Hacking Guitar Hero 5

y2kss66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laurenlee653 said:
So just to clear this up, none of these options work for a basic soft modded wii correct? Only on USB loaders?
That is not true follow these steps and it will work with basic softmod:

To play on a burned disc:
Install this wad.
http://rapidshare.com/files/27283868...v5146.wad.html

Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272876067/multicios.zip

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272875815/SoftChip.zip

Turn it up to 11 and rock out!
Thanks to Inferior_Design for this Tutorial.

Inferior_Design

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
y2kss66 said:
laurenlee653 said:
So just to clear this up, none of these options work for a basic soft modded wii correct? Only on USB loaders?
That is not true follow these steps and it will work with basic softmod:

To play on a burned disc:
Install this wad.
http://rapidshare.com/files/27283868...v5146.wad.html

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.

Thanks to Inferior_Design for this Tutorial.

I'm happy that I pointed you in the right direction, but according to the post that I originally quoted uljoe wrote the guide, so i can't take any credit for it.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I am having some massive problems with the game when playing, a lot of songs stutter or go completely out so the audio track is completely out of line with what you are supposed to play. I have noticed this on at least 1 song in the first 3 sets, even 3 songs in the first set had this problem, could it be my drive? I am using an external Maxtor 200GB 3.5 inch IDE drive that I have had for a few years, should I swap to my other external which is a Toshiba 320GB laptop drive? Configurable Loader won't save the IOS settings to my SD card for some reason, am I supposed to create a special file in order to do so? Cause I read in one of the guides for installing IOS 223 with 37/36 merged that some text file you would have to write in a line to get the game to save the settings but I am not sure where this file exists.

timebandit

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can confirm GH5 working. This I what I needed to do for it to work. Otherwice I got a black screen.

Firmware 3.2E PAL. (PAL Unit).
USBLoader GX rev 710.
CIOS rev12.
Set the game to use IOS 223.
Installed Hermes CIOS 223 with IOS37 merged with 36.
D2Pro older scip.

ATRochie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let everyone know I got this game working with USB Loader GX took me 5 mins, heres my settings,

USB Loader GX rev717, CIOS249 rev 14, 4.1 NTSC-U,

transferred game to ext drive via WBFS manager

ran the hermes (223 merged 36 and 37)

Open GX, go to guitar hero 5, then settings, choose 223

002 fix is on, but i keep this setting as global for ALL my games anyway

And it runs with no problems! I played 5 songs with no problems or glitches

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
magicwii411 said:
Okay, I finally got this crap working! So, here is my tutorial:

Install Hermes as Page 7 will tell you all about.

So, if it still doesn't work, use the DOP-IOS program. Select each of your IOS's that do not say stub and update them if needed except for IOS 36. Skip the hash thing, it's just the trucha patch. Go smoke some hash instead, you'll need it to get this crap working. Skip over any of the stub ones, really important. Okay, so you've got them all updated and you kept skipping that hash check... eventually you're done. Then, run the Trucha Bug Restorer, select IOS 249 to install with. Then have it do your IOS 36 and have it get the latest version. Go smoke some more hash. Now, go get the latest USB Loader - 717. Not the version on your HDD. I was using 714 after doing the above and it didn't work. See what saying you have the latest version does, eh? So select Hermes 223, Block IOS Reload and Fix 002 On, launch, and OMG it launches. Nifty.

Hope this saved some of you from staying up to 5am.

You were the one having the same problem as me right? Sorry I stopped responding, I went to bed.

I haven't ran DOP-IOS yet, but from what you've said (and I need someone to confirm this please and thanks),

I've already got Hermes 222,223 installed with 37 & 36 merged on 223.

Run DOP-IOS, It will show me all of my IOS's. Some will say stub, and some will not say stub. The one's that DON'Tsay stub, I need to update them if there is an update available (all of the IOS's from IOS1, IOS2, IOS3.... stop at IOS36, and without stub). Then when it asks for a hash check I say no.

Now I need to run Trucha Bug Restorer, use IOS 249 for it. Then have it select IOS 36 (and this will update it to the latest version & trucha patch it?)

Now go to USB Loader GX, update it, and have the settings selected as Hermes 223, Block IOS Reload, Fix 002 On. And it should work.

Thanks to anyone that responds.

sray2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so frustrating.....
I have done everything everyone has done and I still get the stupid ass black screen !!!!!

I don't what else to try !! Loading with Softchip at 222 or 223 does not work..and ys I have fix enabled and fake ios enabled !!!!

!!!!!!!!!

BTW, There is no Ios 232 when you use Hermes 222/223 installation !

buvk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
spark32 said:
buvk said:
spark32 said:
buvk said:
for those of you having problems getting it working
i installed cios223 merge ios 37 w/6 and was still getting blackscreen
i updated ios56, same deal
i then remembered that i had used ios downgrader to downgrade like everything up to ios36, so i used dop ios to upgrade everything to the latest version, and then trucha/esidentify patched ios36
after that, it worked

What firmware are you on? And can you tell me how to do what you did after the ios 37 w/6 & ios56?

using DOP IOS, I manually upgraded (didn't patch) all IOS's up to IOS36 (nothing past this IOS), IOS36 I updated to the latest version, trucha patched and ES Identify patched... if you try DOP IOS youll know what i mean

So did you upgrade like IOS01, IOS02, IOS03.... IOS36?

yes pretty much

Sgtcrazyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Farmhousemedia said:
uljoe said:
I've got it to work through a disc loader.

Install this wad.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

I can confirm that this works for DISC loading!

For Multicios, Install 37 with 37 as IOS 232. IF you get an error, try again. I got 2 errors before it worked.

Softmod WON'T read the disc unless you have IOS 232 selected, and yes enable the 002 fix.

THANKS ULJOE!

I got this to work but my Guitar Hero guitar isn't responding, is there a stronger rev for this?

magicwii411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spark - yes, I was a little delusional by the time I got it working, so my post wasn't exactly what we were asking for, LOL.

Launch DOP-IOS - I had it from the original installation of the SoftMod. Open it, and you see a IOS to select. Move it all the way to the left. Some of the IOS will say "stub" - I read that those ones you do NOT want to mess with. The others will show you which version you are on, which version is latest, and the original version. I had to update (I believe) eight IOS's. I did not do IOS 36 because Trucha Bug Restorer can do that, and I just didn't want to risk it. You might be able to just run a IOS 36 update from DOP-IOS and then say yes to the hash check. To confirm, I did not hash check any of the other IOS's. I read the only two that need them are IOS 36 and IOS 60. If you do the Trucha Bug Restorer route, just follow directions from any website or video that shows you how to use it.

After all that is done, get the latest USB Loader GX (717 is what downloaded for me from the update server - if you had it as a WAD, there is a procedure for that on the USB Loader GX website that is super easy). I reinstalled Hermes at this point, but don't know if it was necessary. I thought it would be better to merge the newer IOS's. And then, just make sure you have it load off that Hermes 223 IOS once you're in USB Loader GX with 002 Fix on, and I had selected Block IOS Reload but not sure if I needed that.

Worked like a charm, loading right off of USB Loader GX, but I was worried at first because I didn't know if modifying all these IOS's was dangerous. I guess updating them doesn't hurt.

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
magicwii411 said:
Spark - yes, I was a little delusional by the time I got it working, so my post wasn't exactly what we were asking for, LOL.

Launch DOP-IOS - I had it from the original installation of the SoftMod. Open it, and you see a IOS to select. Move it all the way to the left. Some of the IOS will say "stub" - I read that those ones you do NOT want to mess with. The others will show you which version you are on, which version is latest, and the original version. I had to update (I believe) eight IOS's. I did not do IOS 36 because Trucha Bug Restorer can do that, and I just didn't want to risk it. You might be able to just run a IOS 36 update from DOP-IOS and then say yes to the hash check. To confirm, I did not hash check any of the other IOS's. I read the only two that need them are IOS 36 and IOS 60. If you do the Trucha Bug Restorer route, just follow directions from any website or video that shows you how to use it.

