shadyboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
since the scene for the Wii is growing and they are getting better...

what about hacking the wii games?
Since we are getting a chance of removing stuff from wii ISO`s, there has to be a way to hack more on the ISO`s...

maybe a safer way to change the region of the game? A 100 % way of changing the region... I know that we have the RegionFrii and other programs, but they dont always work....... and I am sure that there are more of you out there that agree with me that it sux...

just a tought

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think 100% region free will arise from hacking the games. The firmware (which AFAIK hasn't really been hacked) will be the thing to change.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did some work when the extraction util was first released:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=72013&st=0
webyugioh also ripped a bunch of videos from games.
Right now unsigned commercial stuff can not be run though so it was fairly pointless.

"Since we are getting a chance of removing stuff from wii ISO`s"
It is not exactly removal but replacement of hard to compress otherwise unread sectors, if you meant extraction ignore me.

Region free via hacking. I am with arctic_flame in that firmware is the place to look here, in theory it could be done on an iso by iso basis (the current theory is that is a check in addition to the basic firmware/region check against the start of the iso) but it could get fairly tricky if some custom implementations occurred.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Slightly related side-note: The Wii firmware has been dumped and looked at. However, it's encrypted, and no one has had the time/reverse-engineering skills/computing power to decrypt it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night