Hacking Guitar Hero 5

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!

I didn't install the IOS36 with trucha bug restorer, I just went to USB Loader with those settings, and bam it worked. THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!

magicwii411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, so I've got a new issue believe it or not. Although I got it to work last night, I've only been able to have it open twice today, and once it froze up on me on some "Mii" screen. 10 other times, black screen. I tried reinstalling Hermes, both v2 and v3, and tried different settings in USB Loader... same thing.

Great. Guess this one just works when it wants to.

karl1295

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got 4.1 E wii
got cios corp 3.3
rev 14 ...
got hermes 222/223
what to do? got black screen
launching with that launcher .. r7

Drnick

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine also now working, No more black screen, although I do have a modchip installed.

D2Sun Chip
4.0E

I installed the wad file as advised, ran the ISO through Brickblocker and burned a new copy lo and behold no need for loader or anything, it just ran from the channel as it should. I am so glad I got a proper chip rather then the softmodding, I can live with having to run the game from disk.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah....

4.1 U
Rev 14
cIOS 222/223
USBLoader GX (newest) 002 fix on
installed that .wad

Black Screen.....

Why is this working for SOME people but not others?!

choptop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i got the game to finally load with USB Loader and by 36/37 IOS and install as 223, but now my problem is that my NYKO Frontman guitar doesn't work for the game. Anyone else that has one of these guitars having the same problem?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Also get the black screen with LoaderGX (715).

have installed 222 and 223 (36/37) and turned 002 on in GX but still no dice
frown.gif

PopeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
choptop said:
So i got the game to finally load with USB Loader and by 36/37 IOS and install as 223, but now my problem is that my NYKO Frontman guitar doesn't work for the game. Anyone else that has one of these guitars having the same problem?
Yes, I am having the exact same problem.
frown.gif

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
4.1E
222/223 Installed (merged IOS 36/37)
249 rev14
Launching through USB Loader GX

Black screen...

It seems that some of us here managed to get it working with the same exact configuration... What could be wrong?

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still trying to work through this... When I was trying the Dop-IOS thing I noticed a few IOS I had were like ridiculously higher rev than what it said was the latest like IOS 14 was one of them. Could this be causing an issue?

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My config ...

4.1 waninkoko
USBLoader GX (r715)
cios hermes 222/223
cios rev 14

I have NO FREEKIN clue if it works, as it is taking forEVER to download
smile.gif
9 more hours (and I'm on fiber connection)

So much for rockin out tonight
frown.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you people using GX actually changing the setting for the game to USE 223? Or are you just installing 223 and simply trying to run it in GX afterward? If the latter, you are still using 249....until you change the setting.

And if it is not working correctly for you in GX, why not try Configurable USB Loader? Remember, you *still* have to change the setting for this game to use cIOS 223 from within the loader to run this game!

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
My config ...

4.1 waninkoko
USBLoader GX (r715)
cios hermes 222/223
cios rev 14

smile.gif

frown.gif

Thanks for the helpful bit. Hopefully everyone that owns a wii, doesnt have the game, and hasn't even tried it can just come randomly post their wii's software set up. That way we can narrow down all the "why the hell are you even posting thens" to one thread.

As for myself. 3.1u, *gx 714, 36/60 @ 222, 36/37 @ 223. No configuration combo works. Tried everything in this thread short of another USB Loader. To lazy to really care that much.

Gwaith

Trophies
Website
www.die2nite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
choptop said:

I have a Datel Vii Guitar , that one works like a charm. I just play the Game via GeckoOS without the ISO being Brickblocked.

I'm on 3.2E with a Wiikey v1

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ossot said:
Kosaic said:
My config ...

4.1 waninkoko
USBLoader GX (r715)
cios hermes 222/223
cios rev 14

smile.gif

frown.gif

Thanks for the helpful bit. Hopefully everyone that owns a wii, doesnt have the game, and hasn't even tried it can just come randomly post their wii's software set up. That way we can narrow down all the "why the hell are you even posting thens" to one thread.

As for myself. 3.1u, *gx 714, 36/60 @ 222, 36/37 @ 223. No configuration combo works. Tried everything in this thread short of another USB Loader. To lazy to really care that much.

Let me be the first to say "sorry" for the fact that you have no funny bone ...

geesh.

Nedfu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was getting black screen too but now it works from backup disc.

- I used multicios and installed 37 as 37 for 232
- ran softchip and chose 232
- enabled 002 fix and fakeios (forget the exact name)

Hellmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I installed Hermes cIOS 222 with IOS 37 merged with 36 and it works fine. Another note, I previously installed the ios56-64-v5146.wad -- not sure if it was needed or not, but just saying that I have indeed installed it. I am on 4.1U and tried both USB Loader GX and the Configurable USB Loader -- they both WORK! Just remember to change the setting to use the 222 IOS.

Not sure why some people aren't getting it working, probably not installing the Hermes IOS correctly (37 merged with 36) or not changing the settings of the USB Loader to use the 222 IOS.

Either way, it's not very difficult to get working.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/YA4kJ6L