Hacking RELEASE HACDN v3 - Safely download your Switch eShop purchases on your PC

Which is the better Switch game?

• Total voters

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a shame, you worked really hard to create a product and so many people give you crap about it.

If people don't realize there is a chance they could be banned with this tool, they shouldn't be using CFW. Same goes for literally anything else relating to CFW.

Keep up the work man, hope you're learning a lot by building these tools as well!
There will always be someone out there whos willing to bring you down. Their lives are miserable so they try to drag others with them so they dont feel alone. People like those can be found anywhere. Ignoring those people is the key to success. they want nothing but to tell you how crap your work is. Keep the good work up simon.

Last edited by Hondyn,

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why not? It can be fine, you just forgot or didn't know to do something. No not a wait for 5 seconds.

Anytime you block a thread while checking something in a loop and keep waiting on it, you don't need to hog the cpu. Instead sleep the thread (so it doesn't hog the cpu yet is still just or even more effective [since it's not slowing things down])
I'm not sure what it is in vb but I just looked it up and it seems to be the same the standard windows thread sleep.
->https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...aspx?cs-save-lang=1&cs-lang=vb#code-snippet-1

I think you could just:
Code:
Imports System.Threading
//...
//...
CheckCMNT:
Thread.Sleep(10) //put it here
If Exists-blahblah
//...
Else
   Thread.Sleep(10) //Or here (before or after the check you do(If Exists), but still within the blocking loop)
   GoTo CheckCMNT
End If

Having some kind of sleep in there (even minimal like above 10msec) should solve the cpu hogging and too much usage problem. Other ones are still there though :)

Well we would, but since you presented it we're trying to help you fix yours!

It's just meant for downloading backups of purchased eshop games right? Basically since your console has to play them it has to be able to download them. So you just use the endpoints like a switch device would to get the file. Kinda like the idea where if a video site has to share a video, whatever drm might be in place ultimately they cant stop you writing it to disk if determined enough since they have to send you the data anyway.

Anyway good to see you did set the User-Agent from the advice of SciresM->
Code:
GetNCA.Headers.Set("User-Agent", "NintendoSDK Firmware/5.0.2-0 (platform:NX; did:" + DID + "; eid:lp1)")

It seems like it would be correct, idk ScriesM has he got it right yet? :)

But Always remember whatever requests you are doing to whatever servers first, ALWAYS masquerade as the client or a client that it expects or you're making your requests stand out from 'normal' ones and kind of giving it away that you're custom clienting! So yea maybe wasn't a big deal at first at least in this particular case, but it's important to have that right!
Thanks for the advice! Username checks out btw :)

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the release Simon. Don't mind the so called "community". At least you do something instead of acting like a real haxor like most of the ppl in here.

I still don't understand the need for these warnings though.. Everything is at your own risk, especially with modifying your hardware.

Reactions: 0x64 and Hondyn

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a shame, you worked really hard to create a product and so many people give you crap about it.

If people don't realize there is a chance they could be banned with this tool, they shouldn't be using CFW. Same goes for literally anything else relating to CFW.

Keep up the work man, hope you're learning a lot by building these tools as well!

This is not the same risk as using CFW. The design of the CDN for Switch changed specifically to address the issues the CDN for 3DS/WiiU had. You are logging into the CDN with your unique client certificate and you download a game not associated with that account. This is an oversight at best and a honey pot at worst.

Also, I invite you to look at his code before you claim he worked "really hard" on it - it's not much more than a gui for hactool. His keysite has already been hacked like 5 times and he still hasn't secured it, it's not hosted offshore but in France on a shared host and it's beyond easy to find his real identity. He was warned multiple times about this as well (by people who know their stuff) but he still ignores it.

You will be banned if you use this tool, if not now, then later (they keep logs). It's nice that he learns how to code, but this is not the area he should start with.

There will always be someone out there whos willing to bring you down. Their lives are miserable so they try to drag others with them so they dont feel alone. People like those can be found anywhere. Ignoring those people is the key to success. they want nothing but to tell you how crap your work is. Keep the good work up simon.

Maybe those people are genuinely concerned about the risks he didn't warn the users about (a mod had to edit his OP again). 50% is way too optimistic. He is a noob making a hacky app about a subject he doesn't understand and he advertises it as "Safe" (at the time I'm writing this it's still in the thread title).

If people that want to warn others who haven't seen the other threads about this are "bringing him down" and are "miserable" in your view, then I guess you have that ban coming. I just hope that most noobs will see the warning and stay away.

Thanks for the release Simon. Don't mind the so called "community". At least you do something instead of acting like a real haxor like most of the ppl in here.

I still don't understand the need for these warnings though.. Everything is at your own risk, especially with modifying your hardware.

The warning is because the ones who know what they are talking about (unlike OP) told him this is beyond risky (on a different scale than just having CFW).

Here is a detailed explaination of the Switch CDN: https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/759myu/the_eshop_and_cdn_explained_switch_edition/

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is not the same risk as using CFW. The design of the CDN for Switch changed specifically to address the issues the CDN for 3DS/WiiU had. You are logging into the CDN with your unique client certificate and you download a game not associated with that account. This is an oversight at best and a honey pot at worst.

Also, I invite you to look at his code before you claim he worked "really hard" on it - it's not much more than a gui for hactool. His keysite has already been hacked like 5 times and he still hasn't secured it, it's not hosted offshore but in France on a shared host and it's beyond easy to find his real identity. He was warned multiple times about this as well (by people who know their stuff) but he still ignores it.

You will be banned if you use this tool, if not now, then later (they keep logs). It's nice that he learns how to code, but this is not the area he should start with.

Maybe those people are genuinely concerned about the risks he didn't warn the users about (a mod had to edit his OP again). 50% is way too optimistic. He is a noob making a hacky app about a subject he doesn't understand and he advertises it as "Safe" (at the time I'm writing this it's still in the thread title).

If people that want to warn others who haven't seen the other threads about this are "bringing him down" and are "miserable" in your view, then I guess you have that ban coming. I just hope that most noobs will see the warning and stay away.

The warning is because the ones who know what they are talking about (unlike OP) told him this is beyond risky (on a different scale than just having CFW).

Here is a detailed explaination of the Switch CDN: https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/759myu/the_eshop_and_cdn_explained_switch_edition/
Not taking the bait.

FahQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my question before I even try is, assuming I get Stardew Valley to download how do I go about getting it on my Switch (is it as easy as placing it in the correct place on the sd)?

I purchased this right when they had an update and I feel like I'm dying because I paid for it and can't have it...

FahQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the whole process is convoluted. It's probably not even worth the risk to download without any way to install it on your switch
I didn't ask about the process of downloading. I asked what it would take to get it running on the Switch. I kinda assume it will download needing the newest fw but idk. Point is, if you are going to answer my question at least answer it...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because you need to install it somehow? And if it wasn't signed for that particular Switch you would need sigpatches.
Isn't that the point of the typing in the device ID and title ID? If it's downloading with my switches ID then why wouldn't it be signed as I own the game but cannot access the eshop without updating (obviously lol).

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
If you create a program, if you upload source code, you will receive praise and criticism. A good programmer/artist will take both, understanding that criticism will help them improve. Someone who has no interest in improving (and never will) will dismiss criticism as "bait". If you want to be taken seriously, please stop driving away the people who are trying to help you. Sure, they could have worded it better, but there's been a fair bit of drama lately and everyone's testosterone is through the roof.

I also started in Visual Basic, so don't mind the "ewww visual basic" comments. It's a good starting point, but there are a few reason you should eventually move to C#, which is more similar to other languages and will help you more down the line.

Being mature and taking criticism as ways to improve (when they are valid things and not "lol ur dumb" or something) is the key to winning internet fights. No one is perfect and everyone starts somewhere. If someone is blatantly trolling, just report their post and ignore it. The mods here are pretty good with trying to keep things civil/ontopic, bless their pool souls.

Thank you for trying to help out, and I hope you strive to improve your code and get better :) Don't let the way people talk get you down or get you angry. Programming is supposed to be fun, don't let it stress you out. Everyone seems to forget that they all wrote bad code/newbie code at some point, no one is born making stellar code.

Last edited by Miqote,

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Isn't that the point of the typing in the device ID and title ID? If it's downloading with my switches ID then why wouldn't it be signed as I own the game but cannot access the eshop without updating (obviously lol).

Nope. It needs your unique client certificate to even talk to the CDN (3DS and WiiU CDN didn't). That means for every transaction, they know exactly which device they are talking to. And you can't spoof that. The device ID is his attempt at emulating the way the Switch talks to the CDN, but he's still not doing it right.

If you create a program, if you upload source code, you will receive praise and criticism. A good programmer/artist will take both, understanding that criticism will help them improve. Someone who has no interest in improving (and never will) will dismiss criticism as "bait". If you want to be taken seriously, please stop driving away the people who are trying to help you. Sure, they could have worded it better, but there's been a fair bit of drama lately and everyone's testosterone is through the roof.

I also started in Visual Basic, so don't mind the "ewww visual basic" comments. It's a good starting point, but there are a few reason you should eventually move to C#, which is more similar to other languages and will help you more down the line.

Being mature and taking criticism as ways to improve (when they are valid things and not "lol ur dumb" or something) is the key to winning internet fights. No one is perfect and everyone starts somewhere. If someone is blatant trolling, just report their post and ignore it. The mods here are pretty good with trying to keep things civil/ontopic, bless their pool souls.

Thank you for trying to help out, and I hope you strive to improve your code and get better :) Don't let the way people talk get you down or get you angry. Programming is supposed to be fun, don't let it stress you out. Everyone seems to forget that they all wrote bad code/newbie code at some point, no one is born making stellar code.

The bad code is not the issue. The issue is that he isn't warning users about the actual risks of this, because he himself doesn't understand it. SciresM and others have told him why this is a bad idea and he still ignores it.

You can't even install and play the games yet. Seriously, stay away if you want to keep playing online. (Also, if your Switch gets banned, this app will stop working for you as well)

Last edited by Uwabami,

FahQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. It needs your unique client certificate to even talk to the CDN (3DS and WiiU CDN didn't). That means for every transaction, they know exactly which device they are talking to. And you can't spoof that. The device ID is is attempt at emulating the way the Switch talks to the CDN, but he's still not doing it right.
Neat. Learned something new again. Was really hoping this was my fix for this game until emuNAND. The level of frustration I feel from owning that shit and not being able to download it... I hate Nintendo sometimes.

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
The bad code is not the issue. The issue is that he isn't warning users about the actual risks of this, because he himself doesn't understand it. SciresM and others have told him why this is a bad idea and he still ignores it.

You can't even install and play the games yet. Seriously, stay away if you want to keep playing online. (Also, if your Switch gets banned, this app will stop working for you as well)

No no, I understand that. I was just addressing his "bait" responses to people talking about his code. I don't know anywhere near enough about the other stuff to comment on it. From my understanding, this would be okay for *only* downloading games you've bought digitally from the eShop, while any other content is likely to get you banned, right? Or does it still do something that the Switch itself doesn't to get you flagged?

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No no, I understand that. I was just addressing his "bait" responses to people talking about his code. I don't know anywhere near enough about the other stuff to comment on it. From my understanding, this would be okay for *only* downloading games you've bought digitally from the eShop, while any other content is likely to get you banned, right? Or does it still do something that the Switch itself doesn't to get you flagged?
Well, downloading titles you didn't buy is obviously way more risky, but if Nintendo starts going through their logfiles and just bans everyone with bogus requests that no actual Switch would make, you're still fucked. And for what? If you really have to pirate there's other ways that are way less risky.

