Hacking Hack SXOS

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that doesn't stop people from sharing games on the internet, so I guess it's the same thing... as for the Atmosphere dev are we really to believe that he went through all the trouble of making a CFW just to run 'homebrew' ?
Atmosphere was made as a result of Scires loving Horizon and wanting to write an open source implementation of it.

Sure... but to me that looks more like an excuse so he can have a 'free pass' on what he does... he could as easily make it so Atmosphere would not work with any type of sigpatches whatsoever and he doesn't.
No, he can’t.
Atmosphere has a general purpose patching system, which sigpatches use.
Removing it would be stupid.
Blacklisting processes sigpatches patch would also be stupid, as there’s legitimate use cases for patching those processes (see: nogc patches) and it’d be the most pointless thing ever as it could very easily be bypassed.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: f0li0

Checcolino80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have encountered a problem related to this process. Everything works fine but if I restart the console I am in the BOOT.DAT screen. I don't understand why, it seems that the boot.bat file or payload.bin gets corrupted. If I replace them with the original ones everything goes back to working until the restart

Reactions: chronoss

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Boot.dat 3.10 error check added to script to ensure that the user is using the correct sxos version.
U must to make a message error if it's a wrong boot.dat because, wrong or good, the script exit at the end :(

I have encountered a problem related to this process. Everything works fine but if I restart the console I am in the BOOT.DAT screen. I don't understand why, it seems that the boot.bat file or payload.bin gets corrupted. If I replace them with the original ones everything goes back to working until the restart
Fix soon...

Reactions: Inaki

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Maybe you used the wrong sxos version.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
U must to make a message error if it's a wrong boot.dat because, wrong or good, the script exit at the end :(

Fix soon...
It works fine for me,

cGmYxCe.png

3.10 boot.dat executes the script fine, anything else or if boot.dat is missing exits the script.

Reactions: Inaki

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
your script works well but I want a confirmation message at the end without closing the DOS dialog box
If you're using dos - you need to add PAUSE to the end of your batch file.

example:

some script
pause >nul

That will stop your console window from closing, that's nothing to do with the python script - your OS deals with that.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: Inaki and chronoss

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A lot of games can be easily backported to version X. It's not a lot of new features/behind the scenes stuff the games need on the Switch. Maybe in a year or two they might require something from FW 11+

Reactions: Reacher17 and Inaki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: