Guilty pleasure songs. What do you like that you don't really listen to around other people?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have developed a very solidified personal taste in music, and I usually don't listen things outside of my preferences.

But recently I've been trying to listen more 80s music, which I don't like for the heavy synthetic sound and the stupid lyrics.
Then there's rock, which to me is all frickin noise.

Mix both together and you get Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Aerosmith, Metallica and whatnot.
I still don't like them, but can recognize couple songs that I've heard before as a child.
Cindy Lauper, Abba, The Beatles, Queen, and many more popular bands that I can't quite put my finger at, are also out of my personal taste. Might have couple saved in my phone, but that's more nostalgia than anything else. Like to remember old times, and that music brings memories. So I occasionally hear them for that.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep ICP was the first band I was thinking of my wifey can't stand so I blast while alone. Or any oldschool rap that curse alot, or dog on women, like NWA, Ice Cube, Easy-E.
Post automatically merged:

Might have couple saved in my phone, but that's more nostalgia than anything else. Like to remember old times, and that music brings memories. So I occasionally hear them for that.
I so relate, I hear songs from way back and always remember the movie it was in, or put it to memories of the that time period of things I was doing in life then. Example: whenever I hear a Huey Lewis song, I think of the Back to the Future movies.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I so relate, I hear songs from way back and always remember the movie it was in, or put it to memories of the that time period of things I was doing in life then. Example: whenever I hear a Huey Lewis song, I think of the Back to the Future movies.
It's quite curious, ain't it?
Maybe it's more emotional attachment rather than appreciation for the piece, or maybe it's appreciation because it has meaning.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto