GTA: Chinatown Wars freezing issues.

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Silvermania, Jun 5, 2009.

Jun 5, 2009
  1. Silvermania
    OP

Newcomer Silvermania Member

United States
    First post, hello. Sorry if I break a few rules with my post, but I don't think anything I say will be a problem. I just bought a CycloDS Evolution card from Red Hot Stuff with the 4GB kingston card. Pretty sweet! Got a ton of homebrew games and roms (over 55). I am made in the shade with my 1.54 update. [​IMG]

Every game works fine, saves work too, except one. I saw that GTA: Chinatown Wars (3538) has some compatibility problems with the CycloDS... mainly freezing issues. After four hours of gameplay I froze about 5 times, randomly... as if there was no reason. I am not on wi-fi or anything, just playing single player normally. Are there any solutions to this matter? I read about the new 1.55 beta update, but I am not a fan of betas.

And a random question, if I do upgrade my firmware and such does that delete or alter save game FILES or STATES? [​IMG]

2. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    No, they fixed it in 1.54, so I don't know why there's a problem... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141482

The problem might lie elsewhere...

And you do not lose anything when you update your firmware.

Edit: And don't you mean "RealHotStuff"?

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    It's a common problem with the Cyclo (happens to me too). You'll have to find a patched version of the ROM or patch it yourself, that will stop the freezing. Try looking in the release thread for the patch.

Nope, they fixed the black screen issue, not the freezing issue.

4. Silvermania
    OP

Newcomer Silvermania Member

United States
    Yes, I mean Real Hot Stuff. LOL, sorry. Anyway, I have been playing it all day today with Zero problems. Hmm... no clue. I guess I'll wait for the offical 1.55 update.