GTA:CW and Acekard2i AIO

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Puliaomu, Jul 16, 2009.

Jul 16, 2009

GTA:CW and Acekard2i AIO by Puliaomu at 3:36 AM (1,415 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Puliaomu
    OP

Newcomer Puliaomu Newbie

United States
    Sorry if this has already been posted, i have spent about 30 minutes now looking for the same problem and havent found it....

i'm using the 1.4.1 AIO w/ Acekard2i (as you woulda guessed from topic)... now i have found hundreds of people saying that the game freezes for them...but none say anything about looting the Ammunation box.... i can play the game for hours and not have a single problem/freeze, but in front of every house i own there is an ammunation box that if i accidentally walk into the game will freeze instead of picking up the box... i'm still messing around with things to find out why its doing it, and so far nothing has worked...(i mean using cheats and changing things around to try and loot the box).... my apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this on, i couldn't find any other that would be more relevant.... thanks for at least reading this far if nothing else.

2. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    What kind of SD card do you have? Slow cards often tend to have problems.

3. Puliaomu
    OP

Newcomer Puliaomu Newbie

United States
    Kingston + sandisk, have tried on both, same problem

4. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Have you tried reformatting the card with the official Panasonic formatter?

5. Puliaomu
    OP

Newcomer Puliaomu Newbie

United States
    i have, i noticed some games load a little faster, but still same problem with GTA:CW, this is the only game i have problems with too, all the others work flawlessly

6. wolfmanz51

Member wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

United States
    did you turn off soft reset, download and play, and Cheats doing this makes GTA run amazing on My acekard

7. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've never had that problem.

Try different DMA modes too. If you don't understand what i'm talking about, read the wiki.

8. bollocks

Member bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i would suspect that through some obscure glitch or other (maybe even one present in the original game, rather than an acekard problem) you have ended up with an ammunation box containing corrupted data, so when you run into it, it attempts to give you something that doesn't actually correspond to a weapon and the game freezes; this box with its non-weapon would be saved in your save data so whatever you try on the acekard end it'll still be there. unless you can get rid of it by hacking you save or some other means (im not sure if theres any means of disposing of an ammunation box, maybe by ordering from them again?)

9. Puliaomu
    OP

Newcomer Puliaomu Newbie

United States
    i've tried to buy another ammunations box but i cant do anything unti'l i pickup that one, im gonna keep trying... i love this game too much to just give up on it now

Tried all of those suggestions, any other DMA mode (and turning it off) the game just freezes when it tries to load the save, now i can't get past the flamethrower mission (the one where you have to steal the flatbed with the costume and breathe fire)

10. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    play past that point on an emu, save, and then continue play on the hardware.

-another world

11. Puliaomu
    OP

Newcomer Puliaomu Newbie

United States
    ....you know what... im gonna go.... ram my head on the wall for a little while... lol... thx AW

Well it was a good idea.... but i can't get the game to run on any emu but no$, and even then it won't load the .sav.... thx though

12. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i think you have to convert the save to raw, and change some settings in no$gba to use it and to save back as raw. then convert the raw to an ak2 format. use the shunyweb site.

-another world

13. bollocks

Member bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    hmm. i'm now getting a freeze before what i assume is the ending of the game, after killing MASSIVE SPOILER GUY at the end of the mission "salt in the wound", the screen just goes black and stays black. im currently in the process of trying all the usual shit but seeing as it requires completing the mission each time to see what happens, i might as well ask here if anyone else experienced that.

edit: for what its worth i've found this problem does not occur with the old non-dma mode, ie hold A while loading, text remains blue. all this happened using an a-data class 6 8gb card (factory formatted, i assume the factory formats according to the spec, i'm not having the problems associated with a windows format in any case so i've never felt the need to reformat it w/panasonic), acekard 2 original version and akaio 1.4.1 with latest loaders as of yesterday. if any of that is any use to anyone who maybe having the same problem.