XP
Country
Thailand
Finally i fixed keyboard error in home
This guide i try to me for N3DS LL JP > USA
I push more some step let see in down
for me my method is EMUNAND JP 9.2

Note:I not start clean new install i use old my emunand that i alway use

Thanks Artemis-kun,DarkKaine,bobtheglob101,KhaderWelaye ,Gadorach and other who i don't write down this
===========================================================================================

Requirements
1.(N)3DS on 9.0 - 9.2
2.If using a N3DS: a copy of Cubic Ninja. Sorry guys, there's currently no other way
3.Gateway 3DS (or if using CFW, any emuNAND with a way to install CIA files will work)
4.Region Change Toolkit. Download here: http://109.163.233.168/RegionChangeKit.rar
5."SecureInfo_A" file for the desired region. Either dump it from another (N)3DS or find a "donor" file online (google). Make sure it is the right region or it will not work!
6.Gateway Launcher v3.2.2 (google).
7.DevMenu v6.2 (google).
8.WinHex (not sure if the free version works for our purposes, mine is licensed. Not like that will stop you ;) google it).
==9.updatecdn
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ds-fw-contents-create-installable-cia.375993/
u need coppy make_cdn_cia.exe in 3DNUS to this folder becouse in this folder not working

Step 1 - Generating the NAND Fat16 Xorpad.
Prepare
1.Copy the boot.3dsx file and the 3ds folder from the "FILES FOR N3DS ONLY" folder to the root of your SD card and insert it into your 3DS.
Go to http://smealum.net/ninjhax/ and follow steps 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7. If you already have a QR code for booting gateway you can delete it by holding L+R+X+Y in the main menu for 5 seconds.
Start Decrypt9 from the homebrew launcher and run the NAND Padgen.

STEP 2
1.Copy Launcher.dat from the Gateway v3.2.2 archive to the root of your SD card and insert it into your (N)3DS. Overwrite if prompted.
2.Copy DevMenu v6.2 to the root of the microSD that goes inside your Gateway red card.
If you are using CFW you should already have it because it's transferred from sysNAND and you can skip this step.
3.Use the DS Profile, Internet Browser, Ocarina of Time or Cubic Ninja exploit to start the Gateway Launcher.
If you previously used Cubic Ninja for the homebrew launcher and want to use it on the N3DS, simply delete the savedata by holding L+R+X+Y at the main menu and scan the new QR code from Gateway's web site.
4.Format emuNAND using the Gateway Launcher. When it's done, boot emuNAND and check if everything is working.
5.Power off your (N)3DS and insert the SD card in your card reader again.
6.From the Tools folder, open up 3DNUS. For Title ID enter the latest safe version.
At the time of writing this is 9.8.0-25 for 3DS and 9.5.0-23 for N3DS. For version, enter the region that you want to switch to (JAP/USA/EUR).
Tick either the Old 3ds or New 3ds option and also tick "pack as .CIA". Press the Download button.
==before 7.Be sure to exclude the following .cia's that begin with: 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130, 00040138, and 00048005 (Thanks michyprima!).
7.After 3DNUS is done downloading all the files there should be a new folder created inside the 3DNUS folder with all your CIA files (f.e 9.5.0-23). Move that folder to the root of your SD card.
==Downloaded all the titles from this great list on page 23 (excluding the usual) with my attacthfile and
use with updatecdn use with commnadline : updatecdn.py -USA -nosort 9.0.0-20U.csv
https://gbatemp.net/threads/creating-a-north-american-non-xl-new-3ds.381775/page-23#post-5439123
8.Place the SD card back into your (N)3DS and boot emuNAND either using the Gateway launcher or CFW. Make absolutely sure you are on emuNAND!
9.Press select, mount DevMenu 6.22 and start it. When using CFW, simply start DevMenu directly from the home menu.
==before 10.Use FBI and delete Mii Maker, Streetpass Mii Plaza, and AR Games. (Note.you canfind title from>http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list)
10.In DevMenu, open the folder that you previously generated with 3DNUS. Hit L+R+A to install all files in the directory. Some will fail, don't worry. It's because the titles are already installed. DevMenu 6.2 will continue installing the rest of the files regardless (the old version doesn't). After installation is finished, close DevMenu and shut down your (N)3DS. Don't bother trying to boot emuNAND again, it won't work. We're gonna fix that now :) Place the SD card back into your card reader.

TAKE ALL STEP 3
1.From the "Tools" folder start emuNANDTool. Click "Extract EmuNAND" and save it inside the "Tools" folder. Name it emuNAND.bin.
2.After it's finished, drag the emuNAND.bin file on 1.dragNandDumpForFat16.bat and let it finish. This creates emuNAND.fat16.bin.
3.Double click 2.xor-emunand-fat16.bat. This will generate emuNAND.fat16.bin.out.
4.Now start WinImage. Hit File -> Open and select the emuNAND.fat16.bin.out file. It will ask you which partition to open, just hit OK. If it opens without any problems you did everything right up until this point :)
5.In WinImage, navigate to the rw/sys folder. Now drag and drop your NEW SecureInfo_A file into this directory, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the existing file. Hit OK and then hit File -> Save. Close WinImage.
6.Double click 3.xor

Steps 4
1.Use FBI, hit L until it says NAND, then hit R until it says "Delete Title".Delete all Japanese files .Note delete lastest word with J
2.Used BBM to install them all! (Obviously the already existing titles were skipped)
3.Reboot Profit

Attachments

• 9.0.0-20U.zip
    493 bytes · Views: 248

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Finally i fixed keyboard error in home
This guide i try to me for N3DS LL JP > USA
I push more some step let see in down
for me my method is EMUNAND JP 9.2

Note:I not start clean new install i use old my emunand that i alway use

Thanks Artemis-kun,DarkKaine,bobtheglob101,KhaderWelaye ,Gadorach and other who i don't write down this
===========================================================================================

Requirements
1.(N)3DS on 9.0 - 9.2
2.If using a N3DS: a copy of Cubic Ninja. Sorry guys, there's currently no other way
3.Gateway 3DS (or if using CFW, any emuNAND with a way to install CIA files will work)
4.Region Change Toolkit. Download here: http://109.163.233.168/RegionChangeKit.rar
5."SecureInfo_A" file for the desired region. Either dump it from another (N)3DS or find a "donor" file online (google). Make sure it is the right region or it will not work!
6.Gateway Launcher v3.2.2 (google).
7.DevMenu v6.2 (google).
8.WinHex (not sure if the free version works for our purposes, mine is licensed. Not like that will stop you ;) google it).
==9.updatecdn
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ds-fw-contents-create-installable-cia.375993/
u need coppy make_cdn_cia.exe in 3DNUS to this folder becouse in this folder not working

Step 1 - Generating the NAND Fat16 Xorpad.
Prepare
1.Copy the boot.3dsx file and the 3ds folder from the "FILES FOR N3DS ONLY" folder to the root of your SD card and insert it into your 3DS.
Go to http://smealum.net/ninjhax/ and follow steps 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7. If you already have a QR code for booting gateway you can delete it by holding L+R+X+Y in the main menu for 5 seconds.
Start Decrypt9 from the homebrew launcher and run the NAND Padgen.

STEP 2
1.Copy Launcher.dat from the Gateway v3.2.2 archive to the root of your SD card and insert it into your (N)3DS. Overwrite if prompted.
2.Copy DevMenu v6.2 to the root of the microSD that goes inside your Gateway red card.
If you are using CFW you should already have it because it's transferred from sysNAND and you can skip this step.
3.Use the DS Profile, Internet Browser, Ocarina of Time or Cubic Ninja exploit to start the Gateway Launcher.
If you previously used Cubic Ninja for the homebrew launcher and want to use it on the N3DS, simply delete the savedata by holding L+R+X+Y at the main menu and scan the new QR code from Gateway's web site.
4.Format emuNAND using the Gateway Launcher. When it's done, boot emuNAND and check if everything is working.
5.Power off your (N)3DS and insert the SD card in your card reader again.
6.From the Tools folder, open up 3DNUS. For Title ID enter the latest safe version.
At the time of writing this is 9.8.0-25 for 3DS and 9.5.0-23 for N3DS. For version, enter the region that you want to switch to (JAP/USA/EUR).
Tick either the Old 3ds or New 3ds option and also tick "pack as .CIA". Press the Download button.
==before 7.Be sure to exclude the following .cia's that begin with: 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130, 00040138, and 00048005 (Thanks michyprima!).
7.After 3DNUS is done downloading all the files there should be a new folder created inside the 3DNUS folder with all your CIA files (f.e 9.5.0-23). Move that folder to the root of your SD card.
==Downloaded all the titles from this great list on page 23 (excluding the usual) with my attacthfile and
use with updatecdn use with commnadline : updatecdn.py -USA -nosort 9.0.0-20U.csv
https://gbatemp.net/threads/creating-a-north-american-non-xl-new-3ds.381775/page-23#post-5439123
8.Place the SD card back into your (N)3DS and boot emuNAND either using the Gateway launcher or CFW. Make absolutely sure you are on emuNAND!
9.Press select, mount DevMenu 6.22 and start it. When using CFW, simply start DevMenu directly from the home menu.
==before 10.Use FBI and delete Mii Maker, Streetpass Mii Plaza, and AR Games. (Note.you canfind title from>http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list)
10.In DevMenu, open the folder that you previously generated with 3DNUS. Hit L+R+A to install all files in the directory. Some will fail, don't worry. It's because the titles are already installed. DevMenu 6.2 will continue installing the rest of the files regardless (the old version doesn't). After installation is finished, close DevMenu and shut down your (N)3DS. Don't bother trying to boot emuNAND again, it won't work. We're gonna fix that now :) Place the SD card back into your card reader.

TAKE ALL STEP 3
1.From the "Tools" folder start emuNANDTool. Click "Extract EmuNAND" and save it inside the "Tools" folder. Name it emuNAND.bin.
2.After it's finished, drag the emuNAND.bin file on 1.dragNandDumpForFat16.bat and let it finish. This creates emuNAND.fat16.bin.
3.Double click 2.xor-emunand-fat16.bat. This will generate emuNAND.fat16.bin.out.
4.Now start WinImage. Hit File -> Open and select the emuNAND.fat16.bin.out file. It will ask you which partition to open, just hit OK. If it opens without any problems you did everything right up until this point :)
5.In WinImage, navigate to the rw/sys folder. Now drag and drop your NEW SecureInfo_A file into this directory, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the existing file. Hit OK and then hit File -> Save. Close WinImage.
6.Double click 3.xor

Steps 4
1.Use FBI, hit L until it says NAND, then hit R until it says "Delete Title".Delete all Japanese files .Note delete lastest word with J
2.Used BBM to install them all! (Obviously the already existing titles were skipped)
3.Reboot Profit

so first download 9.x FW file using 3dsnus, and download again with updateCDN, and which file i must install to my emunand ?

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I actually tried to attempt this yesterday but nothing seems to be going right, since i'm using rxTools to access the emuNAND.
I already have secureinfo_A, so do I need to do step 1 and step 3? RainThunder said that step 3 is basically me injecting SecureInfo_A via rxTools.

What i've done so far is that:
  • I formated emuNAND via gateway launcher, booted into emuNAND with rxTools to test if it worked.
  • Downloaded 9.8.0-25J from 3DNUS, placed it in my SD card and put it back in my SD
  • Launched emuNAND via rxTools.
Now i'm stuck on step 2-9. I can't load bigbluemenu since it's not installed yet since I have to install the fbi cia, which I did do, but when I try to install bigbluemenu it says that the database does not exist (0x2b).
From what I read before in another thread is that I need title.db and import.db in the same folder as exdata in the Nintendo 3DS folder in my SD card, which I did, and i'm suppose to go into emuNAND, system settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software, and from there it should have asked me to rebuild those files, but it currently will not let me.

So what do I do from there? Since I can't install any cia's due to title.db and import.db not being able to rebuild itself?

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Okay so I actually tried to attempt this yesterday but nothing seems to be going right, since i'm using rxTools to access the emuNAND.
I already have secureinfo_A, so do I need to do step 1 and step 3? RainThunder said that step 3 is basically me injecting SecureInfo_A via rxTools.

What i've done so far is that:
  • I formated emuNAND via gateway launcher, booted into emuNAND with rxTools to test if it worked.
  • Downloaded 9.8.0-25J from 3DNUS, placed it in my SD card and put it back in my SD
  • Launched emuNAND via rxTools.
Now i'm stuck on step 2-9. I can't load bigbluemenu since it's not installed yet since I have to install the fbi cia, which I did do, but when I try to install bigbluemenu it says that the database does not exist (0x2b).
From what I read before in another thread is that I need title.db and import.db in the same folder as exdata in the Nintendo 3DS folder in my SD card, which I did, and i'm suppose to go into emuNAND, system settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software, and from there it should have asked me to rebuild those files, but it currently will not let me.

So what do I do from there? Since I can't install any cia's due to title.db and import.db not being able to rebuild itself?

if you have gateway
just boot with gateway launcher.dat
and use red gateway to launch fbi

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have gateway
just boot with gateway launcher.dat
and use red gateway to launch fbi
No I do not have gateway, I only have been using rxTools..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like, do I have to start over from scratch in order to region change? Or could I be in 9.8.0-25U in emuNAND and then install the cia files to update to the japanese one?
Or is this guide not possible with rxTools from where i'm stuck currently? :/

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
No I do not have gateway, I only have been using rxTools..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like, do I have to start over from scratch in order to region change? Or could I be in 9.8.0-25U in emuNAND and then install the cia files to update to the japanese one?
Or is this guide not possible with rxTools from where i'm stuck currently? :/

no, just install .cia, but you must resolve your fbi problem first.

9.0 for updatecdn but u can use 3dnus download but too slow updatecdn can download specific file that i delete for u

i already download 9.8 (o3ds) via 3dsnus, so i must use updateCDN again or not ?
and why we need to delet mii maker, streetpass mii plaza, and ar games ?

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, just install .cia, but you must resolve your fbi problem first.
The problem is how do I resolve my fbi problem? I know that when I did rxTools originally that I needed to put title.db and import.db in the same folder as exdata in the Nintendo 3DS folder in my SD card, which I did, and i'm suppose to go into emuNAND, system settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software, and from there it should have asked me to rebuild those files,

But since it's not asking me to rebuild those files, idk what to do currently :/, if those files did rebuild itself i'm pretty sure that my fbi problem would be fixed, but is there any way for those two files to rebuild itself, or do I need to go back and just rebuild them the original way with rxTools, copy and paste them on my computer and then start back over till I reach this point and paste those files back in the SD card, or does this not work?

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The problem is how do I resolve my fbi problem? I know that when I did rxTools originally that I needed to put title.db and import.db in the same folder as exdata in the Nintendo 3DS folder in my SD card, which I did, and i'm suppose to go into emuNAND, system settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software, and from there it should have asked me to rebuild those files,

But since it's not asking me to rebuild those files, idk what to do currently :/, if those files did rebuild itself i'm pretty sure that my fbi problem would be fixed, but is there any way for those two files to rebuild itself, or do I need to go back and just rebuild them the original way with rxTools, copy and paste them on my computer and then start back over till I reach this point and paste those files back in the SD card, or does this not work?

as i know, title.db and import.db must be in dbs folder(create new folder beside exdata) not in exdata folder

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i know, title.db and import.db must be in dbs folder(create new folder beside exdata) not in exdata folder
Where exatly is the dbs folder? I don't see it anywhere in the Nintendo 3DS folder on my SD card..
Are those files suppose to be pre-existing db files, or do I create new ones? As this is what I did when I installed rxTools previously.

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Where exatly is the dbs folder? I don't see it anywhere in the Nintendo 3DS folder on my SD card..
Are those files suppose to be pre-existing db files, or do I create new ones? As this is what I did when I installed rxTools previously.

go to nintendo 3ds folder/code1 folder/code2 folder/create new folder rename as dbs/make title.db and import.db
it will ask repair if you enter 3ds software management

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go to nintendo 3ds folder/code1 folder/code2 folder/create new folder rename as dbs/make title.db and import.db
it will ask repair if you enter 3ds software management
:V, this worked, i'll see if I can continue, though from what I said earlier, do I even need the nand.fat16.xorpad for step 1 and step 3 if I already have secureinfo_A japanese?

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
:V, this worked, i'll see if I can continue, though from what I said earlier, do I even need the nand.fat16.xorpad for step 1 and step 3 if I already have secureinfo_A japanese?

no just inject secureinfo_A via rxtools injection menu.
dont know if this will make different result in your region changed emunand

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no just inject secureinfo_A via rxtools injection menu.
dont know if this will make different result in your region changed emunand
I can only inject the secureinfo_a after i install the cia files of 9.8.0-25J correct? I tried to do it before but it didn't work and went to try secureinfo_b

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I can only inject the secureinfo_a after i install the cia files of 9.8.0-25J correct? I tried to do it before but it didn't work and went to try secureinfo_b

yes, because if you inject secureinfo first it will search for US system file, but found nothing and your emunand will be brick (blank screen).
dont know about failed injection, but check if secureinfo file name must be "secureinfo_A" as i know

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I went into rxTools > Injection Options > Inject NAND files > emuNAND > SecureInfo_A and got:
Injecting...
Error. Trying with SecureInfo_B
Error opening input file.

Press A to exit.

Any idea what happened here? I do have SecureInfo_A in the root of my SD card and it is the japanese secureinfo..

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Okay, so I went into rxTools > Injection Options > Inject NAND files > emuNAND > SecureInfo_A and got:

Any idea what happened here? I do have SecureInfo_A in the root of my SD card and it is the japanese secureinfo..

wrong again, you must put secureinfo_A in rxtools folder not in root of your sdcard

CharlesX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

i think i found some thread easy to switch for rxtool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2