8bit4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations. I'm glad. Be patient.

Rgs.

But I'm late... I'm late....I'm late for a very important date...
disney-white-rabbit-clipart-1.jpg

VoodooRage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got past the C error last night. For some strange reason, none of the SNES games are showing up for the SNES core (it sees the Megadrive games only even thought it is the SNES core). My SNES games are SFC files. Have to go to work, I'll play around with it tonight.

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Setting the audio driver to AlsaThread and turning on threaded Video seems to help, but the performance definitely isn't right. There's something up with it somewhere, if not in Retroarch or the cores it could be in the mali-fbdev driver.

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Got past the C error last night. For some strange reason, none of the SNES games are showing up for the SNES core (it sees the Megadrive games only even thought it is the SNES core). My SNES games are SFC files. Have to go to work, I'll play around with it tonight.
You have to zip them

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what I did use. Mega Man and Bass runs terribly. Do I need to change the settings? I'm still getting used to Retroarch.
Thats strange, i played the Sonic Advance series just fine, try using the snes version, is better the screen is much bigger (or try another gba core like vba or other)

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to zip them

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thats strange, i played the Sonic Advance series just fine, try using the snes version, is better the screen is much bigger (or try another gba core like vba or other)
The GBA version has the better music though... I only play Mega Man games for the music.

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Did you try what he did in the video? So I would be able fit more roms in my liberto/rom folder if I delete that line in the INIT file?

I put up a How-To on the video up on /r/newclassicmods last night, but I kind of agree with Jelmer that with the new version coming out soon you might as well wait, unless you really want more ROMs right now. Also it doesn't allow you to upload more ROMs at one time, it just lets you upload your ROM folder multiple times with new ROMs in it each time and then you can access each of those uploaded folder's through RetroArch.
Link to Work Around the Hakchi2 (2.11 Only) 30MB size limit for Uploads (Useful for RetroArch Rom uploads) How-To post.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When bypassing 30mb limit, how much space do we have access to?
I know the system has 512mb NAND but how much is usable if we only have retroarch installed, no other roms

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I had similar issues, it was odd. How I had to deal with it was I had to use another core. So I downloaded the Snes9x_Next core instead. This is the older version of Snes9x2010 (the one included in retroarch). I don't know why this happened to me as well. It could be the init file itself, maybe the new one from the merge will fix the issue, unless someone else has the init file that does work with snes9x2010 would be nice. Sorry if the init file I provided could be the issue, I thought that this issue came from something else.

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I had similar issues, it was odd. How I had to deal with it was I had to use another core. So I downloaded the Snes9x_Next core instead. This is the older version of Snes9x2010 (the one included in retroarch). I don't know why this happened to me as well. It could be the init file itself, maybe the new one from the merge will fix the issue, unless someone else has the init file that does work with snes9x2010 would be nice. Sorry if the init file I provided could be the issue, I thought that this issue came from something else.
Snes9x 2010 only support zip files, snes 9x next its the up to date version so thats why it nlw detects smc and sfc files

Reactions: Kobe46

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have about 300MB. Disabling the music doesn't free up any space, as it's just swapping in the silence.wav for the background/boot music and the files still exist in another folder.
the system takes up 212 mb or so then?
if there is a way to get more space it would help me out alot since i have a 420mb file i was gonna upload :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto