Hacking Grand Knights History English Patch Alpha (looking for help)

justfuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear you guys are running into so many problems. I'm scratching my head on this one. I started playing the game myself, but I haven't encountered any of these issues.

I compressed the patched .cpk so that the xdelta patch would be smaller, but I'm wondering if the compression is causing the problems. To reduce the chances of things going wrong, I have an uncompressed patch for you guys here (and on the original post). Please try out the uncompressed version and let me know the results.

Hiboux

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome job Jusfruit, i really wanna try this game patched on my psp but for some reason i can't open the x delta, when i click on the exe i just got a black screen and then it closes "/ If some kind soul want to upload the patched ISO for me and others guys who want to play/test would be really helpful.

justfuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome job Jusfruit, i really wanna try this game patched on my psp but for some reason i can't open the x delta, when i click on the exe i just got a black screen and then it closes "/ If some kind soul want to upload the patched ISO for me and others guys who want to play/test would be really helpful.
xdelta is a command line tool. If you're using Windows, you have to open Command Prompt and use the cd command to change the directory to the patch contents, then run the commands in the README file. Running those commands will create the patch .cpk and .bin files, when you then need to put into the .iso with UMDGen.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
EDIT: Nvm, UMDGen is bad for repacking and PPSSPP has issues with the game atm, gonna report that.

EDIT: It seems the translation is breaking the game on PPSSPP, the game works fine when its not translated.

EDIT: Too much edits.... its not the translation its the game.

Nyeslek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested the first patch on a PS vita TN-V 8 and it works, even got past the first tutorial.

BRz3v9A.png

XUBYKkE.png

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compressed patch gets stuck on the white screen, uncompressed works perfect.

I ran into a similar problem with Fate/Extra CCC, where choosing Try Compression in Cri Packed File Maker causes it to get stuck very early in the game. Some games you just can't use that setting. :/

Hiboux

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xdelta is a command line tool. If you're using Windows, you have to open Command Prompt and use the cd command to change the directory to the patch contents, then run the commands in the README file. Running those commands will create the patch .cpk and .bin files, when you then need to put into the .iso with UMDGen.

Thanks for Nyeslek who helped me with the patch and the ISO, works perfect for me too, i use a psp 3004 with PRO B 10, and it worked on my psp brother too, a 2001.

D

Deleted User

White screen of death after tutorial solved using uncompressed patch. :grog:
Thanks!

justfuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, looks like uncompressed is the way to go. Thanks to everyone for trying it out.

Also, I have to apologize but those who have downloaded the uncompressed patch will have to redownload it. I use a script to build the patch and found that one of the original Japanese files snuck in there instead of the translated one.

This should be the last patch until major proof-read changes.

D

Deleted User

Alright, looks like uncompressed is the way to go. Thanks to everyone for trying it out.

Also, I have to apologize but those who have downloaded the uncompressed patch will have to redownload it. I use a script to build the patch and found that one of the original Japanese files snuck in there instead of the translated one.

This should be the last patch until major proof-read changes.
Ok no biggie, at least you found the error yourself, i'm so glad you are numbering this releases... so 1.2a is the definite good patch for now.

Is these patch mostly translated (menu's, tutorials etc.)?
Everything! :)

Reactions: Hiboux

justfuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, you mean including all the story?
Yes, everything is translated, although there might be some awkward phrasing here or there. That's because all the translation was done by pulling out all the text, then having my translator translate it. Without knowing who said what and the context, some things are a bit difficult to translate.

Edit: xdelta not working just close when I double click it
You have to use xdelta from the command line. I'm going to assume you're using Windows.

1. Create a folder called "gkhpatch" on the Desktop
2. Download xdelta and patch file
3. Extract patch file to "gkhpatch" and move xdelta into "gkhpatch"
4. Open UMDGen and open the Japanese GKH .iso and extract the files GKH.CPK and OVERLAY_MO4UMD.BIN under PSP_GAME\USRDIR to the "gkhpatch" folder
5. In "gkhpatch", create a new folder called "Patched"
6. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt
7. Type: cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\gkhpatch
8. Type: xdelta3-3.0.8.x86-64 -d -s GKH.CPK GKH.xdelta Patched\GKH.CPK
9. Type: xdelta3-3.0.8.x86-64 -d -s OVERLAY_MO4UMD.BIN OVERLAY_MO4UMD.xdelta Patched\OVERLAY_MO4UMD.BIN
NOTE: Steps (8) and (9) vary depending on which version of xdelta you downloaded. Use the tab key to auto-complete when you start "xdel"
10. Drag the files under the Patched folder into UMDGen under PSP_GAME\USRDIR and replace the files
11. Save as .iso

MrShyCity

Member Class Zero - No.00 SHY
Trophies
Website
shypsp.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I got it working by using xdeltaUI
Bug: When I finished the tutorial I got a black screen
I'm going to try it again maybe it's because I have other plugin enable

Thanks

Edit: Okay that work I just have to disable all of my game plugin except gkhpatch.prx
PSP 1k 6.60 ME-1.8

Maxtram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The download is gone / disabled.
its just so many people are downloading the patch.

just wait sometime and download after that or someone need to upload it on other server. i recomend MEGA for anything

i want to try it out too so i will just wait

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone