h-encore 2.0 released for the PS Vita

index.jpeg

TheFlow has just released a new version of his PS Vita homebrew enabler, h-encore.

A few highlights of the new release are the ability to bypass and auto-exit the bootstrap menu, automatically spoofing the firmware version as 3.70 and a way to personalize the save data to get rid of the trophy warning.

The full changelog is available below:
Changelog h-encore 2.0:
  • Added ability to auto-exit and bypass the bootstrap menu. You can force launching the bootstrap menu by holding R while launching h-encore).
  • Added ability to personalize the savedata in order to get rid of the trophy warning.
  • Added confirmation dialog for Reset taiHEN config.txt option.
  • Updated default spoof version to 3.70.
  • Updated kernel ROP chain to use fewer and better gadgets.

If you already have h-encore installed, you can update using the officially provided guide:
Updating to h-encore 2.0 You can update h-encore by following this installation guide, or following these steps (h-encore must already be installed).

1. Download h-encore's system.dat.
  2. Enable Unsafe Homebrews under HENkaku Settings in the Settings application to grant VitaShell full permission.
  3. Launch VitaShell and navigate to ux0:user/00/savedata/.
  4. Press triangle on the folder PCSG90096 and select Open decrypted (you should NOT see the folder sce_pfs within this folder when opened decrypted).
  5. Copy the downloaded system.dat to ux0:user/00/savedata/PCSG90096/system.dat.
  6. Launch h-encore while holding R and select Install HENkaku in the bootstrap menu.
  7. Done.

Download links are available in the sources below.

UPDATE: If you were getting an error 0x80871007 while installing PKGs an hotfix was released to address the issue. (Source)

:arrow: Source

Last edited by RattletraPM,

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
will this bring back the henkaku settings?
I have enso 3.65, but i have no henkaku menu to get the overclocking working.

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had downloaded the "system.dat" file via the Vita web browser (to update h-encore). Upon replacing the previous system.dat file in Vitashell, it broke h-encore, where it launches the Bitter Smile demo instead. So keep in mind, those who wish to update h-encore, you'll *likely* have to go through the whole installation process again like me, though using Final h-encore v1.71 is still pretty quick.

EDIT - BTW, noticed Adrenaline has been updated to 6.8 (didn't see a thread about it). Anyone know if you will be able to update through the network at some point through Adrenaline itself? I tried in both the Vita and PSTV, but neither showed the new update available.

Last edited by blahkamehameha,

reddragon105

Trophies
XP
Country
I had downloaded the "system.dat" file via the Vita web browser (to update h-encore). Upon replacing the previous system.dat file in Vitashell, it broke h-encore, where it launches the Bitter Smile demo instead. So keep in mind, those who wish to update h-encore, you'll *likely* have to go through the whole installation process again like me, though using Final h-encore v1.71 is still pretty quick.

EDIT - BTW, noticed Adrenaline has been updated to 6.8 (didn't see a thread about it). Anyone know if you will be able to update through the network at some point through Adrenaline itself? I tried in both the Vita and PSTV, but neither showed the new update available.
Updating worked fine for me - are you sure you followed all the steps correctly, including 'open decrypted'?

Last edited by reddragon105,

zeroviral

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Guys I have this problem, I have followed the instructions carefully but it launched the demo itself. I backed up the old system.dat before replacing, however when I copied the old one, h-encore errored so I didn't think too much about it. The problem now is I had to restart my Vita since it hanged while playing a PSX game(ff9) haven't switched to Adrenaline 6.8, now the h-encore won't work and just show the error with the report function. Any one can help? My laptop's busted so I can't copy the files in it nor can I copy the one on my other Mem Card.

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I have this problem, I have followed the instructions carefully but it launched the demo itself. I backed up the old system.dat before replacing, however when I copied the old one, h-encore errored so I didn't think too much about it. The problem now is I had to restart my Vita since it hanged while playing a PSX game(ff9) haven't switched to Adrenaline 6.8, now the h-encore won't work and just show the error with the report function. Any one can help? My laptop's busted so I can't copy the files in it nor can I copy the one on my other Mem Card.
As stated in one of my above posts, that's pretty much what happened to me. I just had to re-install h-encore to fix it, using Final h-encore v1.71 and QMCA. That should fix your issue as well, once you get access again to a computer.

zeroviral

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
As stated in one of my above posts, that's pretty much what happened to me. I just had to re-install h-encore to fix it, using Final h-encore v1.71 and QMCA. That should fix your issue as well, once you get access again to a computer.
That is gonna be my biggest problem though. Busted Laptop and No PC. The biggest issue is that nothing could detect my Vita via USB anymore and since 6.70 is the lates firmware I can't connect vja wi-fi too using QCMA. It keeps asking me to update, darn it. I have a few cartridge so I may be able to downgrade to 3.60 using modoru but with what happened, I don't wanna take chances for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so...