h-encore 2.0 released for the PS Vita

index.jpeg

TheFlow has just released a new version of his PS Vita homebrew enabler, h-encore.

A few highlights of the new release are the ability to bypass and auto-exit the bootstrap menu, automatically spoofing the firmware version as 3.70 and a way to personalize the save data to get rid of the trophy warning.

The full changelog is available below:
Changelog h-encore 2.0:
  • Added ability to auto-exit and bypass the bootstrap menu. You can force launching the bootstrap menu by holding R while launching h-encore).
  • Added ability to personalize the savedata in order to get rid of the trophy warning.
  • Added confirmation dialog for Reset taiHEN config.txt option.
  • Updated default spoof version to 3.70.
  • Updated kernel ROP chain to use fewer and better gadgets.

If you already have h-encore installed, you can update using the officially provided guide:
Updating to h-encore 2.0 You can update h-encore by following this installation guide, or following these steps (h-encore must already be installed).

1. Download h-encore's system.dat.
  2. Enable Unsafe Homebrews under HENkaku Settings in the Settings application to grant VitaShell full permission.
  3. Launch VitaShell and navigate to ux0:user/00/savedata/.
  4. Press triangle on the folder PCSG90096 and select Open decrypted (you should NOT see the folder sce_pfs within this folder when opened decrypted).
  5. Copy the downloaded system.dat to ux0:user/00/savedata/PCSG90096/system.dat.
  6. Launch h-encore while holding R and select Install HENkaku in the bootstrap menu.
  7. Done.

Download links are available in the sources below.

UPDATE: If you were getting an error 0x80871007 while installing PKGs an hotfix was released to address the issue. (Source)

:arrow: Source

Last edited by RattletraPM,

Aldoria

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i'm not much into the ps vita scene but does that mean it works for 3.70 ? (just to know, i'm on 3.60)

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i'm not much into the ps vita scene but does that mean it works for 3.70 ? (just to know, i'm on 3.60)
It is only till 3.65 till 3.68

acording to this
https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/h-encore

and this

I am using the original h-encore with a "throphy warning fix" from vita.hacks.guide.
I dont see why to update. Am occupied with the Switch atm anyway.

Reactions: THYPLEX

Aldoria

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: CallmeBerto

Cyberfalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I safetly updated but I can't install vpk. I tried to update pkgj and I got this error "0x80871007".
Anyone know how to fix it?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
$ONY just announced the end production of psvita's Japan, the end is very close.

Guess psvita is probably their last handheld :P

I really hope so.

When that lame brand owner created the PSP, most of the buyers thought it was a great idea to play PSX/PSOne on the road in a portable console.
When they created PS Vita, they forgot the best part of a console: The games. Most officially released PS Vita games are crap or ported crap, the good ones are from indie devs.

I've got two Vita's by now, one on 3.65 Ensö, and one on 3.60 unhacked. The best days of the Vita are to come, when that lame brand owner release the last OFW update for it. Then the scene devs will be free (if not enough yet) to create even more good apps and games.

This console is great, not thanks to that lame brand owner, but the scene devs.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I really hope so.

When that lame brand owner created the PSP, most of the buyers thought it was a great idea to play PSX/PSOne on the road in a portable console.
When they created PS Vita, they forgot the best part of a console: The games. Most officially released PS Vita games are crap or ported crap, the good ones are from indie devs.

I've got two Vita's by now, one on 3.65 Ensö, and one on 3.60 unhacked. The best days of the Vita are to come, when that lame brand owner release the last OFW update for it. Then the scene devs will be free (if not enough yet) to create even more good apps and games.

This console is great, not thanks to that lame brand owner, but the scene devs.
Some games are really nice. Gravity Rush being my favourite of them. Fortunately, it got ported to the PS4 + the sequel, so at least they didn't just kill the game.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I cocked up with my update, and didn't realize for half a day.
I updated correctly... but on my sd2vita, not on my memory card (where it's required to work from turning the system on).
I only noticed because the system wasn't auto exiting from the h-encore menu when triggering.
To fix it I thought I could just copy the system.dat from the location on my sd2vita to the matching location on my memcard, but launching the h-encore bubble just starts the Bitter Smile demo... I may have forgotten to 'open decrypted' when copy/pasting the dat.

As I now can't access vitashell, or trigger the sploit, I guess I'll have to go through the full install procedure to get me back to where I was ...unless anyone has any advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1