Hacking GTA: Chinatown Wars freezing issues.

Silvermania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First post, hello. Sorry if I break a few rules with my post, but I don't think anything I say will be a problem. I just bought a CycloDS Evolution card from Red Hot Stuff with the 4GB kingston card. Pretty sweet! Got a ton of homebrew games and roms (over 55). I am made in the shade with my 1.54 update.
yaynds.gif

Every game works fine, saves work too, except one. I saw that GTA: Chinatown Wars (3538) has some compatibility problems with the CycloDS... mainly freezing issues. After four hours of gameplay I froze about 5 times, randomly... as if there was no reason. I am not on wi-fi or anything, just playing single player normally. Are there any solutions to this matter? I read about the new 1.55 beta update, but I am not a fan of betas.

And a random question, if I do upgrade my firmware and such does that delete or alter save game FILES or STATES?
wacko.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a common problem with the Cyclo (happens to me too). You'll have to find a patched version of the ROM or patch it yourself, that will stop the freezing. Try looking in the release thread for the patch.

QUOTE said:
No, they fixed it in 1.54
Nope, they fixed the black screen issue, not the freezing issue.

Silvermania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
No, they fixed it in 1.54, so I don't know why there's a problem... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141482

The problem might lie elsewhere...

And you do not lose anything when you update your firmware.

Edit: And don't you mean "RealHotStuff"?

Yes, I mean Real Hot Stuff. LOL, sorry. Anyway, I have been playing it all day today with Zero problems. Hmm... no clue. I guess I'll wait for the offical 1.55 update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag