Hacking [Guide] Change emuNAND Region

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have successfully converted a US New3DS EmuNAND 9.5 to Japanese EmuNAND 9.5. Is it possible to use sysupdater to downgrade said Japanese EmuNAND to, let's say, 9.2.0-20J?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have successfully converted a US New3DS EmuNAND 9.5 to Japanese EmuNAND 9.5. Is it possible to use sysupdater to downgrade said Japanese EmuNAND to, let's say, 9.2.0-20J?

I have never used sysupdater, I always delete the cia files in fbi then reinstall it but was told on his github it should work the same way just a lot easier

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, i success to change my o3ds emunand from JPN to USA, but after run one program and press home 3ds system will freeze. And i even can't open notification menu, anyone know what i must do ?

CharlesX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i success to change NEW3DS JP to USA

but i have a little issue

when i rename folder it alway go to black screen and messange "an error has occurred hold down the POWER button to trun off the power..."

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yes man but i don't format system after change region bcoz i continue use old emunand for my save and cia install
that issue don't effect to much i can play game

hey charley, do you have some freezeing emunand after close aplication or game ?
because i change emunand from JPN to USA too but have some problem

CharlesX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
hey charley, do you have some freezeing emunand after close aplication or game ?
because i change emunand from JPN to USA too but have some problem

i'm don't try playgame too much but i can play megaman 1 virtual console without freezeing
and when i close application or game don't freezeing too

1 issue only i can't rename folder that i found

Artemis-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm don't try playgame too much but i can play megaman 1 virtual console without freezeing
and when i close application or game don't freezeing too

1 issue only i can't rename folder that i found
This is related to the on-screen keyboard. Basically, anything that makes use of it will crash your 3ds. So long as you don't play any games that don't require its use at some point, you'll be fine. I had this issue briefly when I changed my n3ds LL from JPN to US. I think what ends up fixing it is installing older system update cia files, as the more recent ones won't include older files that haven't had any changes in several versions. I think the ones I wound up using on my successful and stable change were from 9.0.0 but I can't remember for certain. If you look up the other thread on this topic (creating a non-xl NA new 3ds or something like that was the title) and look at the steps I posted there, they should help you out.

CharlesX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
This is related to the on-screen keyboard. Basically, anything that makes use of it will crash your 3ds. So long as you don't play any games that don't require its use at some point, you'll be fine. I had this issue briefly when I changed my n3ds LL from JPN to US. I think what ends up fixing it is installing older system update cia files, as the more recent ones won't include older files that haven't had any changes in several versions. I think the ones I wound up using on my successful and stable change were from 9.0.0 but I can't remember for certain. If you look up the other thread on this topic (creating a non-xl NA new 3ds or something like that was the title) and look at the steps I posted there, they should help you out.

i can use keyboard in other application browser and other ingame to create name of charactor just only rename folder it crash for me
this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-a-north-american-non-xl-new-3ds.387818/ you told me?
i no old3ds :(

Artemis-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i can use keyboard in other application browser and other ingame to create name of charactor just only rename folder it crash for me
this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-a-north-american-non-xl-new-3ds.387818/ you told me?
i no old3ds :(
Not quite that thread, it was the guide made from the original thread where this all happened. https://gbatemp.net/threads/creating-a-north-american-non-xl-new-3ds.381775/page-44#post-5476953 is the thread I meant and that is my post collecting and detailing exactly what I did to make everything work properly, now that I re-read my post, I think the key was using updatecdn and the CSV file I linked to in order to get the update CIA files, since my initial update attempt using 3dnus seemed to be much smaller and did not have all the files I mentioned that were not updated in several system updates.
Interesting that other situations allow the keyboard to work though, in my case it was any time the keyboard tried to load, my n3ds would crash. I'd still suggest trying to use updatecdn with that CSV file from my post so that you can be certain to have gotten all of the update files, and not just the most recently changed ones.

CharlesX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Not quite that thread, it was the guide made from the original thread where this all happened. https://gbatemp.net/threads/creating-a-north-american-non-xl-new-3ds.381775/page-44#post-5476953 is the thread I meant and that is my post collecting and detailing exactly what I did to make everything work properly, now that I re-read my post, I think the key was using updatecdn and the CSV file I linked to in order to get the update CIA files, since my initial update attempt using 3dnus seemed to be much smaller and did not have all the files I mentioned that were not updated in several system updates.
Interesting that other situations allow the keyboard to work though, in my case it was any time the keyboard tried to load, my n3ds would crash. I'd still suggest trying to use updatecdn with that CSV file from my post so that you can be certain to have gotten all of the update files, and not just the most recently changed ones.
thanks man i will try

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
why i need to buy a premium version just for a fuck*ng copy-paste ?...

Actually my version is already cracked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: