Hacking Guitar Hero 5 DLC by Hairyballsagna

Osi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
justmike said:
It all installed and GH 5 still has nothing in the music store...

I can access the Wii Shop via the system menu, but no tracks in GH 5. I'm using a PAL Wii and the NTSC game, does that make a difference? Is there tracks available yet for PAL systems?

EDIT: It might be that the GH 5 Australian store isn't up yet? Anyone in Australia can confirm that their GH 5 store is running via the NTSC game?

I've read somewhere that you need to patch wii shop channel to NTSC region after deleting your "PAL" account of wii shop in order to make taht work.

Well, here it is, from HairyBallsagna himself (found on TPB):

FOR PAL USERS FOLLOW THIS GUIDE

1. Delete your Account in the Wii Shop Channel
2. Using Any Region Changer, change your Wii Shop Code to U.S.
3. Load up the shop channel at least once
4. Proceed to install the hack

I'm curently on Wii PAL 4.1 but i'll try that in the next days, after updating to 4.2 (through waninkoko's updater, i guess it's the safest way ?).
I need to read more about that before making a mistake and beeing stuck
tongue.gif

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, I dunno why you would update to 4.2 just yet.

I'm just gonna give up lol, maybe one day there will be a usb way, i might follow the others dudes method.

pinol01

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I managed to dl some songs to the sd and play them just fine, the problem is that when I play any song it saves a copy on the wii memory. So, after playing 3-4 songs my wii memmory is full and says that I need to delete something, besides for some reason I can't delete the songs from the rock archive, i need to exit the game and delete them from the data management screen.
Is there any way to do it so the songs don't get copied to the wii? cause i remember reading somewhere that GH5 could play the songs directly from the SD

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Still no PAL version, and I would assume there never will be. No one would work on a medium not many people are using.

Running the game by USB Loader will create the problem you're experiencing. USB Loaders have trouble with the SD card function that GH 5 uses or any GH for that matter.

pinol01

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I tried with the disc channel but I get a message that the song is out of date and try to download it again, but I get error 204036 if I do
frown.gif

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Under what IOS should I be using in Wad Manager to install the GH5 content.wad?

it seems like after uninstalling the GH5 content.wad and GHWT NTSC REV1.wad is giving me a constant error when I attempt to play online or connect to the music store with the error 204036.

Can anyone help me please??

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone upload their folder? The folder that I want is located at private/wii/data/SYOE which is located in your SD card. Please upload only if you have the GHWT Update V1 or if you have both updates. Please PM me the link, thanks in advance!

If you have V1 update and cannot acquire the GHWT V2 Update, then I can assist you.

shaddix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having the problem with v2 not downloading, giving me "no content requires this" while at the same time having the GHWT songs greyed out when you try to play them. But it is now downloading v2 after i booted into GHWT and downloaded fat bottomed girls to the wii memory(gave me an error when i tried to put on SD). But that doesn't let you play the songs in-game apparently. I have both of the GHWT updates installed and still cannot play any of the songs, keeps telling me to download the update.

why does fat bottomed girls work but nothing else? and it's not letting me download the v2 update anymore, i don't understand what is going on oh well screw it!

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stumped.

I have a wiikey1 for disc loading, and use usbloadergx for usb loading.

I have a virgin ios56. Game works fine via disc, but dlc results in 204036 error.

Using usbloader, I run the game with hermes v4 cios38+37. Game works fine, and dlc downloads fine, with the exception of the sd issue. I installed hairyballsagna's gh5 and ghwt wads, so everything is downloadable. GH5 dlc works fine, but ghwt ones tell me I need the update.

I download the update, but still no dice. This is via usbloadergx. Note again I get 204036 if I use the disc. Would cios56 fix that?

FWIW, today, I used anytitledeleter and killed my gh5 and ghwt gamesaves. I used wadmanager to uninstall 1up title rev1. Do I really need to uninstall it multiple times if I've used 1up to install it in the past each time I installed a song?

Also, I started with a fresh private folder on my sd. Pretty much started anew.

Wii is on 4.2u. Running ntsc gh5.

enkulka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I have found another fix.

I was having the 204036 error with GH5I looked around and found that there is another way to get the DLC.
Using the first step of this other way I was able to fix my problem using hairys.

I downloaded:

http://rapidshare.com/files/280564366/cIOSCORP_v3.4_dmm.zip

I then followed the instructions to install the main cios.

after this I lodade up GH5 and did not recieve the error anymore.

Hope this helps

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enkulka said:
I think I have found another fix.

I was having the 204036 error with GH5I looked around and found that there is another way to get the DLC.
Using the first step of this other way I was able to fix my problem using hairys.

I downloaded:

http://rapidshare.com/files/280564366/cIOSCORP_v3.4_dmm.zip

I then followed the instructions to install the main cios.

after this I lodade up GH5 and did not recieve the error anymore.

Hope this helps

Take that cioscorp link down...it contains illegal content

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet. usbloadergx does hermes v5 now.

trying band hero at the moment and it looks like the sd/nand glitch is resolved! haven't played anything yet, but moved a song from nand to sd successfully, and it's no longer on the nand.

way to go hermes!!

now testing ghwt updates to see if ghwt dlc is finally playable in gh5/bh

toynostalgiaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
had this working fine no problem for months

however past few days the music store has been freezing at 'all done'

have nintendo caught on and blocked us out?

anyone else having the same problem?

I am using pal original disc on pal system - never had any issues having all songs ticked and downloading straight onto the card!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV