Gow2 vs Dmc3

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by SixSenseEagle, Sep 14, 2012.

Sep 14, 2012

Gow2 vs Dmc3 by SixSenseEagle at 12:30 AM (617 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

God of war 2 vs Devil May Cry 3 SE

I used to love Dmc3 SE until it broke, and one day I bought a game called God of war 2 for a replacement and I was so happy, it gave me a chill that no other person could have, but Now I just got Dmc 3 SE back, and now it just give me a okay feel. it just wasn't the game I liked before. When I playing Dmc3 SE before It gave me a Final fantasy X-2 Feel (Meaning Awesome) But now it gives me just a eh feel... I wish I had that old feeling again, but anyway now its your turn which one did you like the most, and which one would you recommend, and what feeling did it give you when you played them. (But this is only if you played Them)

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    God of War is more of a "pleasure" game. Not particularly hard but you don't play it for difficulty, you play it for the spectacle.

DMC3 is more of a gamer's game. It's challenging but not obtuse. It takes skill to master. It's a great game though and still has a fair deal of spectacle to it, some of my favorite cutscenes ever come from it.

2 people like this.
  3. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    GoW is more of just a gorefest and mashing buttons. Not saying it's not hard, but it's mainly played just to see the head fall off and the blood.
    DmC is more challenging, and thus requires a little more patience, so it requires more skill.
    Not saying that either is better than the other.

1 person likes this.
  4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    You play God of War to relieve stress. You play Devil May Cry to get stressed.

1 person likes this.
  5. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    This is like asking if someone prefers eating sand or eating a 5-star gourmet meal.

DMC is leagues upon leagues better than GoW.

I could write a book on why, but suffice it to say DMC is actually fun.

6. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Continuing off of Guild's post, DMC is more of a game meant for gamers, while GoW meant for just mashing buttons. You don't get rewarded and can go through the whole game using just the same combo.

While DMC, you get rewarded for using different combos, and there's a sense of achievement when you get a SSS combo and all the extra orbs. And you need those orbs to level up so you can stand a chance in the game.

7. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I think a more valid metaphor is eating pizza or a 5-star meal.

The 5-star meal is of course better, very well made, finely tuned, a master of its craft. It's a delicacy.

Still, every now and then you just want pizza. It's a bit sloppy, there's not much substance to it, but sometimes you just want a slice of pizza.

I wouldn't really consider God of War bad like everyone says it is. It's a fun game. Not a challenging game, but a fun game. Every now and then I want a game that's just fun, I'm not as much of an uptight snob to only play games which are designated as the "master race".

2 people like this.