Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@muskieratboi, this should probably be updated given the fact that it's a sticky...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not yet, and likely Never. Sorry :)
Yeah... never say never...

You can now both load from USB and hack the vWii without any original game discs...

Reactions: oumoumad

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I gave him some links and a quick scene progress.
He will have to read and learn all the recent news before making a proper first post. (I think he wanted to rewrite it completely)

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I gave him some links and a quick scene progress.
He will have to read and learn all the recent news before making a proper first post. (I think he wanted to rewrite it completely)

That's what i'm doing. I'm about 2/3rds done.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP updated. if I missed anything else, Tell me and I'll throw it up.
DiscU was released, allowing WiiU backups to be installed directly to the console NAND or a USB hard drive formatted for the WiiU, loaded from an SD card, combined with a download directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. This required a further patch per title as tickets were not correctly copied.

It wasn't a DiscU release that triggered this. May I suggest:

The 'Brazilian' method was publicized, allowing many WiiU titles to be installed from SD to the console NAND or a WiiU-formatted USB hard drive, by combining tickets extracted from disc backups with installation files downloaded directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. Tickets obtained using existing utilities required modification before use due to an error in the extraction process, but once installed, the tickets and titles operated as legitimate installations.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It wasn't a DiscU release that triggered this. May I suggest:

The 'Brazilian' method was publicized, allowing many WiiU titles to be installed from SD to the console NAND or a WiiU-formatted USB hard drive, by combining tickets extracted from disc backups with installation files downloaded directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. Tickets obtained using existing utilities required modification before use due to an error in the extraction process, but once installed, the tickets and titles operated as legitimate installations.

Sure. Give me a second to get off the phone and I'll copy pasta. :)

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sure. Give me a second to get off the phone and I'll copy pasta. :)
I think so far the only way to update to 5.5.1 is through online update, so I'd suggest doing it asap before another update comes out. this firmware version has became the standard today for all the developpement, unless you are willing to always wait someone to port the homebrew/hax to your firmware (and for each version released), there's absolutely no reason for you to stay in that firmware.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what would be nice ? A simple flow chart for noobs. Unless you have been very active in the scene for the past year it's hard to know where to start!

Id make it myself but I don't consider myself an expert on everything out there.

Anyone up for it?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what would be nice ? A simple flow chart for noobs. Unless you have been very active in the scene for the past year it's hard to know where to start!

Id make it myself but I don't consider myself an expert on everything out there.

Anyone up for it?
What exactly do you mean by "flow chart?"

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly do you mean by "flow chart?"
I'm thinking along the lines of the flow chart pdf that was made by the team xecuter group for the xbox360. Since we have so many different homebrew and hacking methods now (web exploit, brazillian, IOSU and Rednand etc.) I thought it'd be nice to have something to point people who are trying to get it all figured out. The stickies are kind of a mess as far as trying to read it all and understand.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
x360usb_flowchart.jpg

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question...is there a GameCube emulator on Homebrew? Not for anything pirate-y, mind you...just want a way to play my Pokemon Colosseum and XD discs or ROM dumps or whatever..

Last edited by ChicagoMel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k