XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be offensive at all to you, because I do respect you, but I really see no point in this guide (at least on this forum). This guide finally got it's second page today when it has been here for over a year. Obviously, everyone knows where to go already, why even bother when there are already better things available? Maybe you have multi-million views on your other forum, but here it is obvious that it has been ignored for the obviously better guide. I honestly don't see why you have bothered to update it when you yourself have been the majority of posts in this thread, and obviously there are way better methods.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but blind people can't see the light.

And seriously, the formatting is freaking horrible. Maybe if you did not try soo hard to make it look good then it might actually look better. The text sizing mixed altogether is just crazy on the eyes and it makes it very hard to follow.

I will say it again, I'm not trying to be offensive, but I look at this in the way an end user would, and there is a GOOD reason why this thread has only gotten on it's second page today where as modmii has 312 pages. I mean, stop wasting your effort on this. You are better contributing to 003 brick fixing (and you kinda failed on that by not listening to giantpune a year ago when he had a better way of doing it that he shared with both you and I but you ignored it and your way failed for me to fix a 003 wii but his way worked for me instead).

No offense, but know where you are good at and stick to it.

I may be good on the hardware side of things, but I fail at the software stuff, and since I know I fail at the software stuff I will never bother trying it and allow myself to become a mockery of my fail...like this thread. No offense, but fact is fact.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I still think this guide is an excellent alternative to ModMii. It is well written, but because it covers more, it is harder. A lot of the additions to ModMii over the past year have been based on mauifrog's guide, such as the System Menu IOS with a patched dip module.

It's also good if you don't have Windows. I know there is another guide besides ModMii and this (it's pinned), but it's terrible. Even the cIOS setup sucks.

Mauifrog, please add this guide back. ModMii may be a better choice for the average user these days, but not everybody can use it.

Reactions: 1 person

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be offensive at all to you, because I do respect you, but I really see no point in this guide (at least on this forum). This guide finally got it's second page today when it has been here for over a year. Obviously, everyone knows where to go already, why even bother when there are already better things available? Maybe you have multi-million views on your other forum, but here it is obvious that it has been ignored for the obviously better guide. I honestly don't see why you have bothered to update it when you yourself have been the majority of posts in this thread, and obviously there are way better methods.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but blind people can't see the light.

And seriously, the formatting is freaking horrible. Maybe if you did not try soo hard to make it look good then it might actually look better. The text sizing mixed altogether is just crazy on the eyes and it makes it very hard to follow.

I will say it again, I'm not trying to be offensive, but I look at this in the way an end user would, and there is a GOOD reason why this thread has only gotten on it's second page today where as modmii has 312 pages. I mean, stop wasting your effort on this. You are better contributing to 003 brick fixing (and you kinda failed on that by not listening to giantpune a year ago when he had a better way of doing it that he shared with both you and I but you ignored it and your way failed for me to fix a 003 wii but his way worked for me instead).

No offense, but know where you are good at and stick to it.

I may be good on the hardware side of things, but I fail at the software stuff, and since I know I fail at the software stuff I will never bother trying it and allow myself to become a mockery of my fail...like this thread. No offense, but fact is fact.
I only ever wrote a softmod guide for one reason, to stop people from bricking their wiis and to provide them with the means to recover from any fixable brick.
These would include
-mandatory nand.bin backup or nand key extract
-ios60-6174 patched into all old system ios slots
-system ios patched with trucha, dip- corp on all system ios
-savegame exploits installed
-priiloader installed (no abhprot to avoid bricks)
-backup HBC installed to prevent removal from update
-ios60-6174 installed to slot 70, 80, 90 to prevent 003 bricks
-a proper region change if desired
-a proper downgrade
-system menu version patched to elevated version preventing update
-shop channel version patched
-system ios version patched
-mandatory user md5 verification of all wad on sd:\
-continued recommendation to "never ever update a wii"

All of this was done to help people, to stop them from doing stupid shit to their wiis which was at a time all to common.
All of this was done prior to any implementation of modmii doing the same, single point above

Also I will point that my guide was the first anywhere to mod a 4.3 wii, two weeks prior to wiicrazy's release. Damysteryman would know, he is the know that told me of the korean ios exploit, two weeks prior to its release by wiicrazy.

I may be no artist if text format, my the methods in my guide are sound, proven, and all my own- every bit of it. I suppose that is why it has been stolen by countless knockoff throughout the net, word for word.

Since I only ever wrote this guide to ensure people installed the needed exploits on their wiis to ensure they could recover for any recoverable brick, or had the needed material to have the nand reprogrammed, it is no longer needed. Modmii is great, it has added almost all of the brick protection that my guide offered, enough that I don't need to waist any more of my time maintaining this.

I work full time, have four young kids and I have really been searching for any excuse to drop this project, so I have. That you, I also respect you. Comparing my guide or anything I have ever written to pimp my wii was not necessary, I have most likely helped more people recover from recoverable software bricks then anyone else. My guide has never to my knowledge bricked anymore that two wiis, one from priiloader 0.5 and another form a failed sm wad install via wadmanager, hence the use of MMM and md5 checks.

Also, my guide was the only true Any Wii Softmod solution, not requiring any update from N, supporting pre-launch-4.3.

Any I am done with it, thank you. I will work on your Any Brick FIX guide when I find the time.

cjizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is truly a shame Dealyfoez that you are wasting everyones time insulting and demeaning a person who has taken so much time out of his life to help people. Your comments are a complete disgrace to this community. You say that you respect mauifrog, but then you insult the crap out of him. Do you even know what respect is? A moderator should very explicitly put an edit above everything you just wrote that says "THESE COMMENTS ARE OPINION ONLY AND NOT SUPPORTED BY THE INTELLECTUAL COMMUNITY"... because no one in their right mind who has any knowledge in the area would support the bs that you posted....

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Not everybody has Windows, and until recently, this guide far surpassed ModMii. It's now about on the same level.

Just a headsup, ModMii works fine under wine in linux for me. Or did, I switched back to winblows on the laptop a few days ago for other reasons.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Not everybody has Windows, and until recently, this guide far surpassed ModMii. It's now about on the same level.
Just a headsup, ModMii works fine under wine in linux for me. Or did, I switched back to winblows on the laptop a few days ago for other reasons.
Good to know, but that still doesn't change my statement.

I do want to make it clear that I'm only comparing the softmodding guides, and not the rest of ModMii. This guide does more than ModMii's guide does, but ModMii still does a lot of other stuff. Also, I mean no disrespect to XFlak, who has worked very had on making an excellent program that I use at least once a week.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
I do want to make it clear that I'm only comparing the softmodding guides, and not the rest of ModMii. This guide does more than ModMii's guide does, but ModMii still does a lot of other stuff. Also, I mean no disrespect to XFlak, who has worked very had on making an excellent program that I use at least once a week.

yeah, basically maui's mod guide basically do a total sofmod thing than modmii can do (but hey, at least modmii can do other things in a press of a key on the keyboard) I mean, you can even safely softmod your Korean Wii with this one and also changing region of your wii. Necessary trucha bug IOS are also installed. I mean, all things you need are all in there, installed just in case that you need it.

Skellinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is sad. Personally I do not like Modmii, not saying it is bad I just prefer Maui's guide. I guess it's like choosing a loader, everyone has their preference and opinion. I really hope Mauifrog changes his mind because, as stated in other posts and other places, he is a freaking legend to a lot of the wii modders out there.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Lets not forget the fact that all of these files that were used to softmod a wii were ILLEGALLY SHARED!!! At least modmii does it in a legal manner which matters the most. The only things that this guide really does that modmii doesn't is change the SM version (which I've talked with xflak about doing in the past), and region changing. But on the other hand, modmii does many many more things than this guide, and all at the press of a button. Modmii looks nice, is easy to follow, very simple to use, creates custom guides for people, gets updated a lot more often, has NEVER bricked a single wii, can do sneek installs, gives a huge amount of credit to those who wrote everything that is used, prevents itself from getting stolen and sold on the net, can give you the latest cIOS's (and not updated to 2 versions ago), does the md5 checking by itself so the user doesn't have to try to look over every file and compare hashes, has versions written in at least 4 other languages, and the list can continue on for another full page if I really wanted to.

Even the other stickied guide in this forum for 'Softmod ANY wii' contains illegal way of getting files, which is against gbatemp rules (oh the irony), and xflak and I have mentioned it plenty of times and now xflak is getting something finally down about it, albeit everyone else is rather slow to responding. But I think that guide should go out the door too. There have been many other guides that people have posted on here that did not get anywhere, and even another batch file one that also failed.

