• Start date
  • Views 702,347
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
my buddy and i both get the mail.db file as a question mark that reads "this file is not compatible with this system." we're both 3.52. we've tried the fixes that we've found online, but even those fixes don't function the way they're supposed to so we're both stuck. any ideas? we've searched online but the pstv / vita scene isn't that big, so i figured i'd just ask here. thanks in advance!

Pretty sure the failmail exploit was patched from 3.52 wasn't it?

D

Deleted User

OP
Would anyone be interested if I did a write-up of how to install devkitARM compilation tools for the Vita?

lonelyhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still trying to find out why the mail hack refuses to work on my 3.51 vita slim. The mail hacker program is nothing but ? Files no matter how I tell it to send and using thunderbird the exploit image shows up but does nothing

lonelyhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done that and gotten the writer.eml to show up as the camera icon I do get the proper error but it's not doing anything I hit home close mail and open it again and it just goes to my mail never resets the mail app

D

Deleted User

OP
I've done that and gotten the writer.eml to show up as the camera icon I do get the proper error but it's not doing anything I hit home close mail and open it again and it just goes to my mail never resets the mail app
You aren't clicking off the error message are you?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Quick question. I currently use TN-V10 through Go Sudoku! using a save exploit. Is there a TN-V11 exploit save file for Go Sudoku? Is there actually any notable difference between TN-V10 and 11 that I should be concerned about?

I know I can use custom bubbles, but I'd rather not go that route because they've been a real headache in the past - I'm perfectly satisfied with using exploitable saves.

D

Deleted User

OP
Quick question. I currently use TN-V10 through Go Sudoku! using a save exploit. Is there a TN-V11 exploit save file for Go Sudoku? Is there actually any notable difference between TN-V10 and 11 that I should be concerned about?

I know I can use custom bubbles, but I'd rather not go that route because they've been a real headache in the past - I'm perfectly satisfied with using exploitable saves.
If you're on 3.XX, you don't need an exploit game. You can just use Go Sudoku! as the basegame for TN-V11 and follow this tutorial to install it onto the home screen:
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStation...o_install_tnv_bubble_without_exploitgame.html

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you're on 3.XX, you don't need an exploit game. You can just use Go Sudoku! as the basegame for TN-V11 and follow this tutorial to install it onto the home screen:
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStation...o_install_tnv_bubble_without_exploitgame.html
Thanks. I followed the guide and it did seem to work (creating a custom bubble seems much easier now than it used to be! It drove me mad last year having to rename files over FTP etc.).

However, it also broke TN-X. This seems to be because TN-X has its own version of the TNV folder and overwriting it with the new one resulted in TN-X not loading. I copied the TNV folder used by TN-X back across and this fixed TN-X, but resulted in the bubble not loading. I copied Go Sudoku! back across and now I have TN-V again, but no bubble.

For now, I'll stick to loading through Go Sudoku!. Still, I wonder why I seem to be the only person having this issue with the TNV folder.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a curious question for now in case I come across a Vita with a specific firmware. What exactly is the best one? 3.18, 3.36, 3.51? I read on this forum that someone was forced to update from 3.18 to 3.30 to use a certain feature he wanted. But then I read 3.18 is the best FW to be at. I guess the lower you stay the better chance a native hack in the future can be used?

D

Deleted User

OP
Just a curious question for now in case I come across a Vita with a specific firmware. What exactly is the best one? 3.18, 3.36, 3.51? I read on this forum that someone was forced to update from 3.18 to 3.30 to use a certain feature he wanted. But then I read 3.18 is the best FW to be at. I guess the lower you stay the better chance a native hack in the future can be used?
Yeah, that was me that had to update from 3.15 to 3.30 to get the rejuvenate hack to work.

If you don't really want native Vita homebrew and just want to take over all of the PSP side, and also use the PS Vita's package installer, then choose 3.18 as your firmware to be on. Otherwise, just choose 3.30. There are also custom theme methods for 3.30 and up, as well. So there are a few ups and downs to both FWs.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: lonelyhero

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There hasn't been much interest in the Vita forums today... :sad:

If anyone is like me the hard part is when you are trying to learn it for the first time. This makes the 3ds hacking seem too easy. I thank you for your help the other day and now I have mimana on my system. Going to do the TN-V bubble later today and hopefully have everything setup. By any chance do the emulators from the old psp side work on the vita just as good? I seen some emulators updated for the vita forgot which one though. Maybe was snes9xtyl at 1.51. Going to look into it later where I found it on wololo. And have you used the category lite 1.6 plugin?

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
If anyone is like me the hard part is when you are trying to learn it for the first time. This makes the 3ds hacking seem too easy. I thank you for your help the other day and now I have mimana on my system. Going to do the TN-V bubble later today and hopefully have everything setup. By any chance do the emulators from the old psp side work on the vita just as good? I seen some emulators updated for the vita forgot which one though. Maybe was snes9xtyl at 1.51. Going to look into it later where I found it on wololo. And have you used the category lite 1.6 plugin?
The emulators are somewhat better on the Vita since there are better clock speeds involved. (I think we're talking about up to 444MHz for the Vita; the PSP stuff is around 333MHz I think.)

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
However, it also broke TN-X. This seems to be because TN-X has its own version of the TNV folder and overwriting it with the new one resulted in TN-X not loading. I copied the TNV folder used by TN-X back across and this fixed TN-X, but resulted in the bubble not loading. I copied Go Sudoku! back across and now I have TN-V again, but no bubble.

TN-V11 expects to be launching from the folder called TNV in the saves folder. Sadly so does TN-X. All you have to do is hex edit one of the TN-X files because the path it runs from is in plaintext, so you change the V to an X, reup the savedata and it'll work. I did this to get both running on the same Vita, has been working perfectly for some months now - Arcade Darts as the TN-V exploit game and Tekken 2 as the TN-X exploit game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The emulators are somewhat better on the Vita since there are better clock speeds involved. (I think we're talking about up to 444MHz for the Vita; the PSP stuff is around 333MHz I think.)

For ePSP the clock speed is still a maximum 333mhz as per the original PSP (most games that aren't God Of War titles still run @ 222mhz and will benefit from being overclocked to 333mhz).

The 444mhz mode only applies to native Vita hacks under PSM Unity 1.06 for Rejuvenate which requires FW 3.50 & FW 3.51 only. Also the Vita lacks the "Media Engine" sub-CPU that the PSP had so emulators which take advantage of it for a speed boost (Snes9xTYLmecm) will not run at all, usually just hard crash the ePSP side entirely in my experience.

From what you've written here and elsewhere I think you already know that but I figured I'd post it again for those that didn't know. ;-)

Last edited by zekepliskin,
Reactions: Deleted User

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
TN-V11 expects to be launching from the folder called TNV in the saves folder. Sadly so does TN-X. All you have to do is hex edit one of the TN-X files because the path it runs from is in plaintext, so you change the V to an X, reup the savedata and it'll work. I did this to get both running on the same Vita, has been working perfectly for some months now.
Oh brilliant! Do you happen to know which file needs editing? Not being lazy - I can look myself, just thinking it might be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Kikario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can we or can we not use this with a 3.52 vita? I tried but I just get "this file is not compatible" messages.

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can we or can we not use this with a 3.52 vita? I tried but I just get "this file is not compatible" messages.

I have a 3.55 and did the mimana exploit. But from my understanding you need 3.51 at the highest to use the mail exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: