Hacking Grand Knights History English Patch Alpha (looking for help)

Maxtram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey I was wondering if it's possible to start a server so us americans can play online to fight for the continent instead of offline. There's gotta be a way to hack the game to get the online mode to connect to a different IP address possibly?

have you tried the PRO Online mode with GKH yet? i dont know if it has support for GKH

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter if we can go online or not (Vanillaware shut down the servers last Sept). In the past I had to use JP proxy servers, the major selling point of the game was the online battle for Lystia or Rystia, but as fun as it was to test my new parties against other players parties, move chess pieces around to strategically attack certain regions, get access to new weapons not available in single-player but equip them to your single player party; what bothered me was a country could take over almost the entire continent except the capital regions so the war never ended with a definite winner. It would have been great if you could have taken over the continent and ended the war even earlier before it restarted and perhaps get even more rewards for either knocking out an entire country or taking over the world. After awhile the rinse and repeat of the online wars gets a lil repetitive and basically turns into grinding. That's why I wanted to play the storyline even though SP was sposed to be about grinding your party before sending them off to the war. But if we could get into the coding for where the servers connect, I know that gbatemp had their own server before, we could donate to start it back up, and have our own wars ENGLISH SPEAKING STYLE! Also what bothered me about MP is you could make friends etc, but there was no way to communicate with them. So basically you could follow and track them and fight with or against them but never communicate, unless there was some JP settings I missed in MP. Still think it would be fun since I was literally the only American out of a handful to play online.

justfuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you start a new game if you already have a save file? i mean it loads the saved file as soon as the game loads and it won't even ask you if that's what you want. :S
So any other way besides deleting the save from the stick?
Unfortunately, I do believe that is what you have to do to start a new game.

Hey I was wondering if it's possible to start a server so us americans can play online to fight for the continent instead of offline. There's gotta be a way to hack the game to get the online mode to connect to a different IP address possibly?
I think the online portion of this game is essentially dead. Personally, I don't think it's possible to create a GKH server without knowing what the GKH server actually did.

Also, although the text for online mode is technically completed, it wasn't tested and it isn't my intention to complete it since again, I think the online mode of this game is dead.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So retarded Gamefaqs took away the topics I started about your translation in the GRAND KNIGHTS HISTORY forum. I also put it in the Dragon's Crown forum since they're Vanillaware lovers too and gamefaqs deleted that...

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
3K Model, 6.60 PRO-C2 fix(2 or 3, not sure) with several plugins activated.
I played for almost 4 hours straight, no problems detected. :lol:

Belmondo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Great patch justfruit, thanks for your hard work and everyone else involved with getting this done. Its a very cool game. Tested on pspGo 6.20 pro-c2 fix. I am looking forward to your final release.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, how many endings or ending variations does this game have?

In an amazing display of stupidity, for some unfathomable reason, Vanillaware made the mind-boggling design choice to lock the last chapter, final bosses, story closure and endings behind multiplayer. Which was IP-restricted to Japanese players until last year when they closed up the servers.
They were not willing to:
a) maintain the servers
b) insert the fully-translated Xseed script in the game
which led ultimately to the cancellation of all Western releases.

You'll have to hack your way somehow to see those bosses and endings.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In an amazing display of stupidity, for some unfathomable reason, Vanillaware made the mind-boggling design choice to lock the last chapter, final bosses, story closure and endings behind multiplayer. Which was IP-restricted to Japanese players until last year when they closed up the servers.
a) maintain the servers

To bad someone can not bring out a patch to unlock those hint hint :O

justfuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a) maintain the servers

I don't know if there are special "endings" per say in multiplayer.

In single player, there are three kingdoms to choose from. All of them follow the same main storyline, but there are minute differences in the main story quests. For example, there are quests where you have to sneak into both opposing country home territories. Needless to say, you will never see the quest where you have to "infiltrate" your own home territory. All three kingdom storylines merge back into one final ending.

Not having played any multiplayer whatsoever, I can't say for certain if there are any scenes unique to online. Looking through the game's assets, I don't see anything. My understanding was that the online mode was cyclic. You play with other people on the same world map and try to capture territories for the kingdom you fight for. After some time, the map would reset and a new war begins, where you again fight for territories. Maybe someone who's played online can clarify better.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've ran into a problem involving the skillbooks to learn that'll change your formations. I don't know if it is because of me using CWcheats and breaking the game (to catch up to where I left off), or if it is from the patch itself. I've noticed accidently that since I enabled unlimited training, I didn't use my first permit, which therefore didn't advance me through the learning segment of the game. So I'm curious if there's a specific event or permit or quest etc that you must unlock to be able to unlock the skillbook under items/quest... Does anybody know specifically when I assume it's Liscia tells you about using new formations?

Also I didn't know even during the first 2 english patches what exactly the flags(medals) and everything else listed there (like the Bless Coins) were for. Now I know that the different banners are for formations or something else I think, but it's awesome to know what the quest items are for although I would like to use the books to switch to something else besides vanguard shift.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as my experience for MP goes it was pretty much exactly what I described in page 3 except that the parties you sent off to war would be played as NPCs which the people in Japan or anybody playing MP would be fighting against when they took their group to war. Also I believe you could have up to 16 soldiers fighting in the war and you could control one group and take them to the front (they would be a chess piece along with see all the other chess pieces moving around and fighting who were your allies and enemies). The front(s) would be where they colided and there would be a lil tower on fire I believe to show you where fighting was (you had multiple choices which front and battle you would want to send them to). The other 3 groups you would gear up and tell them wear to go and they would fight wherever you ordered them (liscia would usually tell you which front was winning/losing/needed more reinforcements). At the end of a round everybody would come back and you would gain hopefully and sh*tload of XP from all your soldiers, as well as restock and buy new sometimes cool and rare items and equipment etc.. . If you were lazy you could also send all 4 to play as NPCs on your behalf and check back after the end of the round. I forgot how many rounds were in a war but they were like 45 or 60 mins a peice and I think it was 1 war every 24 hours or so.... Also you would never fight against another player in realtime, you would only be fighting the parties that they created and sent to war. It was cool to watch all the chess peices jump around.

justfuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know specifically when I assume it's Liscia tells you about using new formations?

I'm not sure I understand the problem. You don't have to use the tactics scrolls to unlock the formation. Once you have it in your inventory, the formation is available to you (or should be). Also, as far as I can tell, there's no way to reliably get the tactic scrolls. I think I found one in a blue treasure chest once, which is a spawnable generic loot container. Others I've obtained from the King/Queen.

Can you post a screenshot of your items that lists your tactic scrolls and the "Form" screen from the main menu?

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NM I got it now, it's been awhile since I played and since everything is in english there was some confusion. Basically when you're at the capital the Skills section is greyed out, however you can access it on the map. And it's like vice versa for the items you pick up that let you change formations. Since they were grayed out I didn't know how to access them but on the map or capital I can change battle formations. It was just a lil confusing because I thought I would have had to click on them under items to unlock them but they're just automatically there. Just getting used to playing it in FULL ENGLISH LoL!

Also because I didn't use my first permit but used cwcheats to use a different one I didn't get access to specific game events that I should have earlier which was my bad too.

NinjaRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for this justfuit!! I've got a compressed version of 1.2a running on my PSP-3004 PRO-B10 with no problems. I'm playing through the game atm so I'll keep an eye on the text for any mistakes for you

D

Deleted User

Got my account on this site only to tell you a BIG THANKS YOUUUUUUUU! :D I was really wanting to play this game, I found out in the same day it was planned for release in English and the fact they have deleted it. So now that someone makes a patch I'm really like "WOW". I try it as soon as possible, as long as I can see not only the menus but also the story in English I don't care if there are little mistakes.

senpoRiot

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having this problem when patching the GKH.CPK

My GKH has been patched (v2.2.5).

Attachments

• xdelta.png
    xdelta.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 353

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?