Hacking Hack SXOS

whitezombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SXOS-GFX.exe crashes for me too when deleting the out folder but it does delete the folder. I just close the window, it doesn't bother me, it works, and I appreciate the work you put in to it.

upload_2021-5-26_10-21-44.png

Reactions: chronoss

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because NSZ and XCZ are not official formats, XCI and NSP are official formats. Websites that host warez doesn't allow compressed format.
I'm aware what those formats are and who "created" them. This was not the reason for XorTroll not to support them though.
You can find his words on this in the Goldleaf thread where people obviously started asking for NSZ support when the format appeared.
You said he doesn't support piracy then why he created Goldleaf.
Don't ask me, ask him. From an anti-piracy perspective, it's good to have title installers because the eShop won't last forever and people who bought games digitally can dump them to NSPs and preserve them "forever".
I'm aware that - from this perspective - it doesn't make sense to support NSPs but not support NSZs.
Honestly I think the real reason not to support NSZs is the fact that Blawar was involved in creating that format and XorTroll and Blawar don't ... like each other that much. ;)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware what those formats are and who "created" them. This was not the reason for XorTroll not to support them though.
You can find his words on this in the Goldleaf thread where people obviously started asking for NSZ support when the format appeared.

Don't ask me, ask him. From an anti-piracy perspective, it's good to have title installers because the eShop won't last forever and people who bought games digitally can dump them to NSPs and preserve them "forever".
I'm aware that - from this perspective - it doesn't make sense to support NSPs but not support NSZs.
Honestly I think the real reason not to support NSZs is the fact that Blawar was involved in creating that format and XorTroll and Blawar don't ... like each other that much. ;)

lol why you said don't ask you, you the one point that out, so you should show proof that he is anti piracy. Blawar has a lot of enemies anyway, with his fiasco with Hekate/Kosmos.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol why you said don't ask you, you the one point that out, so you should show proof that he is anti piracy. Blawar has a lot of enemies anyway, with his fiasco with Hekate/Kosmos.
I presented you nothing but facts that anyone who's following the scene for a few years knows very well.
Why in the world would I waste my precious time looking for his exact posts only to show it to you?
If you don't believe me, go on then. I don't really care. ;)

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It doesn't crash for me, you can compile yourself - and mod what you need:
Code:
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <direct.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <iostream>
#include <cstdint>

#include <filesystem> // C++17 standard header file name
using namespace std::filesystem;

const char gfxin[13][20] = { {"themes/menu_bg.bmp"},
                            {"themes/bootcfw.bmp"},
                            {"themes/holder.bmp"},
                            {"themes/bootofw.bmp"},
                            {"themes/options.bmp"},
                            {"themes/core.bmp"},
                            {"themes/autorcm.bmp"},
                            {"themes/nand.bmp"},
                            {"themes/emunand.bmp"},
                            {"themes/repair.bmp"},
                            {"themes/launch.bmp"},
                            {"themes/poweroff.bmp"},
                            {"themes/splash.bmp"} };

const char gfxout[13][20] = { {"out/menu_bg.bin"},
                                {"out/bootcfw.bin"},
                                {"out/holder.bin"},
                                {"out/bootofw.bin"},
                                {"out/options.bin"},
                                {"out/core.bin"},
                                {"out/autorcm.bin"},
                                {"out/nand.bin"},
                                {"out/emunand.bin"},
                                {"out/repair.bin"},
                                {"out/launch.bin"},
                                {"out/poweroff.bin"},
                                {"out/splash.bin"} };

int size_gfx[13] = { 0x3c1000,0x41000,0x41000,0x41000,0x41000,0x5000,0x5000,0x5000,0x5000,0x5000,0x5000,0x5000,0x3c1000 };
int size_gfx_reso_x[13] = { 0x2D0,0x100,0x100,0x100,0x100,0x40,0x40,0x40,0x40,0x40,0x40,0x40,0x2D0 };
int size_gfx_reso_y[13] = { 0x500,0x100,0x100,0x100,0x100,0x40,0x40,0x40,0x40,0x40,0x40,0x40,0x500 };
int size;

int main()
{
    int count;
    const char* directory = "out";

if (!_mkdir(directory) == 0)
    {
        for (const auto& entry : std::filesystem::directory_iterator(directory))
            std::filesystem::remove_all(entry.path());      
        rmdir(directory);
    }

for (count = 0; count < 13; count++)
    {
        int i;
        int j;
        int x;
        int y;
        //int z;
        int size_header;

char* tmp_in;
        char* tmp_out;

FILE* file_in;
        FILE* file_out;

if ((file_in = fopen(gfxin[count], "rb")) == NULL) { printf("no file: %s \n", gfxin[count]); continue; }

tmp_in = (char*)malloc(size_gfx[count] * sizeof(char));
        fread(tmp_in, size_gfx[count], 1, file_in);
        size_header = tmp_in[0xa] & 0xff;

file_out = fopen(gfxout[count], "wb");
        tmp_out = (char*)malloc(size_gfx[count] * sizeof(char));

if (count == 12) {
            j = 0;
            i = 0;
            for (x = 1; x < (size_gfx_reso_y[count] + 1); x++)
            {

for (y = size_gfx_reso_x[count]; y > 0; y--)
                {
                    tmp_out[j + 0] = tmp_in[size_header + ((size_gfx_reso_y[count] * y * 4) - (x * 4)) + 2];
                    tmp_out[j + 1] = tmp_in[size_header + ((size_gfx_reso_y[count] * y * 4) - (x * 4)) + 1];
                    tmp_out[j + 2] = tmp_in[size_header + ((size_gfx_reso_y[count] * y * 4) - (x * 4)) + 0];
                    tmp_out[j + 3] = tmp_in[size_header + ((size_gfx_reso_y[count] * y * 4) - (x * 4)) + 3];
                    j += 4;
                }

for (i = 0; i < 0xC0; i += 1)
                {
                    tmp_out[j + i] = 0x0;
                }
                j += i;
            }

