Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinAce420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by SmokinAce420,

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So can I install emulators and use them full speed (like PCSX and other N3DS "exclusive" ones)? And is it safe to update from the system settings icon? I haven't used A9LH before so I'm not sure.
Don't exactly know if emulators work at "full speed" (Like mGba with more than 3FPS) without a N3DS, as I didn't have the chance to do so. Broke 3 flax cables while attempting to do a hardmod on my O3DS (Hence the reason I bought a N3DS). Yeah, just update from System Settings. Luma has FIRM write protection, so you won't lose a9lh. Just to be sure, wait a few hours after an update releases. A thread should pop up here with users reporting if everything went smoothly.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: rafaeloz

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't exactly know if emulators work at "full speed" (Like mGba with more than 3FPS) without a N3DS, as I didn't have the chance to do so. Broke 3 flax cables while attempting to do a hardmod on my O3DS (Hence the reason I bought a N3DS). Yeah, just update from System Settings. Luma has FIRM write protection, so you won't lose a9lh. Just to be sure, wait a few hours after an update releases. A thread should pop up here with users reporting if everything went smoothly.
I am on N3DS and thanks for the help. I'm not new to CFW, just using A9LH instead of an emunand.

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. What is Luma Updater and what do I have to do with it?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Quick question. What is Luma Updater and what do I have to do with it?

It updates Luma3DS, which can also be done by replacing your current arm9loaderhax.bin (in both microsd and CTRNAND) with the new one.

Reactions: jack_okami

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything went smoothly, thanks for this guide (I had a bit of trouble following the Youtube video since the order of things was a bit different, but the written guide is PERFECT), and thanks to all of the people who helped discover and implement this exploit.

Reactions: Hyoretsu

TDAdvocate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was already answered somewhere within the comments. I don't have enough time to look through all of the comments sadly. But I am trying this on my 2ds. It was on 11.2.0-35U before starting this. I am currently at the 2.1.0-4U firmware (the top display is bugged and super wide for some reason) and if I try to access the homescreen of the device in any way, shape, or form while my SD card is in the device it will freeze and force me to power down. I also continuously get stuck on a black screen when attempting to go to the link in the Browser. Sorry again if these questions have been previously answered. And thanks for any and all replies!

TalYerushalmi

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I Got up to Stage 27

27. Now open Health & Safety (which now is FBI), select TitleDB and install "hblauncher_loader v1.2" and "Luma3DS Updater".

When i select TitleDB its Empty... what have i done wrong ?

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry if this was already answered somewhere within the comments. I don't have enough time to look through all of the comments sadly. But I am trying this on my 2ds. It was on 11.2.0-35U before starting this. I am currently at the 2.1.0-4U firmware (the top display is bugged and super wide for some reason) and if I try to access the homescreen of the device in any way, shape, or form while my SD card is in the device it will freeze and force me to power down. I also continuously get stuck on a black screen when attempting to go to the link in the Browser. Sorry again if these questions have been previously answered. And thanks for any and all replies!
Try one of the three anwers in the troubleshooting steps in OP.

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
I Got up to Stage 27

27. Now open Health & Safety (which now is FBI), select TitleDB and install "hblauncher_loader v1.2" and "Luma3DS Updater".

It's gets a downloaded list so you may need to wait + have wifi. Threre is also a refresh button.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Got up to Stage 27

Try to wait a little bit. It's lots of titles to download information. Leave it for, like, 1 minute.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Hyoretsu you should add that this guide is useless now that fasthax, safehax, and sound have been added to 3ds.guide
It's still more easy to follow this one and you can have answers for questions you have almost instantly. Just download 1 zip and follow the instructions. Don't have the trouble to keep downloading files alongside the process and arrange them in your microSD.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,
Reactions: jack_okami

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still more easy to follow this one and you can have answers for questions you have almost instantly. Just download 1 zip and follow the instructions. Don't have the trouble to keep downloading files alongside the process and arrange them in your microSD.
I was gonna say the same thing lol

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even total starters to 3DS got a9lh smoothly in 1 hour or less following this guide. (Which took me more than 5 months studying a9lh and CFW and Plailect's to install on mine for the first time). But, after my first time, I could install a9lh on a 10.7 console without looking at Plailect's.

ReannaN

Trophies
XP
Country
Try this: http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/how-to-partition-mac-hard-drive-resize-3619175/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you, If i just format my micro sd and use that with your guide- Im guessing it means that all my data on the micro sd that came with the ds is gone. So any downloaded games etc?

I used this guide to upgrade to a 64gb sd card
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

I can't do this method, as its only for windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol