Hacking Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock.........IOS21-64-v514

zootoxin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys

I am suffering from the black screen of annoyance on GH3.

So I find some information that states I need to use IOS21-64-v514

So I load up modmii and download and intall the lastest IOS21 - 64...

But usb loader gx only uses IOS above 200 and I can't find something like IOS249[21]

soooooo...........

how do I get GH3 working with usb loader gx?

thanks

zoot

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try using Hermes cIOS V4 or v5.1r both are available from modmii. I launch all my guiitar hero and rock band games this way with no problems.

EDIT I am using Configurable USB Loader instead of GX but it should still work the same.

zootoxin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try using Hermes cIOS V4 or v5.1r both are available from modmii. I launch all my guiitar hero and rock band games this way with no problems.

EDIT I am using Configurable USB Loader instead of GX but it should still work the same.

Which slot do you have it installed to?

zootoxin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
start ModMii classic, from the main menu type "4" then "rec" then "d" then "y", then install those WADs using your favourite WAD manager. Then try loading the game using 249, if that doesn't work try 223, if that doesn't work report back here

When in the wad manager which IOS should I be installing these wads to? sorry if thats an obvious question

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u should load any patched IOS, so try 236/249/250

if none of them work, let us know and we'll give u instructions on using IOS236 Installer Mod (doesn't require any user input so won't require wiimotes)... this requires v1.07+ of the HBC though, so if u don't have that then we'll have to talk about upgrading your HBC or using cboot2

zootoxin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So just to be clear.
I download all the rec IOS from modmii.
Then
Install one downloaded IOS to (for example) 249
Load USB Loader
Test.
Repeat until working?

or install all rec IOS to 249 - test ?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
download all recommended cIOSs

start MMM

*go to the very last option in the list and reload to 236

back at the MMM menu, start the WAD manager and install the recommended cIOSs

if it fails go back to the *previous step and choose 249 or 250.

if they fail too, report back

edit: just realized I got your case mixed up with someone else who couldn't use their wiimotes. If you can't follow the above instructions either use ModMii's syscheck updater or ModMii Wizard to update your softmods

open the folder where ModMii.exe is saved, right click and make a new text document, rename it from "New Text Document.txt" to "whatever.bat". Then open it using notepad and copy\paste the following text into it, save it, close it, then double click whatever.bat. It will download everything to update your HBC, install IOS236, and install the recommended cIOSs as well as generate a custom guide for you to follow

Code:
ModMii.exe W 4.1 E Min HBC REC 236 CMIOS:D UIOS:D FWD:D

Note, in this case it doesn't matter that the guide was generated for 4.1E, the steps will be the same for all system menus (except for the exploit, but you can just skip the exploit and load the hackmii installer directly from your existing homebrew channel, which is indicated in the guide anyways)

Also, note that there is more you can do to update your softmod, for example if u don't have priiloader installed, you should just run the ModMii Wizard and tell it your Wii has never been modified before and follow that guide instead.

zootoxin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
download all recommended cIOSs

start MMM

*go to the very last option in the list and reload to 236

back at the MMM menu, start the WAD manager and install the recommended cIOSs

if it fails go back to the *previous step and choose 249 or 250.

if they fail too, report back

edit: just realized I got your case mixed up with someone else who couldn't use their wiimotes. If you can't follow the above instructions either use ModMii's syscheck updater or ModMii Wizard to update your softmods

open the folder where ModMii.exe is saved, right click and make a new text document, rename it from "New Text Document.txt" to "whatever.bat". Then open it using notepad and copy\paste the following text into it, save it, close it, then double click whatever.bat. It will download everything to update your HBC, install IOS236, and install the recommended cIOSs as well as generate a custom guide for you to follow

Code:
ModMii.exe W 4.1 E Min HBC REC 236 CMIOS:D UIOS:D FWD:D

Note, in this case it doesn't matter that the guide was generated for 4.1E, the steps will be the same for all system menus (except for the exploit, but you can just skip the exploit and load the hackmii installer directly from your existing homebrew channel, which is indicated in the guide anyways)

Also, note that there is more you can do to update your softmod, for example if u don't have priiloader installed, you should just run the ModMii Wizard and tell it your Wii has never been modified before and follow that guide instead.

Hi I re-modded my wii about 2 weeks ago using modmii as a first timer.

Is there a way I can find out whats actually installed on my wii and we can take it from there perhaps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf