h-encore hack for PlayStation Vita 3.65 - 3.68 released by TheFloW

DhAu5gMX4AEX6-c.jpg

PlayStation Vita owners have been waiting with bated breath for Vita scene hacker TheFloW to release his latest exploit: h-encore. This marks the second ever major exploit for the Vita, following the 3.60 Henkaku hack. For the first time, OFW 3.65, 3.67, and 3.68 can be modified to run backups, run homebrew, and more. Adrenaline, which lets users exploit the PSP side of the Vita, has also been updated as of two days ago, to support the latest firmwares.

To use h-encore, you're going to need a PS Vita on firmware 3.65 or above, be linked (though not activated) to a PSN account, and if you're using a OLED Vita, you'll also need a memory card.

Enso can also be installed, but only for those who are on 3.65--there's no current support for Enso on higher firmware. TheFloW's instructions note that this installation is far more complex than previous Henkaku releases, and will require more work to ensure that it works correctly.

Note that the following guide is for advanced users and a bit more complicated than the previous hack that only required you to visit a website. If you don't understand the guide below or how to use these tools, you should neither file an issue here nor annoy me on twitter, but rather seek help on /r/vitahacks (check for duplicated questions first!) or wait for an easy installer.

1. Download and install qcma, psvimgtools and pkg2zip (check the releases section).

2. Download the vulnerable DRM-free demo of bitter smile (yes, that's the user entry point).

3. Download h-encore and extract it on your computer.

4. Extract the demo using:

pkg2zip -x PATH_OF_PKG

This will output the files to app/PCSG90096.

5. Copy the contents of the output app/PCSG90096 to the folder h-encore/app/ux0_temp_game_PCSG90096_app_PCSG90096(such that the files eboot.bin and VITA_PATH.TXT are within the same folder).

6. Copy the license file app/PCSG90096/sce_sys/package/temp.bin to the folder
    h-encore/license/ux0_temp_game_PCSG90096_license_app_PCSG90096 and rename the just pasted file temp.bin to 6488b73b912a753a492e2714e9b38bc7.rif. Again, this file should be in the same folder as VITA_PATH.TXT.

7. Start qcma and within the qcma settings set the option Use this version for updates to FW 0.00 (Always up-to-date).

8. Launch Content Manager on your PS Vita and connect it to your computer, where you then need to select PC -> PS Vita System, and after that you select Applications. If you see an error message about System Software, you should simply reboot your device to solve it. This should create a folder at PS Vita/APP/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on your computer (see qcma settings where this folder is), where the folder xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx represents the AID (account ID) that you need to insert here. If the AID is valid, it will yield a key that you can now use to encrypt the demo.

9. Change directory to the h-encore folder in terminal and use the key to encrypt all folders that are listed below using:

psvimg-create -n X -K YOUR_KEY X PCSG90096/X

Where X is (yes, repeat it 4 times or write a script for that):
    • app
    • appmeta
    • license
    • savedata
    The folder h-encore/PCSG90096 should then contain sce_sys and all 4 folders from above, and within these folders you should find files called X.psvimg and X.psvmd, where X has the same name as the folder. Backup this folder, since if everything has been done correctly, you don't need to redo all the steps to install it onto another device with the same PSN account.

10. Copy the folder h-encore/PCSG90096 to PS Vita/APP/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/PCSG90096 and refresh the database under qcma settings.

11. The h-encore bubble with a size of around 243 MB should now appear in the Content Manager and that's what you finally need to transfer to your PS Vita.

12. Launch h-encore to exploit your device (if a message about trophies appears, simply click yes). The screen should first flash white, then purple, and finally open a menu called h-encore bootstrap menu where you can download VitaShell and install HENkaku.

13. Enjoy. Note that you have to relaunch the exploit everytime you reboot or shutdown your device. Of course if you only put your device into standby mode, you don't need to relaunch.

:download: GitHub
:arrow: TheFloW's Twitter
:!: For those on 3.60

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Had a vita on 3.60 two months ago (slim version).
It was great with psp & ps1 games.
But when I got the Switch, a choice had to be made.
I'm glad it's still getting some love!

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
uhh...
Guys I wiped my Vita last night and unlinked my PSN account so my official account won't get banned. I'm on 3.65 but do I have to update now to 3.68 and lose the option for permanent CFW?? I can't link a PSN account now because it's forcing me to update ;__;

Fireminer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So this is what I type in CMD:

"C:\Users\Administrator>D:/Games/Programs/h-encore/psvimg-create -n app -K 7b756b
75a7596bc5377567095c6c457df768a47def41706d407a91c96eeb3829 app PCSG90096/app
cannot open app
created PCSG90096/app/app.psvimg (size: 20, content size: 0)
created PCSG90096/app/app.psvmd"

Anyone knows what is wrong here? I can't find the 4 folders that should had been in the same folder as sce_syx

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhh...
Guys I wiped my Vita last night and unlinked my PSN account so my official account won't get banned. I'm on 3.65 but do I have to update now to 3.68 and lose the option for permanent CFW?? I can't link a PSN account now because it's forcing me to update ;__;
No. Go into your settings and follow the instructions HERE. I had the same problem but if the system doesn't see an update available it will allow you to sign in to PSN. I had to do that myself due to a fully dead battery.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
90096/app/app.psvimg (s
No. Go into your settings and follow the instructions HERE. I had the same problem but if the system doesn't see an update available it will allow you to sign in to PSN. I had to do that myself due to a fully dead battery.

Dude.... (or dudette) Thank you!! I thought I was really hosed there....thank you so much!

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick Question, I would like to install this on my psvita. Currently I have a 16Gb Memory with games on it and my PSN account that I use on both my Vita and my Ps4. If I do this will I lose my access to my PSN games? Or can I do this and be careful with when I enter PSN and not get banned or my account blocked.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question, I would like to install this on my psvita. Currently I have a 16Gb Memory with games on it and my PSN account that I use on both my Vita and my Ps4. If I do this will I lose my access to my PSN games? Or can I do this and be careful with when I enter PSN and not get banned or my account blocked.

I just played it safe and completely unlinked my account. Created a new hacking account for H-Encore. I've spent WAY to much money from PS3 & PS4 purchases to lose it. Sony may have not issued bans yet because there was a small majority who was lucky enough to be on outdated firmware. Now that every Vita has the ability to be exploited, Sony may decide to "act out" in a few weeks...or best case scenario they literally do not care..?

Remember Sony didn't care about PS3 hacking? Then after modded consoles were going on Black Ops II they immediately threw the ban hammer. Since there has been no reports of Sony PSN banning (IP bans have been reported) we don't know what triggers a potential ban or if they are keeping logs of everyone who has ever used a modded vita on HenHaku

TLDR; If you use your legitimate account, you're at the mercy of Sony now and in the future.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a switch that's still in its packaging.
Gathering dust cus there's no good games for it.
mario odyssey?
Breath of the wild? (ofc you can get it on wii u)

I bet you wait for Pokemon Let's Go, right? that or SSBU

Reactions: Pickle_Rick

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
mario odyssey?
Breath of the wild? (ofc you can get it on wii u)

I bet you wait for Pokemon Let's Go, right? that or SSBU

No, Wii U is gathering dust, 3DS is gathering dust.
Nintendo doesn't produce good games anymore.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
im so confused please help .. not messed with CMD much before ?? trying my hardest to stay sane !! using windows 7
can anyone fill me in the steps been at this for a hour now
my son dying to have his vita hacked ,,,

English please...now..what step are you stuck on?

mgs2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude.... (or dudette) Thank you!! I thought I was really hosed there....thank you so much!

Were you able to sign-in using the DNS? I've been trying to do it for the last hour or so. Only an error appears whenever I try to sign in to PSN (An error has occurred C0-14351-4). Thank you

Last edited by mgs2,
Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Fireminer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I followed the instruction, yet I always get the PCSG90096 in 996Mb instead of 243Mb as it is supposed to. What have I done wrong?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
English please...now..what step are you stuck on?
That was English ! LOL im stuck on it all i downloaded all the stuff it asked for ... i have it all in a folder h-encore .. but i am completely confused what to do next i have CMD on my laptop but i dont understand it at all nor do i know what command prompts to use ...
i gather i start with
C:/Users/Dan/Desktop/h-encore/
or am i wrong? i just dont get what i do at all...

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Were you able to get this to work? I've been trying to do it for the last hour or so. Only an error appears whenever I try to sign in to PSN (An error has occurred C0-14351-4)

Yes this worked perfectly. Make sure you do the DNS setting changes then fully sign in to your account. Once you do this QCMA will immediately recognize the vita

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto