ROM Hack Hack suggestion: Rune Factory combat engine is very good

Hand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I do not like Harvest Moon games, but I loved the combat system of Rune Factory 3.

Rune Factory 3 has the best system for Action-RPG (or hack and slash) that I see in DS.

We can use many weapons (short sword, long sword, dual blade, spear, brawling...) and evolve skills of each weapon.
There are many interesting spells that we can use and evolve each type of spells (fire, water, wind, dark, light, cure...).

What kills the game is the Harvest Moon part. We have to do repetitive boring tasks: sleep when it is night, collect items (or farm) to sell and get money, do boring requests/quests to grind in the dungeons. The enemies of the next dungeon are too strong and we need to grind.

My suggestion is the creation of an ARPG game using RF3 engine. I have no knowledge about rom hacking.

I believe that the three games have 1 town and 5 dungeons (4 dungeons represent a season). The number of places is small for a complete common RPG game. The towns and dungeons from Rune Factory 1 and 2 should be imported to the hack in order to expand the game world. Then, they would be combined in a way to create a story and a sequence of places where the main character will visit. With a larger world and a true story, the character would get stronger while the adventure progress without grinding.

The RP bar should be MP instead of decreasing with any action, such as physical fighting and cooking. I died while I was cooking because I lost all RP. The time should be stopped without calendar, the day and night cycle and rain would have only aesthetic effect.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pretty much all of this is wrong.

the combat system in the rune factory game is adequate, but not great by any means.
and if you take out everything but the dungeons, the game would end up really boring too.

finally, i dont have any knowledge about hacking either, but just importing maps from one game to another usually doesnt work.

editing text alone is one thing. but moving npcs to correspond to a new story and new events is also not the easiest thing to do. certainly not without tools that would need to be created for everything.

all in all, yes, it would be great if any of that happened. i've always been a fan of X-Maker type of games. but this would require work by people who usually have better things to do. so its not going to happen.

and chances are, building such an action rpg maker from the ground up would probably be easier than trying to hack this game.
*insert 10 more reasons why your idea is not bad, yet impossible or extremely improbable here*
sorry

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, there´s a new rune factory game coming for the 3ds:`4´
from what i heard/saw, the game looks `deeper´than RF3,mostly graphics, but the combat/farm and social are getting improved as well.

as for the hack,i think that it would take much time and many hack pros to do things like content expansion.

I died while I was cooking because I lost all RP.
funniest moment of the game.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the combat system in the rune factory game is adequate, but not great by any means.
and if you take out everything but the dungeons, the game would end up really boring too.
I disagree. That may be the case in 1 and 2, but many would agree that 3's combat overhauls have made it much deeper and an enjoyable experience in its own right; definitely one of the best ARPG experiences you can find on the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...