ROM Hack Hacktools HGSS

eugene222

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, i want to ask if they are any hacktools for hgss ?

I search for thoose tools:
Wild Pokemon Change
Evolution Change
Starter Change
Graphic change (How Pokedex graphic or trainer...)

NOT Mapeditor ( I now we havent yet)

I know that theese tools exist for dpp editions... and i want to ask if someone has some tools kompatible with hgss

mfg eugene

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
eugene222 said:
Hello, i want to ask if they are any hacktools for hgss ?

I search for thoose tools:
Wild Pokemon Change
Evolution Change
Starter Change
Graphic change (How Pokedex graphic or trainer...)

NOT Mapeditor ( I now we havent yet)

I know that theese tools exist for dpp editions... and i want to ask if someone has some tools kompatible with hgss

mfg eugene

I dunno
you can look on www.Projectpokemon.org

modecise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There is a tool made by a Chinese forum.
It provides Pokémon Data Change, Wild Pokémon Change, Evolution Change, NPC Pokémon Change, but without Starter Change and Graphics Change.
But the tool is in Chinese (although many names, like Pokémon names, ability names, move names can be set to English) and it only supports Japanese version of HG/SS.

The tool can be found here: http://bbs.pm222.com/viewthread.php?tid=77504

eugene222

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ty but i cant speek japanese so this tool is unusefull for me... I want to hack the japanese Rom, but with englisch tools...

awesome761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For backing up saves on retail carts:

Found this post from the PokeSavDS thread, this software method doesn't always work, its kinda complicated, and you can only backup saves, not put them onto the cart. Its a prototype, But it's a start!

From Chase San:
QUOTE said:
Okay, for all those who want it. I packaged up my prototype version of savhax HGSS. Use this ONLY with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

It requires an expansion ram pack, such as Opera, EZ 3in1, or etc.

Read the instructions, live the instructions, love them, nurture them, and hopefully you will get your save.

http://www.csdgn.org/files/savhax2.7z

WARNING: This is a prototype. If it fails, and it will fail, DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT IT. I already know it fails a lot. No I don't know why yet. If you find a magical way to get it to work 100% all the time every time, please IM me.

I am not responsible if this bricks your computer, sd, flashcart, DS, retail game, ram pack, or related accessory. Nor am I responsible if any of the afford mentioned burst into flame while using savhax. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Sonius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eugene222 said:
YankeeFan802 said:
If you're looking for a ROM editor. Project Pokemon added HG/SS support to theirs.

Project Pokemon ROM Editor (PPRE)

Ok, ty but i dont find the Link for download?

stop right there!
if you are not capable of using google to find a programm (it took me about 30 secs to finding the link)
the stop trying to "hack" something. those things need some experience, time, and lot and lot ambition and critical thinking.
which you obviously lacks...

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eugene222 said:
Ty but i cant speek japanese so this tool is unusefull for me... I want to hack the japanese Rom, but with englisch tools...
Even if you did speak Japanese, it wouldn't help you use that program.

...It's in Chinese.

Dev[PM]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
eugene222 said:
Even if you did speak Japanese, it wouldn't help you use that program.

...It's in Chinese.

You just made it very clear that you know neither languages. Chinese characters are equivalent to Japanese kanji characters, so if you had knowledge of either, you would be at the very least be able to decipher some of text.

eugene222

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Im not ignorant guy
2. I cant speak good englisch but i can read and understand englisch
3. I dont understand Japanese or Chinese
4. I have said thank you so whats the hell?
5. I had have a link for V. 0.10 or so?
6. It hadnt work for me...
7. I havent insult someone so why you are talking in such a bad tone to me?
8. Sry for my bad englisch, and ty them who have helped me and fu to them who have spammed the thread..

Holyevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you editing a rom to release a patch for it so everyone can try it (in english)? If so, I would just stop right here. No one is going to spoon-feed you and teach you step by step how to use these programs unless they are feeling really kind. It's pretty simple how to use them, just read a bit. After all, someone made these programs to make it easier to edit, otherwise you'd be sitting there with a hex editor for hours. Why are you editing the japanese version if you can't understand japanese?

Anyway, you'll need poketex and the list.txt with all the offsets of the sprites for HG/SS. I think someone posted the list in the HeartGold/SoulSilver general rom hacking topic on pokecommunity.com

Evolution changer is on projectpokemon.org, in the rom research and development section.

To change wild pokemon, I believe PPRE can do that, which it seems you've already downloaded.

Starter pokemon, I'm unsure. In platinum, when there was no starter editor, you just found the offset in a hex editor where the starters were and changed them. I don't know where that is in HG/SS. Try asking someone in your best english (use a spell checker) how to edit the starters on a pokemon hacking forum.

eugene222

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you, i know how to use hack programms. I have edited the 3rd generation... I dont want to change the text in the game so i dont need to write english... The problem is, that when i start PPRE and put there the name off my rom(in the same folder), PPRE makes a new folder with the name of the rom, but i cant edit the rom, i get no response if i click on something. I have downloaded the newest Version of PPRE wich seems to work with HGSS but i doesnt work for me... More people have the same problems. they have writen it in the projectpokemon.org forum, but there was no response yet...

I must excuse for my bad englisch....and i will look for a spell checker later...

mfg. eugene

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stop flaming the guy just because his english isn't 100% perfect. Heck most people who speak english as their first lanuage can't even type/spell properly(including me). You can clearly understand what he is saying, it's perfectly fine. The only major mistake is "english". No need to apologise nothing wrong with your posts.

Holyevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eugene222 said:
Thank you, i know how to use hack programms. I have edited the 3rd generation... I dont want to change the text in the game so i dont need to write english... The problem is, that when i start PPRE and put there the name off my rom(in the same folder), PPRE makes a new folder with the name of the rom, but i cant edit the rom, i get no response if i click on something. I have downloaded the newest Version of PPRE wich seems to work with HGSS but i doesnt work for me... More people have the same problems. they have writen it in the projectpokemon.org forum, but there was no response yet...

I must excuse for my bad englisch....and i will look for a spell checker later...

mfg. eugene

That's odd, works fine for me. make sure you have a clean rom. The only thing you need to use is "maps" the wild encounter editor will be there, then press save after every area you edit.

your english doesn't bother me, but spell check might be nice because some people will get irritated or treat you differently if you accidentally spell something wrong.

is there a solution on the forum? maybe that's only with the japanese rom, have you tried using an english rom with PPRE?

I apologize for any rudeness too, I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted people to hold your hand through it but it seems you're just having a common error.

If you keep having issues, you might want to just start on sprite editing or something else until they fix PPRE. also perhaps using an older version of PPRE might work. I remember my japanese rom of heartgold edited fine in version 8. I've only tried the english heartgold rom in version 10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg