Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

heygravity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi @8bit4life ! How many NES games can we hope to load if we only use one save by game ? Thank you for your answer.
One save per game is a moot point now that folders are used. Many people here have loaded the entire US NTSC catalogue (around 700 games)!

Edit: unless of course you're talking about maxing out the folder structure with ~90 games per folder?

Last edited by heygravity,

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
[QUOTE = "heygravity, poste: 7101375, membre: 412488"] Une sauvegarde par jeu est un point discutable maintenant que les dossiers sont utilisés. Beaucoup de gens ici ont chargé l'ensemble du catalogue US NTSC (environ 700 jeux)!

Edit:? À moins bien sûr que vous parlez plafonnait la structure du dossier avec ~ 90 jeux par dossier [/ QUOTE]
Thank you for your answer.
Actually, I thought to load more games per folder to increase the max limit of games. In your opinion, it could go up to how much trouble? Regards.

Last edited by artemus3,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
They will be destroyed or they will survive?
Oh sorry, I wasn't very clear there. When I flashed my system again all the saves were gone and all the settings went back to default.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On the other hand, now that it is confirmed that the new version of Hakchi2 will be modular and we don't have to flash the system every time to update a module like RetroArch for example. What is the point of having folders anyway? All those pictures take up a lot of space. Better to keep additional NES, SNES games etc. within RA. You can keep the GUI as original as possible with all the 30 games intact but with just one additional icon (RA in this case). I assume that saving through RA also takes up way less space since it doesn't take a screenshot when you do. I'll just have to wait and see what the new possibilities are as soon as Hakchi2 gets released, I suppose.
Oops I think I may have misread how the whole modular system actually functions. Well we will find out soon enough.

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody in here managed to use this with two NES Minis and two separate games libraries?

I wanted to use one as the main one but use the second as one for the kids with a tailored selection of games that were more suitable for them but it doesn't seem to matter what I try doing, it merges both libraries into a single one.

I've tried having two hakchi2 installations but only have one at C: at a time. I essentially have NES 1 and NES2 folders which contain the hakchi2 folder with everything else inside that. Depending on which console I have connected I'll move either the NES1 or NES2 hakchi2 folder to C: then manage that specific library. After doing what's needed, I then cut and paste the hakchi2 folder from C: back into NES1 or NES2 and let it overnight what ever is in there.

That way I keep them completely separate and there is never more than one instance of hakchi2 at C:

Does anybody know a way around this? It would be really useful as I'm hoping to turn one of them into a SNES Mini when I can run the games natively in the next update. I can just use single library but select/unselect the games I want on each system but it's less than perfect if you loads of games to select/unselect.

Thanks.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody in here managed to use this with two NES Minis and two separate games libraries?

I wanted to use one as the main one but use the second as one for the kids with a tailored selection of games that were more suitable for them but it doesn't seem to matter what I try doing, it merges both libraries into a single one.

I've tried having two hakchi2 installations but only have one at C: at a time. I essentially have NES 1 and NES2 folders which contain the hakchi2 folder with everything else inside that. Depending on which console I have connected I'll move either the NES1 or NES2 hakchi2 folder to C: then manage that specific library. After doing what's needed, I then cut and paste the hakchi2 folder from C: back into NES1 or NES2 and let it overnight what ever is in there.

That way I keep them completely separate and there is never more than one instance of hakchi2 at C:

Does anybody know a way around this? It would be really useful as I'm hoping to turn one of them into a SNES Mini when I can run the games natively in the next update. I can just use single library but select/unselect the games I want on each system but it's less than perfect if you loads of games to select/unselect.

Thanks.
why are you putting the hakchi folders at C: anyway?
(Just wondering i dont know what the problem is)

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks.
Did you know about make games prelist in hakchi2? It let you make diferentes game list, without necessity of copy/move folders. Give a Try ;)

Rgs.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Did you know about make games prelist in hakchi2? It let you make diferentes game list, without necessity of copy/move folders. Give a Try ;)

Rgs.
Yes you can use presets in Hakchi, I never used it. For every set of roms you can use a different preset and load for example only sport games or only action games. Different presets like "kids" or "snes" for example shouldn't be a problem since you can make these presets yourself. Like this you need only one copy of Hakchi of your computer. For a SNES preset from within Hakchi we will have to wait for the next version obviously.

Reactions: nesito

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
File -> Selection Presets -> Add Presets
if you need it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw another shitty poc just cuz
ms-dos editor (no video yet)

Reactions: nesito

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can use presets in Hakchi, I never used it. For every set of roms you can use a different preset and load for example only sport games or only action games. Different presets like "kids" or "snes" for example shouldn't be a problem since you can make these presets yourself. Like this you need only one copy of Hakchi of your computer. For a SNES preset from within Hakchi we will have to wait for the next version obviously.
No, I 'm sorry but that's completely new to me...as is emulation. Seriously, I'm learning as I'm going so I'm not surprised it was a daft question.:blush:

That sounds perfect though. Selection Presets > Add Preset It's so bloody simple!! That's going to be so useful for me, I was slightly concerned about messing around with that setting as I wasn't really sure what it did and I didn't ant to mess up the work that I'd already done.

I did plan on reading the entire thread before I saw how long it is, I'll have to make sure I follow it from now on!

Thank you so much.

EDIT:
Also, thanks Mnecraft368. Ignore everything in my original post.:)

Last edited by 878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
No, I 'm sorry but that's completely new to me...as is emulation. Seriously, I'm learning as I'm going so I'm not surprised it was a daft question.:blush:

That sounds perfect though. Selection Presets > Add Preset It's so bloody simple!! That's going to be so useful for me, I was slightly concerned about messing around with that setting as I wasn't really sure what it did and I didn't ant to mess up the work that I'd already done.

I did plan on reading the entire thread before I saw how long it is, I'll have to make sure I follow it from now on!

Thank you so much.

EDIT:
Also, thanks Mnecraft368. Ignore everything in my original post.:)
No problem, that's why this forum is here.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Well yesterday i made another N64 video with 8 games(some doesn't work or hangs/freeze). Now it's ready to enjoy.

I don't have a Wii classic controller, I'm sorry for the bad/no gameplay, but it's for this reason, I'm "playing" with normal mini nes controller.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

8bit4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yesterday i made another N64 video with 8 games(some doesn't work or hangs/freeze). Now it's ready to enjoy.

I don't have a Wii classic controller, I'm sorry for the bad/no gameplay, but it's for this reason, I'm "playing" with normal mini nes controller.

Rgs.

N64 Looks like it's running like POOP on NES Classic...too much LAG frame rate looks low on most games. You will need to overclock it, not worth it. I'll be more impressed with the integration of retroArch hidden in the background just using the GUI on the NES Classic and having finally ALL the NTSC Licensed as well as Un Licensed NES games running without mapper issues / graphic issues etc

awaiting 2.12....

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
N64 Looks like it's running like POOP on NES Classic...too much LAG frame rate looks low on most games. You will need to overclock it, not worth it. I'll be more impressed with the integration of retroArch hidden in the background just using the GUI on the NES Classic and having finally ALL the NTSC Licensed as well as Un Licensed NES games running without mapper issues / graphic issues etc

awaiting 2.12....
Congratulations. I'm glad. Be patient.

Rgs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto