Hacking Hacking/Modding a potentially corrupted wii-u?

rickwj324

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for a little advice on modding a potentially corrupted Wii-U system. A co-worker brought me her Wii-U and I’m hoping I can fix it and mod it like I have with my other Wii-U systems.

The system is a black 32gb unit and had 5.5.1 on it. There were multiple profiles on the system and quite a few games installed. The owner said that it was giving memory errors (she couldn’t tell me details other than that). So I took it home and here’s what I found:

1) System boots fine, I can click on games and navigate fine. I was going to try and reformat it but it was password protected (I’m hoping she has the pin). When I went to open the PARENTAL CONTROLS panel it crashed with the memory error! I had to shut down and restart.

2) It crashes every time I try to go into PARENTAL CONTROLS. For the heck of it I chose to update to 5.5.2 and it let me do that without issue. After the update I still have the problem accessing PARENTAL CONTROLS.

3) Researching the issue a bit I found that some consoles were apparently corrupted by Super Smash Bros. I went into system settings and started deleting game saves and downloaded games. It let me do that until I got to Smash Bros. When I try to delete game saves for that game it crashes causing a memory error.

So, assuming I can get the PIN to unlock the system, I’m hoping to be able to reformat the system, create a new NNID, download the needed DS game for Haxchi/CBHC and use the system in that manner.

Does anyone know if this would be possible or would whatever is corrupted on the internal storage prevent me from using haxchi and playing games from an external hard drive?

If I can get her PIN I am definitely going to try to hack it and will post whether it was successful or not. If anyone has any knowledge or advice I’m open to any suggestions before proceeding. J

Thanks in advance! -Rick

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe there is a way to populate a parental controls code. I thought I read about a website on here but I'm not sure if it works. A quick google search should give you what you are looking for.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here https://mkey.salthax.org/

You can easily remove the PIN with this if she doesn't have it.

Anyway, you can't do so without entering Parental Controls first.

You could try using the Web Exploit for getting into Mocha, and try to delete Smash save files through FTP.

Poketard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this IS the Smash bug, then reformatting will brick the console. So don't do that until you really know it's safe.

rickwj324

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this IS the Smash bug, then reformatting will brick the console. So don't do that until you really know it's safe.

Yeah...looks like it's bricked. Wish I had seen these posts earlier. I got the pin from her and chose to reformat. It seems to be frozen on deleting things. I left it on to see if it will finish but I'm sure it's probably dead at this point.
Thanks to everyone that's posted. I will let u k ow the outcome. Rick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c