Hacking Question GUIFormat not working. Format with Hekate instead?

SavXL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently in the process of setting up a quadruple boot of Android, Linux, Atmosphère on EmuNAND, and a clean SysNAND on my Switch, and I'm running into a bit of a problem.

I'm at the point where I'm supposed to use GUIFORMAT to format my microsd card to FAT32, but everytime I attempt to start it, it gives me an error: "The request could not be completed due to an I/O error." or something along the lines of that. My microsd card is currently in the exFAT format, and I'm using an adapter on my laptop's built-in SD card reader.

Could I just put the Hekate & Nyx files on my sd card, boot into it on my switch, and then format my sdcard to FAT32 from there? If not, and there's an issue with Hekate and the exFAT file format, is there a different formatting tool I could use that does the job?

I know the SD card reader still works since I'm able to read, write, and format other cards with Windows' formatting tool. So I'm not sure why I'm getting an I/O error. Also, the adapter's not locked, so that's not what's happening either.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

SavXL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your card is not fake? Check with H2testw: https://www.heise.de/ct/Redaktion/bo/downloads/h2testw_1.4.zip

Ok, so, it turns out my adapter actual was write-protecting the sdcard. I just needed to flip the switch up and down a few times to fix it. I've since finished the process and now I have all of my OS' set up. (Also, I bought the card new off of Amazon from Lexar, and I've run that test to make sure it wasn't fake before I did any of this.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-