Hacking [Guide] How To Hack Your 360

Reservecrypto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read through the guide here but then started reading comments. I know I am late to this and I am wondering how much info has changed in regards to dumping DVD drives firmware.

I bought an Xkey recently, only so I can get dance central + DLC and run them off an HDD. The xbox360 I have is a 2011 Corona, not sure on the dvd drive yet.
Is there a way to connect the drive to a PC's motherboard and dump the file?
I might be a brainlet because I have read a lot but still don't understand how to dump the Dummy.bin file.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You need to have a compatible SATA chip set or dedicated dumper hardware.
Since you got a Corona motherboard, it's highly likely you need to RGH your 360 before you can get the Xkey to work.

I'd advise you to get a older 360 (Glossy slim or a Phat) and put the Xkey in that thing.
A lot more easier then doing it on a Corona board.

Reservecrypto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to have a compatible SATA chip set or dedicated dumper hardware.
Since you got a Corona motherboard, it's highly likely you need to RGH your 360 before you can get the Xkey to work.

I'd advise you to get a older 360 (Glossy slim or a Phat) and put the Xkey in that thing.
A lot more easier then doing it on a Corona board.

Thanks for your reply.

So if I bought a glossy slim xbox360, what else would I need to dump the dvd drive?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll need a X360 USB Pro v2 or a X360 USB Pro v1 with a CK3i connectivity kit,

You can use the Xbox as powersource but I don't really recommend it and or a SATA chipset that is compatible with Jungle flasher.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Reservecrypto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DinohScene
Is there a way to install DLC with Xkey? I am assuming not but I have tried anyway. Patching with Content Manager and trying to inject with Horizon but the data says corrupted. :x. I didn't think about this when I got the Xkey over doing other methods lol.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, you replace the header with one that's free. yaris swap is one such program. it's named after one of the free games on xbla.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I do know that some games that come as GOTY that can have their DLC extracted and copied to retail 360's.
Yaris swap is another utility that can do something with DLC, I never used it I think....

Anyway, There's some Live and PIRS content that can run on retail units.
It's been a while since I done anything like it.

Anyway, your best bet at getting DLC for free would be to get GOTY games and install the DLC discs via your Xkey.
Or extract the content folder with Xbox Image Browser, copy it to a FAT32 USB and insert it in the console and copy it.

Reactions: godreborn

Reservecrypto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried the Yaris method yet but I have downloaded the program. Unfortunately there isn't a GOTY for these games, Dance central 1-3 but, I will update when I check to see if I can use the yaris method to make it work. Ironically I wanted to get xkey to run DC1-3 and dlc to begin with and without regard to playing on XBL. Lol if only I would have read further instead of just doing xkey bc it was the easiest lol.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried the Yaris method yet but I have downloaded the program. Unfortunately there isn't a GOTY for these games, Dance central 1-3 but, I will update when I check to see if I can use the yaris method to make it work. Ironically I wanted to get xkey to run DC1-3 and dlc to begin with and without regard to playing on XBL. Lol if only I would have read further instead of just doing xkey bc it was the easiest lol.

yaris method will only work with a fully hacked system. if it's just the dvd drive that's flashed, it won't work. the dlc will show up as corrupted data in storage information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!