Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
because I cant understand and find it I want to ask
a normal ps vita with firmware 3 65 can be hacking and install Henkaku?
if its yes how?
if its no its better to wait on 3.65 or to update and play online in your opinion?

thank you
No, there are currently no methods to hack a Vita on 3.65 or above. At this time, you need 3.60 to install Henkaku on your Vita. There is a method to load Henkaku Enso on 3.65, however it still requires a base firmware of 3.60 to install.

However, TheFlow has kernel exploits available for 3.65 and above, which will release sometime after September (no, we don't know exactly when yet). It's currently best to keep your Vita on 3.65, as that is the last firmware that officially supports Henkaku Enso, which is the coldboot version of the exploit (meaning you no longer have to run the Henkaku installer after every reboot, you only need to do it once).

If you don't care about having to run the exploit every time you reboot, you can safely update to 3.68 and, once again, wait for sometime after September for TheFlow to release his exploit, as it still works on the current latest firmware.

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
so there will be henkaku and to 3.68 but the diferent is that you have every time to do something to start it?
but in 3.65 will only happened once?
and it will be ready maybe in septemper? for every firmware?

do we know if will be a simple move to run henkaku? or if its some long way more?

thank you very much for your time

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
For 3.67 and 3.68, you have to run the exploit after your system reboots, and only after your system reboots. Once you turn the system off fully (not sleep mode, just plain off), you have to re-run the exploit after you turn it back on to access homebrew/game backups. Assuming it's anything like 3.60, it should be as simple as just going to a web page and waiting a moment. We also had the exploit installed to the Email application, where instead of having to open the browser and connect to the internet and run the exploit, you could just open a specific email in the email application and it'd install the exploit that way no wifi needed. Whether that will still work or not is to be determined.

For 3.63 and 3.65, you'll be able to install Henkaku Enso which is the coldboot exploit. Basically it's a one-time install, and then afterwards your device will always boot with Henkaku installed from the beginning. Do note that this doesn't stick if you upgrade firmwares, so if you stick with 3.65 for coldboot then you won't be able to update to 3.68 afterwards.

Regarding release dates, all we know is that the plan is to release them sometime after September possibly, and it will release for all 3.6x firmwares. The reason the exploit doesn't have any kind of stable release date is because The Flow is waiting to see if Sony will announce/discontinue the Vita completely by the end of 2018, and that's pretty much it. As far as anyone is aware, the exploits are completely ready to go.

Valeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I have a question which is kinda important. I have 2 vitas both modded but with different accounts, if I lose molecularshell and vita shell on one, can I copy everything from the other memory and put it on the one without the Shell? I find both the shells in the app folder, am I right?

Last edited by Valeh,

nowaaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i updated to 3.68 with H encore. Everything is fine but Custom Theme Manager app disappears on my screen. I try to install the vpk again but got error code during installation. Does this homebrew works with 3.68 h encore?

dariosq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask that, sorry if i am in the wrong topic.
I bought a used ps vita and I started the procedure to install henkaku on it. However my PS vita doesn't connect to the PC via USB cable, my PC recognizes the Vita so I have already installed CMA and also QCMA, but it keeps showing the same message that it can't connect to the PC. I have already tried everything that PS vita suggests to solve the problem, but it is not working. Is there anyone here that can help me with that?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask that, sorry if i am in the wrong topic.
I bought a used ps vita and I started the procedure to install henkaku on it. However my PS vita doesn't connect to the PC via USB cable, my PC recognizes the Vita so I have already installed CMA and also QCMA, but it keeps showing the same message that it can't connect to the PC. I have already tried everything that PS vita suggests to solve the problem, but it is not working. Is there anyone here that can help me with that?
You can't have both QCMA and CMA installed at the same time, as their drivers interfere with each other which will cause your Vita to not be recognized.

Uninstall both QCMA and CMA, just install QCMA (choosing the libusbk driver when prompted), and it should work fine.

dariosq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did exactly what you said, but it continues to show the same message

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't have both QCMA and CMA installed at the same time, as their drivers interfere with each other which will cause your Vita to not be recognized.

Uninstall both QCMA and CMA, just install QCMA (choosing the libusbk driver when prompted), and it should work fine.
I did exactly what you said, but it continues to show the same message

VitaHackSaturday

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When prepping for SD2Vita and you get to the step of "Backup the contents of ux0: to a folder on your computer" is it supposed to take AGES ?

I tried it with FileZilla but it kept timing out, now I'm using ClassicFTP and it's copying, but it's only done 32 files in 20 minutes...out of 3078 files...

It took 10 minutes just to make the folders.

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Two questions;

1. Does installing Henaku requires to format the memory card?
2. If I make a backup of my own game, does I have access to savegames?

Thanks

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. Does installing Henaku requires to format the memory card?
No (unless that memory card is unusable on the console, for example because it was last used on another one with a different/no account and/or a higher [spoofed] system version, and act.dat wasn't deleted)
2. If I make a backup of my own game, does I have access to savegames?
Content Manager app (and full system) backups include together app, update, dlc, and saves; in fact, among the criticisms of the Vita is the fact you can't (officially) manage these separately!

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, How do i go to a larger capacity mSD using SD2vita? Is it just copy the contents of the smaller back over to a larger card? Thanks!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, How do i go to a larger capacity mSD using SD2vita? Is it just copy the contents of the smaller back over to a larger card? Thanks!
Yes, it's as simple as that.

Keep in mind when you put your old SD card into your PC to transfer files over, you need to have Hidden Files enabled, and "Hide protected operating system files" unchecked (which can be found in Folder/File Explorer options). This will show all folders and files on your SD card. Just transfer all those to the new SD card, plug it in, and everything will work as normal.

Reactions: LuigiXL

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried USBmc on my PSTV, now its just stuck in a bootloop (no logo / anything) just a black screen then resets itself into another black screen, tried all i can think of: pulled the plug, remove USB..

Update: Ok got to safe mode.. Restore system.. lets start again!

Last edited by LuigiXL,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.