Gaming Grand Theft Auto CW gameplay discussion

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think i'm probably going to pick this up retail wise, its really good so far, its like GTA1 meets GTA4.

How the hell do you pull wheelies on bikes though? Theres stats for it and ive tried pressing pretty much every button/dpad combo but it just wont wheelie, i've tried a few bikes too, anyone had any luck?

Edit: Also what are the blue swirly things for? (i'm not too far in but they've caught my attention/curiosity a couple of times and walking/driving through them did nothing)

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
I've clocked up 9 hours on this game since yesterday and I'm absolutely loving it. The drug dealing could be released on its own as a game and it would still be great.

I just love to sell some coke and shoot some cops, does that make me a bad person?!

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Snave2008 said:
I've clocked up 9 hours on this game since yesterday and I'm absolutely loving it. The drug dealing could be released on its own as a game and it would still be great.

I just love to sell some coke and shoot some cops, does that make me a bad person?!
s'long as you don't copy it
tongue.gif
or become a chav, I won't mow ya down in mah cop car... oh noes I'm becoming one D:

some bish actually shouted 'RAPE!' at me when I ran her over during a chase. The cheek...

FakeHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's so much f**king cops in this game it pisses me off.
I can barely get away with stealing a car w/o getting a star
sleep.gif

And when i bump into a cop car, there goes another star.

yawnjovi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those with lag and multiplayer-freeze problems, I think the patch is responsible. I was getting low frame rates and black textures with the patched rom. The game even crashed when I was driving around on the M3 Real Sakura.

I AB tested the patched rom (in patch mode + speed patch) with the clean rom (in clean mode) on my SCDS1 and the difference is immense. The latter was so much smoother.
The clean rom also runs perfectly fine on the AK2.1 using the latest AKAIO

The cheat code fix runs smooth on the SCDS1 and turning on DMA seems to help as well. RTS works great too. I will burn through the game in no time with RTS
biggrin.gif

I havn't tried the cheat code fix on the M3 Real yet, and I don't think I am going to...

Multiplayer
Those of you who thought the two locked icons were some kind of locked multiplayer modes will be disappointed. The icons are just for ammu-nation (gun shop) and trade info about the drug market.

In essence, there are two multiplayer modes: TRADE MODE and GAME MODE.

Trade Mode is lets you chat with a virtual key board, trade guns/drugs and share favourite locations on the map.

Game Mode has a bunch of two player games involving killing shit, stashing drugs and racing cars.

You can only play trade mode in WIFI. You can also upload your stats in WIFI.

You can play game mode and trade mode in local wireless.

Random Observations
The game says random stuff when you close and open your DS lid.

You can hail a taxi by whistling/blowing into the mic OR holding the X button. This is a great way to get around town and deal drugs efficiently.

The stun-gun can light people on fire if you keep zapping them.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play the Flatliner mission yet? Wow, now that's M-rated!
wacko.gif
Sure, there's plenty of cursing, condoms...and even a dildo here and there. But, dude, ripping a man's heart out -- literally. Ouch! That was a pretty gruesome scene. I guess it's the idea of seeing it on DS that is so weird.

@ Syao4: There is multiplayer.

noammax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats wierd. I have been playing the game for a couple of hours and I cant find my life bar!
Its nowhere to be seen. Where is it supposed to be??? Does this mean Im invincible??? Why do I have so many questions???
wacko.gif

kezlehan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
noammax said:
Thats wierd. I have been playing the game for a couple of hours and I cant find my life bar!
Its nowhere to be seen. Where is it supposed to be??? Does this mean Im invincible??? Why do I have so many questions???
wacko.gif

Bottom Screen, round the left of your map
smile.gif

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yawnjovi said:
To those with lag and multiplayer-freeze problems, I think the patch is responsible. I was getting low frame rates and black textures with the patched rom. The game even crashed when I was driving around on the M3 Real Sakura.

I havn't tried the cheat code fix on the M3 Real yet, and I don't think I am going to...

This is why I dont like patches, I never froze with touchpod but I did get horrible black spots ahead of me where I was driving where the game hadn't loaded textures, I also noticed cars disappeared pretty much the second they went off the screen. I swapped to the code fix and a clean ROM and it runs much better.

QUOTERandom Observations
The game says random stuff when you close and open your DS lid.

You can hail a taxi by whistling/blowing into the mic OR holding the X button. This is a great way to get around town and deal drugs efficiently.

Yep, I've had it say "welcome back to the party" and a few other things I can't remember at the moment.

Also a note on taxi's, the yellow light has to be on on the roof, I know a few people have said they can't get into taxis and this might be why.

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noammax said:
wacko.gif

You can also go into the menu and in the setting there is an option to add a life bar to the top screen, just thought you'd like to know. Good luck killing people.
bow.gif
nds.gif
bow.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodangel said:
there is multiplayer..but only limited to trading/chatting on wifi
frown.gif

No, I believe it's a lot deeper than that. But it's already been mentioned, I believe, in this thread. Just check back a few pages.

luls2max

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, GTACTW has been awesome soo farr
yaynds.gif

Probably the best thing I've ever played on my ds.
Anyways....
I've been wondering.. how do ya steal the ammunation trucks
that pass by... I try to hijack them but there doors are locked
mad.gif

I really want to take their goods!
smileipb2.png

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yawnjovi said:
Multiplayer
Those of you who thought the two locked icons were some kind of locked multiplayer modes will be disappointed. The icons are just for ammu-nation (gun shop) and trade info about the drug market.

In essence, there are two multiplayer modes: TRADE MODE and GAME MODE.

Trade Mode is lets you chat with a virtual key board, trade guns/drugs and share favourite locations on the map.

Game Mode has a bunch of two player games involving killing shit, stashing drugs and racing cars.

You can only play trade mode in WIFI. You can also upload your stats in WIFI.

You can play game mode and trade mode in local wireless.

For those that missed it. (i wonder how, it's on the last page)

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
when i close and open my ds... it dont say anythin... is it because im using the patched rom and not the cheat code?

Posts merged

those are the MP WiFi that i said... trade and chat over WiFi.. but irpacynot said its deeper than that

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the fact you can swim in water so you don't just die when some crazy mofo runs you off a cliff. Only thing I dislike about this game is the Camera Angle, I was hoping for more of a first person view instead but the game is still fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?