There is no need to have multiple guides on one forum when there is one that is far superior and everyone knows to use it. This guide has just sat here for a year on this forum, so it was obvious that no one used it, and I even forgot about it. There has been hundreds of threads with newbs saying "how canz I hack mi wiiz", and never once did I see anyone recommend this guide. So whats the point of upkeeping a guide that no one uses.

"maui is a legend","you don't need windows to use this guide","this guide can region change wii's". You know, thats good and all, but why is no one on this forum using it? Any arguments that anyone can made are rather moot points when no one on this forum uses the guide, so no point of arguing it with me because even if he does post the guide back up still no one on this forum will use it. Quite frankly, this is the most attention this guide has ever gotten on this forum.

I like mauifrog. I've asked for his help before. I've chatted with him a few times before. This isn't anything personal.

This situation is a lot like when you go to your doctor and the first thing he says is "You're fat and you need to lose weight". You may not like what the doctor says but he is telling the truth and it does hurt a little. Now, the only difference iS normally when the doctor tells you that you are fat, you don't go and get all of your fat friends to go to the doctor and bitch at him for calling you fat. How many people joined this forum today just to defend mauifrog and this guide and then insult me? I don't care if people call me 'DeadlyFools' because that is their best argument.

and yes, modmii can work fine in linux or mac os using wine or vmware or some other kind of virtualization software, and for those that don't want to take the time to do that stuff, well we still have our other illegal method to softmod any wii stickied on this forum. No need for 2 illegal methods.

@mauifrog. Yeah, sorry I was a little harsh. I should have reread what I wrote on my previous posts and tried better to not make it seeming so insulting.

Streamlinehd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The Wii is old news and nobody is going to give a crap about it soon anyway (which is why maui so easily dropped his guide) but really man the way you go about things is so disrespectful. I don't know what you've done that's so great besides flash Wiis and write a guide that left out a lot of information and release a version of Xavbox with no info on where to find the drivers (or even any mention of the drivers for that matter). Not for nothing but you want to openly criticize other's hard work then you deserve it right back. You go out with I'm DeadlyFoez nametag, who gives a shit? Really dude get over yourself. You're a modmii tester wow.... mauifrog has helped thousands of people and doesn't deserve what you dished him.

Streamlinehd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I never said your points were invalid but the way you went about making your points were disrespectful. You could've gotten your opinion across via PM and it didn't have to be done openly in the guy's guide. Regardless of how you felt, a respected member of the community put a lot of hard work into this and you disrespectfully bashed it openly.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Yes, your opinion is still valid no matter who you are, but you have not made any really good points to anything at all except that I could have said what I said a little nicer.

But yes, even though I have no clue of who you are and that you only joined just to state your opinion, yes your opinion is still valid.

Just because I come across like an asshole does not make what I said as being untrue.

No matter what, this guide had illegal methods and should not have been allowed on this forum in the first place, like the other stickied guide. Can you really say that because I come across as an asshole that this statement is untrue?

I never said your points were invalid but the way you went about making your points were disrespectful. You could've gotten your points across via PM and it didn't have to be done openly in the guy's guide. Regardless of how you felt, a respected member of the community put a lot of hard work into this and you disrespectfully bashed it openly.
So you make your point by going and doing exactly what you tell me not to do and then mention a whole bunch of crap that has nothing to do with the topic at hand here and somehow you think that you are not standing in the wrong. That is rather hypocritical.

The conversation should stay on topic. This thread is about mauifrogs guide, not about how much of an asshole I am. If you want to keep telling me that I am wrong then take your own advice and say it in a PM that I will just ignore. :D

Feel free to report my posts to a mod and then they will all get deleted, plus all the others, for all of this containing harsh, rude and off topic talk, then this thread will once again go back to no one ever seeing it and modmii will still reign king of this forum.

Streamlinehd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
So you make your point by going and doing exactly what you tell me not to do and then mention a whole bunch of crap that has nothing to do with the topic at hand here and somehow you think that you are not standing in the wrong. That is rather hypocritical.

Well I got my point across didn't I? That's all I have to say here, keep doing things however you want.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
If your point is that you are a hypocrite, then yes. Otherwise I have no clue of what your point was of mentioning my infectus tutorial and everything else you said. Please feel free to enlighten me.

Fun fact, this thread has now gotten more views in 1 day than is has in 1 year... thanks to yours truly. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee