Hacking [Guide] Everything under the Sky3DS

Battousi05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was trying to copy of my mario party island tour game into my sky3ds and it doesnt work, whether the rom is trimmed or not...

i keep getting "the file mario party-island tour.3ds have no resource data yet. please update the template.txt"

but i checked the template and the mario party IS in the template. ive even deleted and re-downloaded it and still no luck.

Any idea anyone??

Battousi05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i was able to resolve my prob with the diskwriter error popping up saying game file error or whatever...BUT

But now after i write the new game to the sky3ds and go to play it its not there on my 3DS?! My other 2 roms i have on there show up still but when i cycle through the new game i just loaded onto it isnt there??

::insert frustration::

edit: the game in question not loading up is mario party island tour ^

Last edited by Battousi05,

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just a quick question is there any way to use cheats with pokemon X/Y/OR/AS? The op's method doesn't work for me.
Using PKHEX.
Backup you save using some save tool for homebrew, edit it using PKHEX and restore your save again using the same save tool

harveybeaks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok i was able to resolve my prob with the diskwriter error popping up saying game file error or whatever...BUT

But now after i write the new game to the sky3ds and go to play it its not there on my 3DS?! My other 2 roms i have on there show up still but when i cycle through the new game i just loaded onto it isnt there??

::insert frustration::

edit: the game in question not loading up is mario party island tour ^
old but are you sure it's the correct region?

Battousi05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there an updated list around somewhere on compatible roms that can be trimmed at all?? The wiki for it is outta date and most of my games are newer than that list!

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
there are some really cool new stuff available for Sky3DS users

I'm new to all this. Just got my Sky3DS. Can I know?

And can anyone help me here?

As I said I'm new to all this and just got a Sky3DS. And I want to install the Homebrew Channel/Launcher and use the SaveGame Manager in order to use PKHex I have a retail OR. Thats what I do care about. Everything else is like an extra.

I have a N3DSXL in 10.0.2U and of course a Sky3DS. If anyone can help me. Thanks!

Battousi05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just change the chip id on template

so its as easy as going into the template u get from sky3ds site, finding your private header(that u already injected), getting the cart ID from that and changing the 2 bytes on the games u wanna play online to match the one from ur private header right?

i thought injecting the private header change ALL the games headers which included the cart ID? wouldnt they all match already then or do you need the correct original cart ID put back in to the games u wanna play online?

i think im confusing myself now >.<

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so its as easy as going into the template u get from sky3ds site, finding your private header(that u already injected), getting the cart ID from that and changing the 2 bytes on the games u wanna play online to match the one from ur private header right?

i thought injecting the private header change ALL the games headers which included the cart ID? wouldnt they all match already then or do you need the correct original cart ID put back in to the games u wanna play online?

i think im confusing myself now >.<
When you inject your header using noBanNosky it didnt change the chip id that is on template, it just replace the header value. If by the way some game doesnt work online you can just change the chip id value. When I got issues playing ACNL online I loaded my rom in gateway rom patcher, injected my header bin and find out the chip id value to replaced it on template

GlitchyDavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before the latest template, I got my class 10 micro SD (finally!!)
I wrote ONE game (Omega Ruby EU) on the micro SD card and I poped it in the sky3ds and I got flashes. It flashed rapidly for three seconds then stopped. But no Roms, AGAIN. (Either issues with my template or just my 3ds slot because I have to use the paper trick)
(EDIT: Forgot to mention, I found out that the fast blinking indicates that it's loading the game. It either turns out that I have a corrupt rom of Omega Ruby or that I'm just missing something)

Last edited by GlitchyDavid,

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Before the latest template, I got my class 10 micro SD (finally!!)
I wrote ONE game (Omega Ruby EU) on the micro SD card and I poped it in the sky3ds and I got flashes. It flashed rapidly for three seconds then stopped. But no Roms, AGAIN. (Either issues with my template or just my 3ds slot because I have to use the paper trick)
(EDIT: Forgot to mention, I found out that the fast blinking indicates that it's loading the game. It either turns out that I have a corrupt rom of Omega Ruby or that I'm just missing something)
After you burn a game, put it in, let it flash for a few seconds. Then take it out and put it back in. The rom should load. Also you need R4 for regions that your 3DS doesn't support. If you're EU then you can load EU roms fine, but if you want to play US roms, you need HBL to boot into R4 to play it.

GlitchyDavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After you burn a game, put it in, let it flash for a few seconds. Then take it out and put it back in. The rom should load. Also you need R4 for regions that your 3DS doesn't support. If you're EU then you can load EU roms fine, but if you want to play US roms, you need HBL to boot into R4 to play it.
I did that but still, nothing. (Did it before posting the question)

EDIT: Tried it on Ultimate NES Remix EU. It flashes but it doesn't show the rom.

Last edited by GlitchyDavid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo