Hacktools HGSS

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by eugene222, Mar 21, 2010.

Mar 21, 2010

Hacktools HGSS by eugene222 at 9:25 AM (18,476 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. eugene222
    OP

Member eugene222 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Hello, i want to ask if they are any hacktools for hgss ?

I search for thoose tools:
    Wild Pokemon Change
    Evolution Change
    Starter Change
    Graphic change (How Pokedex graphic or trainer...)

NOT Mapeditor ( I now we havent yet)

I know that theese tools exist for dpp editions... and i want to ask if someone has some tools kompatible with hgss

mfg eugene

2. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    I dunno
    you can look on www.Projectpokemon.org

3. modecise

Newcomer modecise Member

China
    There is a tool made by a Chinese forum.
    It provides Pokémon Data Change, Wild Pokémon Change, Evolution Change, NPC Pokémon Change, but without Starter Change and Graphics Change.
    But the tool is in Chinese (although many names, like Pokémon names, ability names, move names can be set to English) and it only supports Japanese version of HG/SS.

The tool can be found here: http://bbs.pm222.com/viewthread.php?tid=77504

4. eugene222
    OP

Germany
    Ty but i cant speek japanese so this tool is unusefull for me... I want to hack the japanese Rom, but with englisch tools...

5. awesome761

Newcomer awesome761 Advanced Member

United States
    For backing up saves on retail carts:

Found this post from the PokeSavDS thread, this software method doesn't always work, its kinda complicated, and you can only backup saves, not put them onto the cart. Its a prototype, But it's a start!

From Chase San:

6. YankeeFan802

Member YankeeFan802 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  7. eugene222
    OP

Germany
    Ok, ty but i dont find the Link for download?

8. Sonius

Newcomer Sonius Advanced Member

United States

stop right there!
    if you are not capable of using google to find a programm (it took me about 30 secs to finding the link)
    the stop trying to "hack" something. those things need some experience, time, and lot and lot ambition and critical thinking.
    which you obviously lacks...

9. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Even if you did speak Japanese, it wouldn't help you use that program.

...It's in Chinese.

10. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    what an ignorant guy.

11. Pokeeater

Banned Pokeeater Member

United States

are you sure you speak English

12. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    yeah? :wtf:

13. Dev[PM]

Newcomer Dev[PM] Newbie

United States
    You just made it very clear that you know neither languages. Chinese characters are equivalent to Japanese kanji characters, so if you had knowledge of either, you would be at the very least be able to decipher some of text.

14. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Maybe you should try your hand at something a bit easier. Here's a coloring book. go sit in the corner.

15. eugene222
    OP

Germany
    1. Im not ignorant guy
    2. I cant speak good englisch but i can read and understand englisch
    3. I dont understand Japanese or Chinese
    4. I have said thank you so whats the hell?
    5. I had have a link for V. 0.10 or so?
    6. It hadnt work for me...
    7. I havent insult someone so why you are talking in such a bad tone to me?
    8. Sry for my bad englisch, and ty them who have helped me and fu to them who have spammed the thread..

16. Holyevil

Newcomer Holyevil Member

United States
    Are you editing a rom to release a patch for it so everyone can try it (in english)? If so, I would just stop right here. No one is going to spoon-feed you and teach you step by step how to use these programs unless they are feeling really kind. It's pretty simple how to use them, just read a bit. After all, someone made these programs to make it easier to edit, otherwise you'd be sitting there with a hex editor for hours. Why are you editing the japanese version if you can't understand japanese?

Anyway, you'll need poketex and the list.txt with all the offsets of the sprites for HG/SS. I think someone posted the list in the HeartGold/SoulSilver general rom hacking topic on pokecommunity.com

Evolution changer is on projectpokemon.org, in the rom research and development section.

To change wild pokemon, I believe PPRE can do that, which it seems you've already downloaded.

Starter pokemon, I'm unsure. In platinum, when there was no starter editor, you just found the offset in a hex editor where the starters were and changed them. I don't know where that is in HG/SS. Try asking someone in your best english (use a spell checker) how to edit the starters on a pokemon hacking forum.

17. eugene222
    OP

Germany
    Thank you, i know how to use hack programms. I have edited the 3rd generation... I dont want to change the text in the game so i dont need to write english... The problem is, that when i start PPRE and put there the name off my rom(in the same folder), PPRE makes a new folder with the name of the rom, but i cant edit the rom, i get no response if i click on something. I have downloaded the newest Version of PPRE wich seems to work with HGSS but i doesnt work for me... More people have the same problems. they have writen it in the projectpokemon.org forum, but there was no response yet...

I must excuse for my bad englisch....and i will look for a spell checker later...

mfg. eugene

18. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Stop flaming the guy just because his english isn't 100% perfect. Heck most people who speak english as their first lanuage can't even type/spell properly(including me). You can clearly understand what he is saying, it's perfectly fine. The only major mistake is "english". No need to apologise nothing wrong with your posts.

19. mipe

Newcomer mipe Advanced Member

Finland
    Simple question, simple answer:

Make your own tools!

20. Holyevil

Newcomer Holyevil Member

United States

That's odd, works fine for me. make sure you have a clean rom. The only thing you need to use is "maps" the wild encounter editor will be there, then press save after every area you edit.

your english doesn't bother me, but spell check might be nice because some people will get irritated or treat you differently if you accidentally spell something wrong.

is there a solution on the forum? maybe that's only with the japanese rom, have you tried using an english rom with PPRE?

I apologize for any rudeness too, I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted people to hold your hand through it but it seems you're just having a common error.

If you keep having issues, you might want to just start on sprite editing or something else until they fix PPRE. also perhaps using an older version of PPRE might work. I remember my japanese rom of heartgold edited fine in version 8. I've only tried the english heartgold rom in version 10.