Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe its on perm, there is no "hotkey" to switch them on/off yet, cluster has done some work with the Genie side I believe

Thanks for that clear answer, exactly what I was looking for. Maybe I will wait and see what 2.12 has till I start cheating myself permanently.

Bigjdoberman

baconcow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is a suggestion... not sure if you have tried this yet or not...

1: unzip the hakchi2 file to a new hakchi2 folder
2: open that hakchi2.exe
3: add the games to the list that you want added
4: download the covers
5: change any of the setting that you want ex: controller reset, autofire, etc
6: hook up the nes to the computer
7: turn the nes classics power on
8: after about 1 minute, turn the nes classic off
9: press the "synchronize selected games with the nes mini" button
10: follow the prompts

This should work as it treats it as a fresh install so you will dump your original kernal again as well as flash the custom kernal. A couple of times I had a similar issue and doing this did the trick... something about flashing the customer kernal just wasn't working as intended...

Hope this works for you.
You need to hold reset when powering on the system once it is connected to the PC. I have seen these instructions listed on GitHub and Reddit and both places people are having issues. Perhaps they are missing the Reset button step. Maybe I am wrong, but I always hold down the Reset button when powering on my unit while attached to the PC.

Last edited by baconcow,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Another video with a leitmotiv send by a commentary in the channel.
Nintendo Arcade Classics on Mini NES Classic core MAME2003.

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,
Reactions: Truchen

Quizzman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi

It might have been asked before, but I have to admit that I don't have the faith to read the 192 pages of this topic.

I get an error when trying to install the drivers:

Code:
Found USB device: "Unknown Device #1" (1F3A:EFE8)
libwdi:error [extract_binaries] failed to create file 'usb_driver\amd64\WdfCoInstaller01011.dll' ([#00000525] Le compte spÚcifiÚ nÆexiste pas.)

Press Enter to exit this driver installer

If I directly launch nesmini_driver.exe from the driver subfolder, I get a better result:

Code:
installing wdi driver with <nesmini.inf> at <usb_driver>

But the problem is then that hakchi doesn't seems to aknowledge the driver installation.

Don anybody know what's happening and how to fix it ?

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From cluster on GBX.RU

''Just feedback to the console without wire UART no, it's okay. There can only record the game and watch - what there are already established problem.

hakchi2 rugnёtsya that MD5 unknown kernel, it's okay.

A new version will be today or tomorrow. Everything is ready, but potestit necessary.''

Im staying awake all night!

Reactions: _Punk_Frog_

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

It might have been asked before, but I have to admit that I don't have the faith to read the 192 pages of this topic.

I get an error when trying to install the drivers:

Code:
libwdi:error [extract_binaries] failed to create file 'usb_driver\amd64\WdfCoInstaller01011.dll' ([#00000525] Le compte spÚcifiÚ nÆexiste pas.)

If I directly launch nesmini_driver.exe from the driver subfolder, I get a better result:

Code:
installing wdi driver with <nesmini.inf> at <usb_driver>

But the problem is then that hakchi doesn't seems to aknowledge the driver installation.

Don anybody know what's happening and how to fix it ?
Disable anti-virus first. Also, might have to disable signature checks depending on your setup if using Windows.

VoodooRage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some trouble with my Wii Classic Remote in RA. It's not recognizing the extra buttons as new buttons, just making them either A or B.

EDIT - Think I found it. Needed to disable the Autofire on Hakchi2.

Last edited by VoodooRage,

TruMisery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to hold reset when powering on the system once it is connected to the PC. I have seen these instructions listed on GitHub and Reddit and both places people are having issues. Perhaps they are missing the Reset button step. Maybe I am wrong, but I always hold down the Reset button when powering on my unit while attached to the PC.

That is correct, perhaps I didn't specify since I have done it so many times it is just habit for me... I will see if I can edit that post to reflect to hold reset when turning the power on.

And actually, reading through my original post, I say to turn the system on, so that the system gets power to it and then turn it off... I do this myself since there are times that if I don't power the system on first, when I press reset and power to boot into the proper mode, it doesn't work and will not power on... I have never had a problem booting the system if I have given it power before modding it.

Last edited by TruMisery,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
From cluster on GBX.RU

''Just feedback to the console without wire UART no, it's okay. There can only record the game and watch - what there are already established problem.

hakchi2 rugnёtsya that MD5 unknown kernel, it's okay.

A new version will be today or tomorrow. Everything is ready, but potestit necessary.''

Im staying awake all night!
In him Github Hakchi2 1 hour ago put this text:
Many fixes, release is soon

Rgs.

Reactions: S-GUNN-99

TruMisery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, these steps also did not work for me. I even made sure to turn the nes classic on for a minute, and turn it off, prior to the synchronize. After Hakchi said I successfully modded the NESC, I plugged it into the TV, and there were only 30 games, with the arrow on Bubble Bobble, exactly where I left it. Any other suggestions?

I have modded about 15 NESC's

Is this one NESC impossible to mod??

I have modded a few systems now and so far, the only time I ran into a problem was when flashing the custom kernal didn't work right. (I had left the computer on after dumping the original kernal and my computer reset while I was gone and it never tried to flash the custom kernal.

Have you tried to create a new hakchi2 folder maybe even name it "hakchi2 test" unzip the hakchi2.zip file into that folder. Then add the games you want to add. Click on the synchronize button and follow the prompts to boot the nes, then dump the original kernal (do you get an error at this step saying it doesn't match the checksum?) then let it flash the custom kernal and then upload.

Hope that helps, as I said, was the only time I couldn't make it work...

naisatoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been working on a few custom folders. If anyone is interested, you can find them on the subreddit:
Sleeves Example.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/5tz6wj/first_attempt_at_custom_folders/

Game Genie Twopack.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/5uj5rn/game_genie_folders/

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users