Maybe I am not that stupid, the other day I was thinking exactly the same :-

Reactions: nesito

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the square buttons difficult to get used to?

I have played with both the myarcade standard and pro nes controllers for a while now, and i think they are just as comfortable as the original controllers, the size is roughly the same, they are a tad thicker, but the response time is good, i tested with megaman, which as you know timing and making the jump are what that's all about, and no issues at all. You can have 2 wireless controllers both hooked up simulataneously with no problems. The reviews for both versions are pretty favorable on Amazon and they are half the price of the 3bitdo ones

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
It seems like such a small amount, maybe just over a dozen snes games? It may be able to run other systems, but I might just stick to nes.
Nah if you compress the files you should be able to play hundreds of SNES games, the limit right now is in the folder itself of RA. As soon as this gets implemented, this shouldn't be a problem any longer.

Reactions: nesito

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like such a small amount, maybe just over a dozen snes games? It may be able to run other systems, but I might just stick to nes.

Nah if you compress the files you should be able to play hundreds of SNES games, the limit right now is in the folder itself of RA. As soon as this gets implemented, this shouldn't be a problem any longer.

This is helpful. In anticipation of this upcoming release (or perhaps it may take until a subsequent version), I'm trying to get an idea of how many SNES games I will be able to load on top of my approx. 240 NES games. I intend to keep it "Nintendo-only," with maybe a handful of GameBoy games as well.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
This is helpful. In anticipation of this upcoming release (or perhaps it may take until a subsequent version), I'm trying to get an idea of how many SNES games I will be able to load on top of my approx. 240 NES games. I intend to keep it "Nintendo-only," with maybe a handful of GameBoy games as well.
Make a top 100 favorite games of all those systems, very soon you'll be able to play your favorite NES, SNES and GB games on one system, easily in the GUI of NES mini. If you choose to, you could bypass this all together using RA and upload even more games, The images (not the games) used in the interface in the GUI of NES mini is what is taking up the most space of the NESCE. The sky is the limit :)

And f**k my English, I had to edit this five times to make it understandable.

Last edited by jelmer,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Make a top 100 favorite games of all those systems, very soon you'll be able to play your favorite NES, SNES and GB games on one system, easily.
Would be nice but complete overkill, the original signal of a NES of 240p. To get HD through HDMI is to multiply this by four "720p". We are talking about 8 bit graphics here, what is the point? EDIT: And I can't calculate, it's official. Going to bed, see you guys tomorrow.

Last edited by jelmer,

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a top 100 favorite games of all those systems, very soon you'll be able to play your favorite NES, SNES and GB games on one system, easily in the GUI of NES mini. If you choose to, you could bypass this all together using RA and upload even more games, The images (not the games) used in the interface in the GUI of NES mini is what is taking up the most space of the NESCE. The sky is the limit :)

And f**k my English, I had to edit this five times to make it understandable.

If it makes you feel any better, I understood everything! :-)

Reactions: jelmer

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
New video about 8 Arcades on Mini NES Classic on FBA 2012 core is uploading... be tuned here :)

Now a non-emulable on built-in mini nes emulator, is emulable on RA for mini nes.

Gradius II Arcade Conversion Hack 1.1.1

Rgs.

How is the performance of NEO GEO? I saw some slowdown on your videos before but don't know if that is the way you are capturing it or is the emulator too slow. What do you think?

ETAPRIME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having issues transferring new games and cores to retroarch.
if I delete the games I no longer want and add new ones they don't show up but the old games are still present even if i delete them all together.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
if I delete the games I no longer want and add new ones they don't show up but the old games are still present even if i delete them all together.
Please wait a bit longer, the whole RetroArch thing is nothing more then a proof of concept as of now. Within a week (maybe two). It will be all implemented. As for now don't expect any help for such issues. Be patient... few more days and we are all here to help you if any issue occurs.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Your problem is that the new game or cores that you put excess the actual RA folder size. Put less games/cores (I recommend not more of 30MB of total size folder \hakchi2\games\CLV-H-RARCH)
Syncro again. Enjoy and wait patiently to the next hakchi2 version for better experience.

Rgs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How is the performance of NEO GEO? I saw some slowdown on your videos before but don't know if that is the way you are capturing it or is the emulator too slow. What do you think?
I try to put always the frame rate on overlay. The NeoGeo games plays so great and no noticable slowdown playing.
But the core FBA 2012 isn't so depurated or the mini cannot run it well. Remember that is a 30 game NES built-in machine for 60$-€ (some people many money more).
But to check on the next video the performance... (I don't know if same RA version or core had some glitch issues or it's my bad configuration on mini RA.

7 Arcade FBA games(don't 8 i'm counting Gradius II :S)

Please, enjoy!

Rgs

Last edited by nesito,
Reactions: jelmer and Actnash

TruMisery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
•For RA, I have 14 games installed taking up 32.5 MB and the system works just fine... I have noticed that if I go over 36 MB, then it stops working...

•The Wii classic controller as well as the Wii Pro Classic controllers work with the nes classic as well as RetroArch... just an fyi for those that have asked...

•I am waiting patiently for retroarch to evolve on the nes classic to go above the current limit of space allowed for roms... until then, I will continue to enjoy the nes classic with hakchi2...

•External storage would be a great addition to the system, even if one had to open the nes classic up, solder some wires, cut the case to make it look good and plug in a flash drive... would be pretty damn cool to be able to play games from a flash drive and use different flash drives for different rom sets or systems... just saying... definitely not out of the realm of possibilities... maybe not likely, but possibly not impossible either...

Keep up the great work Cluster and madmonkey!

XXwillisXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
•External storage would be a great addition to the system, even if one had to open the nes classic up, solder some wires, cut the case to make it look good and plug in a flash drive... would be pretty damn cool to be able to play games from a flash drive and use different flash drives for different rom sets or systems... just saying... definitely not out of the realm of possibilities... maybe not likely, but possibly not impossible either...

Keep up the great work Cluster and madmonkey!

this would make things easier too. we could add and delete Roms without having to flash the system ever time.

Last edited by XXwillisXX,

JoeyV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When attempting to flash custom kernel I'm getting an access denied error. If anyone can assist me it would be greatly appreciated. Also won't let me uninstall. I get the same error. Using v2.11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Patient zero giggity +1