Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Ghostwise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if the stella view Zelda game the ancient stone tablets works on the nesc. It's not your normal rom. Thanks!!! :D

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
if i disable the folders into hakchi, when i launch a snes game for example, black screen, then c8 when trying to turn off the machine.
Look somewhere else, RetroArch works fine even without folders.
I even tested it with a SNES game (A Link To The Past) just to be sure.
Which game are you trying to run?
Has anyone tried bsnes on the nesce?
Use search. I've said multiple times that every variaton of bsnes crashes on launch. And even if it did work, it would be too slow

Reactions: DbD

TruMisery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use search. I've said multiple times that every variaton of bsnes crashes on launch. And even if it did work, it would be too slow

Thanks for the answer on that... sorry I didn't search but it was a thought I had after my initial question...

Since you answered that one though... could you at least tell me if I am grabbing cores from the right place? Searching the unanswered question gives me a lot of pages and no real answers... unless I am just not searching the right terms...

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See this is exactly where I get confused time and again. I'm unclear on the whole USE_**** thing. Didn't you already install the modules with the cores you wanted? Why do it again? And regarding your last question, all hmod files/folders in the user_mods folder will show up unchecked every time you go to the Install new modules menu, so you need to keep track of what you've already installed.

Yeah I installed the ones that I wanted(And needed) but wasnt sure about the whole "USE" ones..the instructions are clear but unfortunately all of this tech lingo I barely understand a word of it..Im trying though :-) at least with future updates I will know what to do

Parallax2814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I am aware of that
The problem is, there's just not enough buttons on the NES controller to map Nestopia's "change disk side" function, and it looks like there no option to change sides automatically.
The default mapping is L to eject disk and R to change side disk side. You can use Wii Classic Controller (Pro) if you have one or you can change the mapping yourself in RetroArch options.

The problem being is those changes don't save and you have to adjust them every time you run the game. The "Save Core Remap File" feature doesn't work.

Last edited by Parallax2814,

Rob911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So no one else is having sound issues with snes9x2005? Castlevania IV's sound effects are almost unrecognizable. If someone has snes9x2005 installed and has Castlevania IV, could I ask that you just go to the title screen and press start and let me know if the wolf's howl sounds really off? The music is fine, but most of the sound effects are messed up.

I use snes9x2005, Wolf howl and Music and FX are good from my perspective.

bitz81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello again everybody!
Does anyone know if there is a core for emulating Atari Jaguar games??

Also I have trouble uploading a n64 game (size is 12MB). This is the only big file I am trying to upload but I keep getting stuck at "too many roms" with led light on...

MeteK

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Look somewhere else, RetroArch works fine even without folders.
I even tested it with a SNES game (A Link To The Past) just to be sure.
Which game are you trying to run?

it's not because of the game...

I have also about 90 NES games, and without folders, none of snes/md or even pce games is starting...

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would there be a command line to run gameboy games with a GBA core ?
When i try i get a white screen, they ain't loading.

VoodooRage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again everybody!
Does anyone know if there is a core for emulating Atari Jaguar games??

Oh God... Don't remind me... I talked my parents into getting me one for Christmas and then had to endure my dad every day saying, "Hey, why aren't you playing that new game you asked me to buy you..." What a trash system. I'm pretty sure the Jaguar doesn't have a decent emulator right now.

Speaking of that era of system, pretty disappointed with the Genesis 32x stuff. Sure glad I didn't shell out for that piece of garbage. The Doom port is terrible. It plays in a small window and you can't even strafe. The balls of these companies rolling out those expensive units with such little attention given to the quality of the titles. Give Nintendo credit for taking a lot of care with its N64 offerings.

bitz81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh God... Don't remind me... I talked my parents into getting me one for Christmas and then had to endure my dad every day saying, "Hey, why aren't you playing that new game you asked me to buy you..." What a trash system. I'm pretty sure the Jaguar doesn't have a decent emulator right now.

Speaking of that era of system, pretty disappointed with the Genesis 32x stuff. Sure glad I didn't shell out for that piece of garbage. The Doom port is terrible. It plays in a small window and you can't even strafe. The balls of these companies rolling out those expensive units with such little attention given to the quality of the titles. Give Nintendo credit for taking a lot of care with its N64 offerings.

I know what you mean :) It really was a trash system, but it had a few good games for its time (Alien Vs Predator, Tempest 2000, Rayman) .....

Reactions: ArcNoculus

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Since you answered that one though... could you at least tell me if I am grabbing cores from the right place? Searching the unanswered question gives me a lot of pages and no real answers... unless I am just not searching the right terms...
Yes. Also you can get the cores from Lakka distribution for Raspberry Pi 2/3

See this is exactly where I get confused time and again. I'm unclear on the whole USE_**** thing. Didn't you already install the modules with the cores you wanted? Why do it again? And regarding your last question, all hmod files/folders in the user_mods folder will show up unchecked every time you go to the Install new modules menu, so you need to keep track of what you've already installed.
Yeah I installed the ones that I wanted(And needed) but wasnt sure about the whole "USE" ones..the instructions are clear but unfortunately all of this tech lingo I barely understand a word of it..Im trying though :-) at least with future updates I will know what to do
use_* modules replace the scripts that launch your games, they do not contain any of the cores. They change the default emulator, and nothing more.
That's why you need to install the cores first.

it's not because of the game...
I have also about 90 NES games, and without folders, none of snes/md or even pce games is starting...
That's because you have to use folders if you want to have so many games on your NES.
Remove some games, and you'll see that everything will work just fine

The problem being is those changes don't save and you have to adjust them every time you run the game.
https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration#core-input-remapping
This works perfectly for Nestopia

Last edited by pcm720,

ArcNoculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still need help with this? If so, I am not good with videos but will post detailed instructions on how I got mine to work later after work when I get a chance.

As for the analog stick, if you search this thread I saw someone post how to do this by modifying a command line argument to a game or in a file.

Yes I do still need help with it. I'd really like to solve the analog stick problem, if it can be fixed through command lines that would be great. I've been watching this thread fairly close and must have missed it though. Right now I can only go Up, Down, Left and Right. Diagonal corners are wonky.

As for adding cores, I've seen some people now have individual hmod folders for every core... I don't have that setup, and only want to add a working pico drive core. What's my best option for that?

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Also you can get the cores from Lakka distribution for Raspberry Pi 2/3

use_* modules replace the scripts that launch your games, they do not contain any of the cores. They change the default emulator, and nothing more.
That's why you need to install the cores first.

That's because you have to use folders if you want to have so many games on your NES.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration#core-input-remapping
This works perfectly for Nestopia

yeah I installed them but I didnt see any nestopia here..only the USE_nestopia so that is why I wasn't sure if I should just not even check off the USE modules

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
yeah I installed them but I didnt see any nestopia here..only the USE_nestopia so that is why I wasn't sure if I should just not even check off the USE modules

That's because both FCEUmm and Nestopia are included in the main RetroArch module.
FCEUmm can't run FDS games, so we use Nestopia for that.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because both FCEUmm and Nestopia are included in the main RetroArch module

Oh OK now I understand..so I wont check off the USE ones will check the games to make sure they work..I installed some sega genesis games..someone told me I needed the genesis core I assume that is lingo for retroarch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1