Hacking GTA Chinatown Wars

NoirCX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i guess games with wifi are doomed on the DSX. Yeah i had a few slowdowns also, nothing you can do about it im afraid.

Neopath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure about this "all new games being doomed on the DSX" thing. I "arm7-fixed" Pokemon platinum and the Wi-fi works great. Actually I have a bunch of "new" (arm7 patched) games with working wi-fi. It seems to be a case of choosing the right arm7.bin file or something. I also noticed that results varies depending on the patching tool used. Some didn't work when using the "patient-donor folders" method but worked when using the "arm7fixa" method where you just drop the rom on the "arm7fixa" program icon and it creates a "ROM-arm7fixed.nds" copy in the same folder. Sometimes it's the other way around.

One thing I can tell you though: *all* the roms I have tried works when patched with the Mariokart arm7.bin. By "works" I don't mean "wi-fi works", I mean "It boots, It saves and it's playable". Trust me, I just bought my dsx from a friend and for the last two weeks I've been going through the 3500 roms (well, those that somewhat interest me,right?) trying them, patching them and whatnot and only 2 roms don't work. Rune factory 2 (white screen) and galaxy wars,although I just read yesterday on this forum that if you auto-boot on the cart it works. So make that ONE rom that doesn't work. I have a folder here with (as of now) 250 roms and they all boots, saves and are playable.

Anyhoooo, the fact that pokemon platinum wi-fi works leads me to think that there *is* a way to make them all work.We just need to find the right method.

NoirCX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmm let's hope there is because i for one would be glad. Hmm interesting that the wifi on platinum is working (didnt play it so didnt know). I've also had certain cases where the wifi wasen't broken but then again those were some older games. But what your saying about choosing the right arm7.bin could very well be true, some arm7.bins would maybe "not-break" the wifi on some games. Well i'll keep searching and testing because yeah despite everything i still love my DSX. XD

cozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I`ve modded the arm injector and it works for every game on the DS Xtreme(but not this game) here the links, just pop your copy of the nds game in the game folder and run the .exe it will give you the new nds game fixed!

http://rapidshare.com/files/236025632/NDS_Game_fixer.rar

image1mve.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over