• Start date
  • Views 1,773
  • Replies 27
D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, sorry for being a noob.
Long story short:

- Dad bought a 2006 White Wii a week ago.
- It's version 4.1U
- Not hacked... completely vanilla. It's too cute.
- Last time I hacked a Wii (my Wii) was in 2010.
- Can't remember what to do.
- Just connected the darn thing to my Internet Router.

So, my questions are:

1.- Which entrypoints are the most viable to hack a vanilla Wii? And how can I install a second entry-point in case of semi-brick?
2.- Do I still need to install cIOS and all that old stuff like Trucha and Hermes and what not? (I can't remember)
3.- Where can I find the required stuff?
4.- Probably I would like to make the SD reader the main loader... so I guess I'll have to install d2x cIOS but not sure.
5.- Any opinions on WHAT to install on it and WHY? I don't want to brick it...

PS: Sorry again for being a noob. But I'ts a bit confusing, apparently not so long someone discovered a new entrypoint... Last time I used LetterBomb (when it came out)

D

Deleted User

OP
@XFlak 's ModMii will do the trick just fine! It's very safe, just make sure you have an SD card and not SDHC. Follow all the instructions that pop up in your browser and you should be fine. It's very safe.

Reactions: Lacius

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, sorry for being a noob.
Long story short:

- Dad bought a 2006 White Wii a week ago.
- It's version 4.1U
- Not hacked... completely vanilla. It's too cute.
- Last time I hacked a Wii (my Wii) was in 2010.
- Can't remember what to do.
- Just connected the darn thing to my Internet Router.

So, my questions are:

1.- Which entrypoints are the most viable to hack a vanilla Wii? And how can I install a second entry-point in case of semi-brick?
2.- Do I still need to install cIOS and all that old stuff like Trucha and Hermes and what not? (I can't remember)
3.- Where can I find the required stuff?
4.- Probably I would like to make the SD reader the main loader... so I guess I'll have to install d2x cIOS but not sure.
5.- Any opinions on WHAT to install on it and WHY? I don't want to brick it...

PS: Sorry again for being a noob. But I'ts a bit confusing, apparently not so long someone discovered a new entrypoint... Last time I used LetterBomb (when it came out)
https://please.hackmii.com/

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
@XFlak 's ModMii will do the trick just fine! It's very safe, just make sure you have an SD card and not SDHC. Follow all the instructions that pop up in your browser and you should be fine. It's very safe.
Damn! I have a 16GB SD card... was planning to use that as I don't have a smalled one.
I do have some 2GB and some 4GB but they're being used by my Wii.
Also... I'm reading this guide...

D

Deleted User

OP
Damn! I have a 16GB SD card... was planning to use that as I don't have a smalled one.
I do have some 2GB and some 4GB but they're being used by my Wii.
Also... I'm reading this guide...
ModMii works with any version. It takes a little while to get all set up but the instructions are very clear, just do everything they say. I wouldn't bother with this guide, cause I havent tried it but if you want to, that's fine.

ModMii is superior!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

O hsorry, didn't sse that you guuys replied
makes me look like ajerk oops

D

Deleted User

OP
Okay... one LAST question:
Reading the guide, everything is slowly comming back to me again.

Something is not clear to me yet... and I hope you guys could guide me on this question:
The guide is heavily focused in Anti-Brick protection and WAD installing and all that basic stuff...

What it DOES NOT mention is if I STILL NEED TO INSTALL HERMES AND WANINKOKO'S cIOS and all that stuff... certainly can't remember exactly.
What I DO remember is that way back in 2010 I did installed all that Hermes and Waninkoko's stuff and some other cIOS (like the one that solved the loading of New Super Mario Bros and other things)

Do I still need to do all the Hermes-Waninkoko's stuff?

D

Deleted User

OP
Okay... one LAST question:
Reading the guide, everything is slowly comming back to me again.

Something is not clear to me yet... and I hope you guys could guide me on this question:
The guide is heavily focused in Anti-Brick protection and WAD installing and all that basic stuff...

What it DOES NOT mention is if I STILL NEED TO INSTALL HERMES AND WANINKOKO'S cIOS and all that stuff... certainly can't remember exactly.
What I DO remember is that way back in 2010 I did installed all that Hermes and Waninkoko's stuff and some other cIOS (like the one that solved the loading of New Super Mario Bros and other things)

Do I still need to do all the Hermes-Waninkoko's stuff?

Have you started on your wii? ModMii does not require you to do any of this, no risk at all I would do it if you don't want to try and track all that down.

D

Deleted User

OP
Ran into a problem... I can't update the Wii. Is still on 4.1U
Is this okay? Guess I can update it with cIOS later, no?

I do have Internet Connection on it, but it WON'T update the firmware.

D

Deleted User

OP
ModMii is very beginner friendly. I tried it myself
Ran into a problem... I can't update the Wii. Is still on 4.1U
Is this okay? Guess I can update it with cIOS later, no?

I do have Internet Connection on it, but it WON'T update the firmware.
ModMii will update for you, it downloads the updates from the nintendo servers (which are about to shut down).
You install it on your computer first, and then do what the browser popup says.

Reactions: XFlak
D

Deleted User

OP
ModMii is very beginner friendly. I tried it myself

ModMii will update for you, it downloads the updates from the nintendo servers (which are about to shut down).
You install it on your computer first, and then do what the browser popup says.
Uuuuuuugh :(
okay

D

Deleted User

OP
Not trying to be a jerk, lol but it's much easier. I'm checking to see if the server's are still up, if not I'm not entirely sure what to do.

Yes! They still work. Also, you need a thumb drive to plug in. Do you have one?
It's not hard, I promise :)

D

Deleted User

OP
Maaaaan... LetterBomb has only 4.3U System Version...
Not trying to be a jerk, lol but it's much easier. I'm checking to see if the server's are still up, if not I'm not entirely sure what to do.

Yes! They still work. Also, you need a thumb drive to plug in. Do you have one?
It's not hard, I promise :)
Don't worry. I'm thankful you're taking the time to reply... I just am a bit unsure. It's been so long since I made this.

D

Deleted User

OP
Don't worry about it :) yeah I don't think ModMii was around, that must've been the dark ages lol

D

Deleted User

OP
Something a bit strange just happened.
So... I've already did the PleaseHackMii (letterbomb)
And the Wii WAS on 4.1U (I swear!) and now I've installed Homebrew but it failed to install BootMii.
And NOW the Wii has suddenly updated to 4.3U on it's own.
Like... not sure what happened... but I will try to install bootmii now.

Nope, sorry, BootMii is installed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Mines are all the dragon ball animes. Im also enjoying Fullmetal alchemist and my hero academia