Hacking 'Hacked'/Korean Mii Names for Wii U

Isle41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was wondering if there was a way to get hacked mii names onto the Wii U. I'm not so much interested in the private use symbols (which Nintendo makes A buttons and other things with), primarily Korean names (which you can get from QR Codes, if you have a Korean 3DS).
Would doing a transfer from the vWii->Wii U work? Would getting them on the vWii be a process of mii installer?

Thank you.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there was a way to get hacked mii names onto the Wii U. I'm not so much interested in the private use symbols (which Nintendo makes A buttons and other things with), primarily Korean names (which you can get from QR Codes, if you have a Korean 3DS).
Would doing a transfer from the vWii->Wii U work? Would getting them on the vWii be a process of mii installer?

Thank you.

it should, try a Mii Installer that uses d2x (249,250,251) or you try one via cIOS236 via MMM or any other launcher that can reload to another IOS.
to get them on the Wii U side, you should be able to transfer them from the vWii to the Wii U using the Wii U Mii Channel.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unfortunately not, I am afraid.

The main Mii I used on my Wii had Korean characters in its name too. It transferred from Wii -> vWii fine (even though on non-Korean systems the characters are rendered as [?], except in a Korean game, where it would render fine).

However, Transferring from vWii -> Wii U Mii Maker... it does not recognize the name and therefore replaces it with ???, just like on the 3DS (At least a non-Korean one anyway).

So, long story short, vWii yes, Wii U no.
Makes me wonder what Nintendo will do when Wii U is released in Korea... I guess maybe they would make a system update for compatibility by then?

Isle41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, long story short, vWii yes, Wii U no.
Makes me wonder what Nintendo will do when Wii U is released in Korea... I guess maybe they would make a system update for compatibility by then?

Nope.
You can get Korean names from QR Codes and the Wii U supports Korean natively. You can transfer Korean Miis from a non Korean 3DS to the Wii U (so long as you got it from a QR Code).
In Korea I expect them to have yet a 'different' console than everyone else, again.

Looks like I'll be buying a Korean 3DS sometime for lulz.

If you want proof of my 2 statements:
http://blog.naver.com/k020315?Redirect=Log&logNo=70150471213
And just navigate to any Korean site using the web browser (like naver).

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm, well that is strange... that is what happened to my Mii when I tried transferring it to Wii U or 3DS, the name changed to ???.

However, scanning the QR code from the link you posted worked fine, the Mii's name did not change... I suppose right at this moment, to transfer a Korean named Mii from Wii to Wii U would require either a Korean 3DS or Korean Wii U as a middleman to generate a compatible QR code out of it, and then use that...

Isle41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, well that is strange... that is what happened to my Mii when I tried transferring it to Wii U or 3DS, the name changed to ???.

However, scanning the QR code from the link you posted worked fine, the Mii's name did not change... I suppose right at this moment, to transfer a Korean named Mii from Wii to Wii U would require either a Korean 3DS or Korean Wii U as a middleman to generate a compatible QR code out of it, and then use that...

I believe QR Codes can force any symbol, of course I have no proof, but it seems likely.
Until some basic QR Code Maker is released (name+client id is all that's really needed..........), buying a Korean 3DS is my Cheapest bet.

Although, if I were really desperate, I wonder if we region changed our vWii to Korea, then tried to transfer it? Hmm, I'll import a Korean Wii U before I do that though XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, some 10 mg what?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, weed gummies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i didnt mean that
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    gummy candy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    god these things taste fucking awful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sometimes I call @Sicklyboy a sexy bitch then a moron just to keep it 50/50
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, the constant emotional whiplash keeps me on my toes, ready to expect anything, at any moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, I used to take CBD gummies as an alternative to anti-depressants. 10mg. I do not recommend these as it made me much worse.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Builds characters sometimes you gotta smack balls together other times you gotta shoot your friends
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, I don't think my body processes cannabinoids properly, at least through edibles. Taking 10, 20mg of weed edibles does nothing for me ever, which is why I'm just yoloing my way into this bottle to see how many eat and how stoned I get lmao
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol glad to hear it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember eating thc chocolate I either did too much or it was laced cause I had to 911 myself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Puking and uncontrollable shakes
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I had 45mg of edibles a few nights ago and got to the point of like "oh I feel a light buzz in my body" and then it went away like 10 minutes later
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I'll take that as a no thanks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Should have formulated the apology better
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, I don't think you've got anything you need to apologize for in here m8
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather just smoke it.... But I can't get these damn gummies to light
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, i was apologizing to rez
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, I know what I said 😎
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I would but all of the bud I have is old and shitty lol. Still not out of the question for a little later though
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even if it goes class 3 Kansas still won't do shit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But my doctors like oh yeah just take ativain
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    PEAS & CARROTS :P
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: PEAS & CARROTS :P