Hacking [Guide] Amarokz Softmod Wii 4.2 Guide v1.0

ciscokiddd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I tried your suggestion and still no luck. When I go to launch bootmii my remote continues to become non-responsive. The root folder of my SD card looks like this:

apps folder
bootmii folder
config folder
private folder
wad folder
boot.elf
boot_wadmanager.dol
cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol
database
insaller

Am I missing something on my SD card/root folder in order for bootmii to launch the WAD 1.5? Why does my remote become non-responsive? Thanks so much for any help.

elmotactics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ciscokiddd said:
Ok. I tried your suggestion and still no luck. When I go to launch bootmii my remote continues to become non-responsive. The root folder of my SD card looks like this:

apps folder
bootmii folder
config folder
private folder
wad folder
boot.elf
boot_wadmanager.dol
cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol
database
insaller

Am I missing something on my SD card/root folder in order for bootmii to launch the WAD 1.5? Why does my remote become non-responsive? Thanks so much for any help.

Your wiimote won't work in bootmii. You either have to have a gamecube controller, or use the buttons on the wii itself. The Power button cycles through the menu, and Reset selects.

macduff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having trouble d/l cboot2. It tried a google search, but that didn't help. I've seen a torrent or 2 with it, but they look like older versions. Can someone make a torrent for it and provide the link here?

colic0

Trophies
XP
Country
I am also having the same problem and cannot find anywhere to download it
frown.gif

ciscokiddd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply. I used the power and reset buttons to navigate bootmii and load WAD 1.5 as well as the backup loaders. I get the error message "Failed to boot selected file". Does anyone have any other suggestions?

elmotactics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found myself in the same boat as everyone else, in that the cboot2 link doesn't work. I found one on google, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same one used in the guide, as there are some extra folders in the one I found. When I load the HBC and do Home>Launch Bootmii, the screen goes blank, and my wii just sits there with the blue light blinking on and off. The wiimote disconnects during this too. The problem I think is that in the guide, it says to extract all the cboot2 stuff in, then rename bootwadmanager.dol to boot.dol, but cboot extracts its own boot.dol into the root, so I can't rename it.

Anyone else have this problem?

crazyjoezx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stuck on page 9...

Ok so I renamed the needed files and load cIOS38_rev14

I left click untill i get to "do not reload ios"
and picked "network install"
After "Initializing Network"
I get "ERROR! (ret = -116) press any button to restart"

anyone know what error is "-116"?..is there a way to do this install from the SD not from the network?

I tried to look up this error but cant seem to find it anywhere so im pretty much stuck at this point
frown.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
crazyjoezx said:
Stuck on page 9...

anyone know what error is "-116"?..is there a way to do this install from the SD not from the network?

I tried to look up this error but cant seem to find it anywhere so im pretty much stuck at this point
frown.gif
you need IOS38-64-v3610.wad on the root of your sd card and you need to choose wad install

crazyjoezx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
crazyjoezx said:
Stuck on page 9...

frown.gif
you need IOS38-64-v3610.wad on the root of your sd card and you need to choose wad install
yep that fixed it! thanks:)

now im on page 8 with with the Dop-IOS
when its trying to look for IOS53 on line it doesnt go past "Initializing Network....." and the whole thing freezes
so im starting to think i have a issue with these apps getting on line on my net work..
either way i can just use NUSD to download these to a WAD like in step 1 in the guide for IOS249?

thanks again for the help!

EDIT:
I tired the NUSD work around but Dop-IOS said it still couldnt find the file on the SD ... I named it "IOS53.wad"

jimcatinnes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thanks so much for your guide its been a great help.

However i have hit a bit of a snag as I get error messages when i try to install with dop ios, 53 and 70 work until the end and then say something about a hash thingy (you can see i have no idea what im talking about, sorry
smile.gif
) and 55 just wont start, I tried moving on but with any title deleter 222 and 223 wont delete either it says it can't find the ticket.

any help will be apreciated thanks so much

James

moses19791998

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I need some help. I'm new to this Softmod stuff and have racked my brain for 2 days trying to get my backups to work on my USB thumb drive. I'm reading Amarokz Softmod Wii 4.2 guide v1.1 and get to Page 6 where it says to move the BootMii folder to the PC folder and remove the BootMii folder from the SD card. If I do this after unzipping the cboot2.rar and renaming the files, I get a black screen and flashing dvd drive on the Wii. I have tried leaving the BootMii folder on the SD card and can load BootMii from the HBC, but the cboot2 doesn't start after I load BootMii. It just sits at the screen with the four icons you can choose from. When I look at the pictures posted on the guide, they don't match up with what is being said in the text. If anyone can help me get past this point, I would appreciate it.

cywongkelvin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I am new member and I followed your steps for softmod of my Wii. When I get to Page 7 - Remove IOS 249 Stub with Wad Manager and cboot2. I pressed "Launch Bootmii, and when it loads cBoot2, it keep saying "failed to load boot.dol from front SD card reader." The Wii version is 4.2U.

Please help me out, thanks!
This is my Homebrew channle screen after installing HomeBrew, Bootmii as IOS, and DVDX.
2q8tyra.jpg

Then I put cboot2 on, and changed the names of 2 files, and launch Bootmii
jhc6eb.jpg

But I finally get this message
16lcrrk.jpg

cywongkelvin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
put the wadmanager boot.dol on the root of your sd card and try again

Thanks for your quick reply!
Can you explain it further?
You mean I should put the boot_wadmanager.dol back on my SD card?
Now I have:
The upper folder is on my SD card and the bottom one is the Amarkz -> SD Folder
23lktvl.jpg

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes you can do it from where you are email for the files and follow the modify 4.2 section skip the homebrew channel and nand backup steps and start from the TBR steps if you've already got he HBC and a nand backup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2