Reactions: ultramario1998

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
https://github.com/simonmkwii/HACDN/issues/1

Really? What is wrong with some people?

Well, downloading titles you didn't buy is obviously way more risky, but if Nintendo starts going through their logfiles and just bans everyone with bogus requests that no actual Switch would make, you're still fucked. And for what? If you really have to pirate there's other ways that are way less risky.

Ah, I gotcha.

Also, can a mod rename the thread to remove the "safely"?

Reactions: dgr1592

softwareengineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yea but a bit back you said: "The design of the CDN for Switch changed specifically to address the issues the CDN for 3DS/WiiU had. You are logging into the CDN with your unique client certificate and you download a game not associated with that account. This is an oversight at best and a honey pot at worst."

Has the design changed to disable downloading titles you don't own or does it actually let you even though you can't actually use it just to ban you later? Could not be an oversight if they already had their sights on it to 'fix' it from 3ds/wii u like you say right? Anyway I don't think it's a good idea to try to do that, and it seems silly that they would since they have the device associated when you make the request so they could easily check if you actually bought it or not and deny the request if you haven't but not ban later. Not doing that sounds kind of like a trap yes.

Also you said: "The device ID is his attempt at emulating the way the Switch talks to the CDN, but he's still not doing it right."
So wait, if that isn't correct then how was it even working? We gotta correct it then so people aren't making bogus requests that look different like you mentioned and ban everyone lol... Gotta blend in, smooth like, to where it looks no different than a console that no log files can tell that it wasn't your console that made the requests! :)

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Why upload the source code of this tool if you can block it easily ?.
Also, it seems that this tool tries to eat the entire (8MB de RAM, CPU 2 Core 41%) . I get this error

not found libmbedcrypto.dll

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yea but a bit back you said: "The design of the CDN for Switch changed specifically to address the issues the CDN for 3DS/WiiU had. You are logging into the CDN with your unique client certificate and you download a game not associated with that account. This is an oversight at best and a honey pot at worst."

Has the design changed to disable downloading titles you don't own or does it actually let you even though you can't actually use it just to ban you later? Could not be an oversight if they already had their sights on it to 'fix' it from 3ds/wii u like you say right? Anyway I don't think it's a good idea to try to do that, and it seems silly that they would since they have the device associated when you make the request so they could easily check if you actually bought it or not and deny the request if you haven't but not ban later. Not doing that sounds kind of like a trap yes.

Also you said: "The device ID is his attempt at emulating the way the Switch talks to the CDN, but he's still not doing it right."
So wait, if that isn't correct then how was it even working? We gotta correct it then so people aren't making bogus requests that look different like you mentioned and ban everyone lol... Gotta blend in, smooth like, to where it looks no different than a console that no log files can tell that it wasn't your console that made the requests! :)

The major change is that for 3DS/WiiU there was a client certificate, but it was shared for all devices. On Switch they are unique for each device. This is why you have to dump yours in order to get this app to work. Your unique certificate is used for all transactions with the CDN - if they ban it, because it is used in ways an actual Switch wouldn't do, this app and your Switch can't connect to the CDN ever again. No more playing online.

Currently they don't cross check purchase history with your device (or maybe they do and entrap people, who knows?), but doing this is incredibly easy.

It's working now because the CDN is not really strict once you have a valid client certificate, but every webserver I know logs the relevant parts by default, so they could go through their logs and ban people retroactively.

And again: you can't install and play those games yet anyways, so you risk getting your device banned for no gain at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/759myu/the_eshop_and_cdn_explained_switch_edition/

Last edited by Uwabami,

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Wait, Servers searching for the keys we have/bought games (or somethings like that infos) but we can still download titles. This means servers cannot detect our firmware version (we are not downloading even with a switch lol) or other important datas, thus we can download titles. (I know maybe e-shop checking firmware but its an only a speculation ^_^)

And my english is ****, sorry for that but u get the idea!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1