}
        else {
            j = 0;
            for (x = size_gfx_reso_x[count]; x > 0; x--)
            {
                for (y = size_gfx_reso_y[count]; y > 0; y--)
                {
                    tmp_out[j + 0] = tmp_in[size_header + ((size_gfx_reso_y[count] * x * 4) - (y * 4)) + 2];
                    tmp_out[j + 1] = tmp_in[size_header + ((size_gfx_reso_y[count] * x * 4) - (y * 4)) + 1];
                    tmp_out[j + 2] = tmp_in[size_header + ((size_gfx_reso_y[count] * x * 4) - (y * 4)) + 0];
                    tmp_out[j + 3] = tmp_in[size_header + ((size_gfx_reso_y[count] * x * 4) - (y * 4)) + 3];
                    j += 4;
                }
            }
        }

fwrite(tmp_out, (size_gfx[count] - 4096), 1, file_out);
        fclose(file_out);
        fclose(file_in);
        free(tmp_in);
        free(tmp_out);
        printf("file convert success : %s \n", gfxin[count]);
    }
    printf("success !!!\n");
}
It crash when u have already a out folder...

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Of all persons capable of providing an XCI mounter I think the only one that really would do it (from a moral perspective) might be Blawar.
Blawar? We are talking about Open Source homebrew.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

m4xw ported multiple emulators but he refused to include USB support into RetroArch for - as he said - anti-piracy reasons.
You might think "lol",
and pay them for something so incomplete that it has been dead for a long time?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They prefer to fill up with incomplete ports than to dedicate themselves to just one and finish it.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Blawar? We are talking about Open Source homebrew.
I was talking about NSZ support in Goldleaf. Blawar was involved in developing NSZ. XorTroll dislikes Blawar. XorTroll didn't include NSZ support. That's all.
This has nothing to do with open source or not.
Sure the fact that Goldleaf is open source lead to Blawar forking it, naming it Goldbricks and including NSZ support. However this was rather to fool XorTroll (once again) but to help out the community because at that point we already had enough alternatives to deal with NSZ files and Blawar didn't go on to update Goldbricks.
and pay them for something so incomplete that it has been dead for a long time?
They prefer to fill up with incomplete ports than to dedicate themselves to just one and finish it.
I'm sorry but since this is the second time I'm reading this bullsh*t here on gbatemp (I hope the first wasn't by you as well) I have to stop you here.
Yes, m4xw seems to be somehow inactive now although some emulators might still have bugs/issues. However his free time is honestly well deserved for what he has done.
Without him we wouldn't be anywhere near the amount of emulators and the fantastic (despite all isues) state of RetroArch currently on the Switch.
He ported it to libnx back when it was using the other homebrew lib and made it that far, that RetroArch is upstreamed to the official project meaning we're receiving updates whenever RetroArch is updated anywhere else. We can use all fancy stuff like RetroAchievements, Netplay and god knows what else.
I can play literally all 2D systems perfectly fine on my Switch which makes it a retro powerhouse.
Sure when it comes to 3D, a few cores can't keep up. Nevertheless he did much for N64 emulation, PPSSPP, PSX, Dreamcast and even Citra although it's not really fun to use it on the Switch right now.
The Switch has it's limit. I don't know what everyone expect. That m4xw simply has to spend enough time on Citra to make it fullspeed? It's most likely not possible with that hardware. Some goes for other 3D cores so be thankful what you have and stop blaming him.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was talking about NSZ support in Goldleaf. Blawar was involved in developing NSZ. XorTroll dislikes Blawar. XorTroll didn't include NSZ support. That's all.
as easy as including lz4 support and any installer can implement it.

Without him we wouldn't be anywhere near the amount of emulators and the fantastic (despite all isues) state of RetroArch currently on the Switch.

the real credit goes to Switchroot, who gave him the libraries to port something anyone can do. But its lazy re-implementation to give more support to emulators leaves much to be desired.

And Blawar follows in his footsteps. They have only followed the shadows of Adubbz, yellows8, SciresM, plutoo, XorTroll, to name a few.

Modern Vintage Gamer's would make better ports, even create dedicated console emulators.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
port something anyone can do
Nope, certainly not anyone. But I assume you could have?
He did a big load amount of work for many months straight to get RetroArch to that state. Also the Mupen64plus-Next core is his sole work. Is that also something anyone can do?
Also you're confounding Switchroot with SwitchBrew.
SciresM, plutoo
Okay, now I'm sure you're trolling.
Nobody has done more (and still does) for the Switch homebrew scene than SciresM (and CTCaer).
He's still delivering within hours if a FW update happens.
Take a look that all release tags on github and you'll find out that each update not only supports the newest FW but does a lot under the surface. What exactly do you expect at this point?
Tell me. Please.
That he makes you Switch earning you Bitcoins and washing the dishes for you? Wake up already.
plutoo on the other hand never was someone who promised any amount of anything to release yet he just recently released the Bluetooth audio sysmodule so it's even worse you named him here too.

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: Jonoxley

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)