[GUIDE] The Ultimate Noob PS Vita/PSTV Hacking Guide (Check here first!)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Voxel, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Tom BombaDadlo

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    No, there are currently no methods to hack a Vita on 3.65 or above. At this time, you need 3.60 to install Henkaku on your Vita. There is a method to load Henkaku Enso on 3.65, however it still requires a base firmware of 3.60 to install.

However, TheFlow has kernel exploits available for 3.65 and above, which will release sometime after September (no, we don't know exactly when yet). It's currently best to keep your Vita on 3.65, as that is the last firmware that officially supports Henkaku Enso, which is the coldboot version of the exploit (meaning you no longer have to run the Henkaku installer after every reboot, you only need to do it once).

If you don't care about having to run the exploit every time you reboot, you can safely update to 3.68 and, once again, wait for sometime after September for TheFlow to release his exploit, as it still works on the current latest firmware.

2. RODIFIRE

RODIFIRE GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2008
    Greece
    GREECE
    so there will be henkaku and to 3.68 but the diferent is that you have every time to do something to start it?
    but in 3.65 will only happened once?
    and it will be ready maybe in septemper? for every firmware?

do we know if will be a simple move to run henkaku? or if its some long way more?

thank you very much for your time

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Tom BombaDadlo

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    For 3.67 and 3.68, you have to run the exploit after your system reboots, and only after your system reboots. Once you turn the system off fully (not sleep mode, just plain off), you have to re-run the exploit after you turn it back on to access homebrew/game backups. Assuming it's anything like 3.60, it should be as simple as just going to a web page and waiting a moment. We also had the exploit installed to the Email application, where instead of having to open the browser and connect to the internet and run the exploit, you could just open a specific email in the email application and it'd install the exploit that way no wifi needed. Whether that will still work or not is to be determined.

For 3.63 and 3.65, you'll be able to install Henkaku Enso which is the coldboot exploit. Basically it's a one-time install, and then afterwards your device will always boot with Henkaku installed from the beginning. Do note that this doesn't stick if you upgrade firmwares, so if you stick with 3.65 for coldboot then you won't be able to update to 3.68 afterwards.

Regarding release dates, all we know is that the plan is to release them sometime after September possibly, and it will release for all 3.6x firmwares. The reason the exploit doesn't have any kind of stable release date is because The Flow is waiting to see if Sony will announce/discontinue the Vita completely by the end of 2018, and that's pretty much it. As far as anyone is aware, the exploits are completely ready to go.

4. ivanmark52

ivanmark52 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2010
    where can we find official 3.65fw update for vita tv?

5. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    Can you load/use cheats in Adrenaline? If so how do you do it ?

6. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    If my PSTV is on 3.65, can I install Enso on it?

7. ldeveraux

ldeveraux GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    Did you read anything?

8. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    I guess not. I did now. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. Valeh

Valeh Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2018
    Italy
    Hi guys, I have a question which is kinda important. I have 2 vitas both modded but with different accounts, if I lose molecularshell and vita shell on one, can I copy everything from the other memory and put it on the one without the Shell? I find both the shells in the app folder, am I right?

Last edited by Valeh, Jun 16, 2018 at 12:48 PM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice