[GUIDE] The Ultimate Noob PS Vita/PSTV Hacking Guide (Check here first!)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Voxel, Nov 14, 2015.

1. DarkCoffe64

DarkCoffe64 Bo

Mar 30, 2011
    Italy
    Arcadia
    I'm an idiot

Last edited by DarkCoffe64, May 30, 2019 - Reason: I eventually did update the dang thing 'cus of file locations
  2. Ericlered

Ericlered Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hello, I have imported a new slim Vita from Japan. It's on 3.63. Is this guide still ok to use, or is there a btter one?

https://vita.hacks.guide/updating-firmware-(ps-vita-3.65-and-3.68)

When I connect the Vita to my windows laptopn via usb it says I can't connect to PC, it then asks if I have CMA installed on my PC, is this somethign that I need to install before it will connect via usb? If so is it better to install QCMA instead?

Thank you!

3. Vinceherman

Vinceherman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    that guide is fine

CMA is Sony's content manager assistant, don't bother with it

just install and use QCMA instead

4. Ericlered

Ericlered Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks!

5. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    I am on 3.65, how do I downgrade to 3.60?

6. Vinceherman

Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
  7. raxadian

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    [Your device must already run HENkaku/h-encore on firmwares 3.60-3.68 in order to use this software. ]

So, how do I run HENkaku/h-encore?

8. Vinceherman

Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
  9. ddfddf23

ddfddf23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Friday
    Russia
    Hey guys! I bricked my ps vita console for a long time, when updating to qcma, the firmware reaches 7% and gives an error c3-12027-3, only the last item is available in safe mode (Update), my console does not see CMA and openCMA, that is, it connects gives an error that CMA is not found, what should I do?

10. solveig

solveig Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2014
    Serbia, Republic of
    guys, I think I goofed.
    I had 3.65 henkaku + enso for some time and haven’t paid vita scene any attention, could run 3.65+ games (p5&p3 dancing games for ex.) comfortably
    but then for some reason I decided to check vita scene and go for h encore. and downloaded exploit through qcma, installed henkaku through h encore bubble... (I know, I’m a genius)
    I noticed my homebrew bubbles took longer to open, stuck on that round bubble thing for quite some time, or even better yet: vita wouldn’t react to button commands so I had to reboot console. I got the idea: hey, let’s do this enso thing! so I did...
    now after I rebooted the console, in settings it no longer has henkaku menu, and on system information it says 3.67. but homebrews like vitashell work.
    and here’s the problem: when I click persona dancing games, it says I need to update to 3.68 and that I’m now on 3.67. so this is when i started to panic. help??
    again, I have compatibility packs, refood and repatch stuff to make the games work, and it DID work, until I goofed installing h encore that I clearly didn’t need.

11. raxadian

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Well, why the hell did you update? Roll back to 3.65.