PS1/2 Gran Turismo 4 Video Output doesn't work well, and Aspect Ratio does nothing at all

PGJoel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, this is my first time posting here so sorry if this post isn't perfect.

A while ago I got some component cables for the PlayStation 2 and I've just now got around to using them. I tried using them for Gran Turismo 4 and they something isn't working right, as the Aspect Ratio does absolutely nothing. 16:9 looks exactly the same as 4:3, I measured it and everything.

Video Output on the other hand is even stranger because changing it from Normal to HDTV (1080i) completely screws up the picture to the point of where it actually looks better in Normal mode. I included photos however they aren't perfect representations of what it looks like in person. (Bad camera) It's about the same effect when using Progressive (480p) except it isn't quite as bad with that.

Also even if I hit OK to confirm it just goes back to Normal mode anyways. Does anyone know what causes this? I'm using a Vizio TV which does support both 1080i and 480p. I have checked the cables several times to make sure all the plugs were in the right sockets and all connected accordingly. I have also set up the console to use the component cables from the system menu. Does anyone have any advice? I'd like to know.
image3.jpg
1080i.jpg

Thanks!
480i.jpg

PGJoel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so now that I've made a permanent post on the Web I seemed to have sorta solved my problem. It looks like the game switches over to 1080i once you've exited the menu. I still have no idea why the menu glitches up like that when you select it though. Sorry!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Tried XDefiant it's mrh