Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

faaaaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry im very new to this, every time I start my 3ds it wants me to update a9lh even though I have done that already, any idea whats going on?

Ive not gotten that far myself so I cant say for sure, but is that not the point when you are supposed to shut down the device, then copy the OTP file to your SD card and boot back up while holding select?

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unzipped the Luma folder and renamed the .bin file to arm9.bin and placed it in the root of my sd card. I also made sure that I had no other .bin files on the root. The n3ds still does not boot into Luma....

You made sure you did not "copy both arm9.bin and arm9loaderhax.bin, which the latter removes Luma's one?"

Voorheez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry im very new to this, every time I start my 3ds it wants me to update a9lh even though I have done that already, any idea whats going on?

It's simple. Just put your SD on PC and extract (arm9.bin , arm9loaderhax.bin, arm11.bin, SafeA9LHInstaller.dat and 3DS Folder - overwrite ALL) FROM Safe Hack O/N/3DS.zip and after overwrite the arm9.bin(only) with the file on SafeA9LHInstaller.zip.

Last edited by Voorheez,

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Got it. For some reason, this guide didn't quite work out for me. So I followed the longer from scratch guide and got it all working. Every step complete and no errors! So now my next question here is: How do I go about installing my backups? Is there a guide for dumping and running them on the CFW? The guide didn't include that part. I'm familiar with dumping Vita and Wii U games, but not so much 3DS. I want to get rid of all of my cartridges.

Kudos2u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong arm9loaderhax.bin on your sd card.
It's simple. Just put your SD on PC and extract (arm9.bin , arm9loaderhax.bin, arm11.bin, SafeA9LHInstaller.dat and 3DS Folder - overwrite ALL) FROM Safe Hack O/N/3DS.zip and after overwrite the arm9.bin(only) with the file on SafeA9LHInstaller.zip.
Yeah this worked thank you very much :D

kebabfan99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm quite new to this.

Once downgrading down to 2.1, is it possible to then update to 9.2? If you did this on a N3DS would this enable to sleep mode function?

Enczant

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
HI!I own european 2ds(11.2) with soundhax.I have done evrything as the guide says without any problem.I was able to get fbi and hb launcher into home menu.Does that mean im on CFW now?

Lukus_Saiyajin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you're on 2.1.0 right? Time to get your OTP.bin. Start here: https://3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer If you've already have done the downgrade to 2.1.0 then scroll the bottom and continue on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm going to repeat it again: http://3ds.guide is now fully updated and step by step walks through this entire process. It helps bypass some of these errors that people are seeing with black screens and flashing lights (it has troubleshooting steps and lists what to expect.) The guide is very well documented and explained. Check that out before going down this rabbit hole. The results should be the same, but that one is more hand-holdy.

Did this, followed the guide, SafeAL9H booted up as normal. Thanks again~!

nielsyboy765

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I boot my 3ds at step 17 I see SafeA9LHInstaller update and uninstall options. what do i do?

EDIT: well thats fixed. my 3ds doesnt want to go into homemenu with sdcard inserted
EDIT 2: Nvm all that. I am just too impatient :)

Last edited by nielsyboy765,
D

Deleted User

I successfully installed A9LH! :yay3ds: My heart was like thumping as hell when it comes to downgrading to 2.1.0 and full-installing Arm9LoaderHax.

Reactions: Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
uninstall FBI?
The FBI that don't have the FBI's title ID is the one that you injected over health & Safety. So uninstall it and uninstall health & safety. Update and get it back.
Two questions.
1. If I want to switch to a bigger SD card, can I just pass all the files to the new one?
2. Is there a way to make homebrew launch at startup like menuhax used to do?
1. Yes
2. No, a9lh starts way too early in the boot for homebrew.

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At what point can I upgrade back to 11.2? The 3ds.guide has that as a step and I want to be able to close the lid again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto