Hacking GrandSlamTennis USB MotionPlus Instructional Video = Wii Menu

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Motion Plus works perfectly through USB Loader GX, aside from the video resetting the Wii. It should be noting that the same thing happens with TigerWoods if you try to watch the video. Also Tiger Woods is almost 1:1 and leagues better than the horrible Grand Slam Tennis.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
delt31 said:
2) Explanation of holding the remote - I am holding it like a remote control. It is vertical (not sideways), with the A button facing up (towards the ceiling) and the sensor portion pointing right at the tv. That's correct right? Maybe I am trying to play it to realistic (going low to high, high to low) but damn this thing is not repsonsive.

That would be because you are holding the wiimote wrong ... A button face up but the front of the wiimote points out to the side NOT at the TV. The side of the Wiimote should be 'pointing' at the TV. If you're playing it realistically ... why do hold a tennis raquet out in front of you ?? Surely you hold it out to the side ?
wink.gif

QUOTE(delt31 @ Jun 10 2009, 12:36 PM) And for calibration - that's not true. They say (in the video) to place it on table and let it sit for 3 seconds if wm+ becomes unstable.

All the reviews I have read say you connect the WM+ then hold the Wiimote still for 2-3 seconds.

maxdaling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the record, I'm trying Virtua Tennis right now, and I'm getting much better results... so I'm thinking either I just suck at Grand Slam, or the controls are harder to use. Virtua Tennis seems to work very nicely with motion plus. I like that it doesn't have button presses for lobs and drop shots.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh. Virtua Tennis wasn't made to support WM+ was it? Are you saying you'd rather just play with standard wii controls than WM+?
EDIT: I stand corrected. Sorry, I didn't know this supported WM+...

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played both games now and although I don't have M+ yet I can clearly say that Grand Slam provides a smoother game of tennis. Virtua Tennis is pretty good but is not quite as intuitive, and there are some major framerate drops during matches with large stadiums and when playing with more than one player. Saying that, the career mode is miles better in VT09.

littleshinobi520

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so let me get this straight i dont need to change anything to play this game with motion plus. all i need to do is hold the remote right to get the almost 1:1. also i dont need wm+ to play it.

ps. does this work on the back uploader

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, conclusion:

- GST wasn't the right launch title for WM+ because it does not use all of it's power (is not 1:1), Wii Sports Resort should be the launch title for WM+, because it uses all it's power like Wii Sports for Wii Remote (but the game is great once you get use to controls, forget Wii Sports Tennis btw)

- WM+ works ok with the Usb Loader if you want to reduce loading times, but there's a problem with the instruction video but does not have any effect on the game anyway

- Tiger Woods 2010 is 1:1 and works great, according to most people and reviews

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I get the same problem with the video not playing and jumping back to the system menu in GST, Virtua Tennis and Tiger Woods.
What's going on? This is weird.

They work from disc, well at least GST does, not tried the others. I'm assuming it's the same video. It just shows how to connect and disconnect the M+ and the nunchuck, etc
It looks like it reboots the wii to play the video from disc as after the video has played it loads the game up again with health warning etc.

dope_X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so its only the instruction video that doesnt work in GST and Virtua Tennis 09?
but the games are working with usb-loader and wm+ ?
are the videos already on youtube?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
lenitao said:
- GST wasn't the right launch title for WM+ because it does not use all of it's power (is not 1:1), Wii Sports Resort should be the launch title for WM+, because it uses all it's power like Wii Sports for Wii Remote (but the game is great once you get use to controls, forget Wii Sports Tennis btw)

You may have a point there BUT ... GST not being true 1:1 is not a fault of the game. EA did it deliberately so that the game fitted in with their "All Play" ethic. Wii Sports Resort wasn't the launch title as it was running way behind schedule apparently and EA didn't want to miss the Wimbledon cash-in revenue.

QUOTE(lenitao @ Jun 11 2009, 08:30 AM) - Tiger Woods 2010 is 1:1 and works great, according to most people and reviews

Only got my Motion+ plus about 10 minutes ago (so haven't used it yet) but, yes, TW2010 is almost true 1:1 apparently
smile.gif

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
You need to patch the ISO to use IOS249 instead of whatever the default is and then run it in a disc loader. It won't run via USB even with the patching because the IOS reload kills the USB ports.

Can you please explain how exactly you patch the iso to use IOS249?

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KTroopA said:
FenrirWolf said:
You need to patch the ISO to use IOS249 instead of whatever the default is and then run it in a disc loader. It won't run via USB even with the patching because the IOS reload kills the USB ports.

Can you please explain how exactly you patch the iso to use IOS249?

you dont need to patch, the game plays fine with wm+ only that stupid instruction video doesnt play on all 3 games...I am enjoying GST a lot now. I tried the game with and without the wm+. you can clearly see the difference. With the wm+ you can twist the racket in the player's hands,a and also move your racket position up and down while hitting the ball.

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe it works with the alternate dol trick via USBLoaderGX or neogamma. GST has a player.dol inside the folder "sys\mpls_movie". gotta try it tonite

Edit: Yeah, it sure does run.

How to do it: Extract the file player.dol from the ISO's partition 2 (it's inside the path i stated above), rename it to R5TE69.dol and put it inside a folder named "dol" in your SD (or whatever path the dolpath you've configured USBLoaderGX) Using USBloaderGX, enable alternate dol loading. Then just load the game and it will boot straight into the video.

But don't say i didn't warn you, the video is crap.
hate2.gif

giorgosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Has anyone managed to run the game from a burnt DVD and not from USB Disc? Burnt it twice and freezes on main screen using the neoloader
frown.gif

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to watch that horrible video while playing from a USB hard drive, just select player.dol at the Alternative Dol menu. Works with Configurable USB Loader.

After wasting 3 minutes of your life, you will be taken back to the Wii Menu. Then you can turn off alternative dol loading and play as normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?