Not open for further replies.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hate they way they just blame it on the game that the kids, according to the obviously visible rating on the box, SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN PLAYING!!!!

It's either the parents fault for letting them play it, or the store's fault for selling it to them.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that says that videogames are not involved is looking at all the people who play these games and DON'T commit crimes and violence. I've played some violent games and I think (although you be the judge of this) I'm not such a bad guy. So the question is: Why do only certain people who play these games commit violent acts?

The answer is that these people who commit acts of violence are inherently evil regardless of games. You don't see anyone attacking a cutting knife's presence in the world just because some people commit violent crimes with them. The same goes for anything I could pick up and use as a weapon (wrenches, metal pipes, screwdrivers, rope, whatever). It's the people who use them that are bad, not the knife or utensil. The same is true of videogames.

But I am all for getting these kids to stop playing these games that they clearly can't handle maturely. But that is the parent's fault.

Knarf

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That's mufed up, I love cats.
frown.gif

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well when I was younger I played Violent video games and as a Child I had violent tendencies, more then a normal child would encounter. Though they were not the result of the video games or the TV shows I watched as a child. (Although a baby sitter of mine let me watch the exorcists at the age of 5 but that is a story for another time) Where I am getting to here is that far to many children are diagnosed with things they should not. What I mean is so many children are pumped full of Ritalin which for kids who do not need such a medication are being pumped full of it... It can actually make them much worse while they are on the medication.

Pumping kids with Methylphenidate's because they are hyper is not right, many kids do not need these medications as they are just being kids. Some times they are being given to kids because the parents are unfit to be raising children and in other cases which would be the case for me is the doctor(s) mislead the patient and the parents.

Back to my little story was funny how about 7 years of being bullshitted they say hey you do not have this you actually have this... This went on for about 2 years switching from medication to medication. I stop cold and ever since for the most part everything has been much better then being on those medications. You may wish to say I was just a fluke but the thing is that it is happen all the time especially with the case of medicating with Methylphenidate's for ADD and ADHD when they really do not need it as they are just being kids.

In the case of depression and bipolar, it is even worse. Many kids are being put on antidepressants and I am sure some need it. One of these antidepressant they often use is called prozac (now named Fluoxetine I believe?) which when it works is great. One of the side affect which does not get brought up often by the prescribing doctor is the patient (in this case young kids and teens) might have suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Even if it is covered they do not take the time that should be needed for such a major side effects. They also do not tell you that these side effects are increased in the younger users.

I am sure I could go on but I will stop my wall of text here.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Im sick and tired of little shit heads behaving in a fkn disgusting way towards animals.. Its not right.. If I saw someone being cruel to an animal like that, Id find myself up on murder charges... Im just that kind of guy I guess.. Im just tired of little areswipes doing this and then blaming it on Games.. Its just sickening..

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quoted from Kristian Wilson who works at Nintendo:

QUOTE said:
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hang one kid, stone the other.

The Bible does say "an eye for an eye."

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
quoted from Kristian Wilson who works at Nintendo:

QUOTE said:
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
Does that mean that ravers have all played PacMan for too long?
tongue.gif

Nothing more to say here apart from careless parents. A controller is just as convenient as a rope, although arguably more useful/expensive.
Nothing to do with games, when said '8 year-olds' begin raping girls off the street, then blame GTA...
unsure.gif

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
I'd love to hang those muthahangers kids.
Curley5959 said:
If I saw someone being cruel to an animal like that, Id find myself up on murder charges.
m3rox said:
Hang one kid, stone the other.
QUOTE(Brian117 @ Dec 6 2008, 12:45 AM)
Those bastards deserve to die.

Yes, that would solve the problem. More violence to combat violent acts that are being attributed to violent video games.

I just can't figure out where these kids are getting this from...
unsure.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117: Can we please keep the death-wishes to a minimum, for now?
I respect your opinion,
but hatred breeds only hatred.

Let us walk a mile in their moccasins before we pass judgment.

EDIT: And Prophet said it even better.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't express my opinions?

Fine, here's an updated trolled version.

Oh my God. How could they do such a thing! I hope God forgives their sins and they live happily ever after.

And besides, it's not like they're going to actually die over one stupid post people made.

Be realistic.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
That is really fxcking sad....

They better get some kind of punishment,

They're kids ffs
We all did something wrong when we are kids, influenced by something or another.

If you guys continue with these awful, violent message I'll have to close the discussion.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPH said:
Brian117 said:
That is really fxcking sad....

They better get some kind of punishment,

They're kids ffs
We all did something wrong when we are kids, influenced by something or another.

If you guys continue with these awful, violent message I'll have to close the discussion.

You brutally killed an innocent baby animal? I didn't think so. Doesn't matter how old the person is, they're messed up in the head.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Killing children who were not brought up right will not solve anything. Punishing the parents (and not with death...) for what the kids did as they should have been keeping a closer eye on them which in return might get parents to start actually watching after their own kids which are their responsibility, and if parents are just unable to do that a foster home might be where they are better off. I myself dislike foster homes and wish their were less and their would be less if parents had the responsibility to raise the children they brought into this world but if they are unable to I think they are an ok alternative.

Worst case I think the children should be forced to go to consoling and some therapy along with the parents. At that age kids understand what right and wrong is, however they do not know everything that IS right and wrong. In this case I am sure their was prior abuse to the animals which the kids could have very well thought was playful. I am sure if the parents were actually parenting they would have saw what was going on and could have stepped in and this all could have been prevented.

Now when it comes to those 16 year old Canadians who microwaved a cat I really think they should have been punished as at that age they know what they did was wrong and by the court system allowing it they are just looking for others to offend.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
they should be punished! i've played GTA on psp* going around killing people only, didnt see any animals. and there's no strangling or whut ever above, maybe, just maybe....

YOUTUBE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-