After all that is done, get the latest USB Loader GX (717 is what downloaded for me from the update server - if you had it as a WAD, there is a procedure for that on the USB Loader GX website that is super easy). I reinstalled Hermes at this point, but don't know if it was necessary. I thought it would be better to merge the newer IOS's. And then, just make sure you have it load off that Hermes 223 IOS once you're in USB Loader GX with 002 Fix on, and I had selected Block IOS Reload but not sure if I needed that.

Worked like a charm, loading right off of USB Loader GX, but I was worried at first because I didn't know if modifying all these IOS's was dangerous. I guess updating them doesn't hurt.

Alright you just seemed to have answered everything I just came back to ask. I have 15 IOS's to update (not including IOS36). So I'm guessing that my Wii is really outdated and this should really help. I'm going to install all the IOS's up to IOS36 (but not including IOS36, and no stubs).

Then if my Wii turns on, my stomach can finally be at ease that there was no brick.

Then I'll come back and you can encourage me that I need to update IOS36, and use the Trucha Bug Restorer to do so. Off to DOP some IOS's.

magicwii411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be safe, if you have BootMii installed as boot2, just have it dump your current NAND before you proceed. That way if there IS any issue you can always restore it right back. But if you don't have it installed as boot2, I think you'll be safe. I don't know if this method works with CIOSCORP installed, but from what I read the newest CIOSCORP uses the newer IOS's, too.

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
magicwii411 said:
Just to be safe, if you have BootMii installed as boot2, just have it dump your current NAND before you proceed. That way if there IS any issue you can always restore it right back. But if you don't have it installed as boot2, I think you'll be safe. I don't know if this method works with CIOSCORP installed, but from what I read the newest CIOSCORP uses the newer IOS's, too.

But I already proceeded. The last IOS is installing (IOS35).

My Wii still works though =). Now I have 2 options. I can make a Backup of my NAND before I use the Trucha Bug Restorer to Update and patch IOS36 (but I don't have BootMii installed at all, I have Starfall, that's it), or I can run Trucha Bug Restorer without a NAND backup.

Since I don't have BootMii or anything like that, what should I do before I update IOS36 in Trucha Bug Restorer?

Edit:
buvkusing DOP IOS, I manually upgraded (didn't patch) all IOS's up to IOS36 (nothing past this IOS), IOS36 I updated to the latest version, trucha patched and ES Identify patched... if you try DOP IOS youll know what i mean
That will in reality do the same thing as well won't it? But if Trucha Bug Restorer will be more reliable, I'll stick with it.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very frustrating. The multicios installer absolutely refuses to install 232. There's nothing I can do to make it work. Some people reported 2 or 3 errors with the installer but I've gotten around 15-20 and still no successful runs. Any other way to install 232?

Bazmondo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grentuu said:
Installed custom cios using hermes

Installed 223 with merged 36 /37

Loaded with uloader first time

Also works with config loader, haven't tried any others

Just did this which sorted out my black screen...yipee!!

Cant remember exactly what i did before as been fidlin all day but here goes and if anyone needs me to explain further please let me know.

Was using wananko 1.5 and couldn't get ghostbusters or guitar 5 working so downloaded the configurable usb loader.

I then installed the xxx56. wad (the wad they were talking about in page 1/2 of this post) and manually installed it through wad manager. I then installed the hermes thingy 222/223 and followed some guys installation of them. all the merging stuff. Then i realised i was still on rev 10 so i installed rev 14. I put my 320 passport storage in the bottom usb ( my wii is flat down i.e the power light at bottom left).

Changed the error 002 fix to on in the loader menu and after doing the above mergy stuff wholla!! it worked....

i didn't do any of that trucha stuff (not sure what that is even) and I have a UK pal on 3.2 that is softmodded with the zelda deal.

Hope this helps anyone and sorry for the lack of proper walthrough/tech details.

All i need now is to figure out how to get the usb loader as a channel on the main screen. i always forget that bit..lol

cheers

Baz

scizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
after reburning the game i still get the same error with softchip. i cant do usb loader i got no empty harddisc anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol