Got Switch Online?

download.jpeg

Nintendo's Online service launched last week for Switch, and we would like to know how many of you have signed up!

Please answer the poll and comment on what you think of Nintendo's new paid Switch Online service.

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The online in Nintendo consoles has always been free, basically meaning $12 payment for 1 year to be able to play NES games, while you can download them in your 3DS with hack or for free in your PC if you are old school and have a fucking mind to be wanting to play 30 year old games on Switch while you can play other great games on it. Honestly Nintendo, how stupid can you get? You don't know da wae

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I would buy one after Nintendo stop banning Switch account. This scummy practice against pirate must be stop.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just hope SSBU will have a campaign
I don't think I'll buy it if theres only multiplayer modes
Adventure mode is confirmed AFAIK, but it will be shorter than Subspace Emissary.
I would buy one after Nintendo stop banning Switch account. This scummy practice against pirate must be stop.
Just gonna ignore the scummy practices of pirates? Stealing games and cheating online?

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are gonna just remove the buying rule

What do you mean by that? As in they're going to stop charging for the "service"? I hope so. I don't own a switch because of the paid online which Nintendo has never been about.
They should always have marketed the "Free Online!" Aspect of the console and they would be doing much better

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I havent even turned on my switch in a while and even if I would've played I wouldnt update my switch just to play nes games.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fuck no.
Nintendo's online service is one of the worst I've seen so far, and the way they are handling the supposed "features" that the services offers is just something to laugh at.
Much worse, they sacrificed the Virtual Console for the shit that's the NES library that they are offering.

No thanks, I am much better dumping my saves and playing retro games through homebrew, online play can go fuck itself, besides many free-to-play games are still free after the Online service launched, so you can still enjoy some online play without it.

Reactions: sleepymanakete

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Adventure mode is confirmed AFAIK, but it will be shorter than Subspace Emissary.

Just gonna ignore the scummy practices of pirates? Stealing games and cheating online?
I wonder if they'll adopt the "Game Pass" practice.. I'd be alright with paying a small fee for access to an extensive library of games. It's actually paid for itself on Xbox imo. Honestly, I'd be alright if the subscription gave us access to a full catalog of retro games in the future.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I still haven't had the time to get it or test it, but I don't see any urge either.
I don't play online that much.

It's just that the added features don't seem interesting enough.
There is no lure for me.
They haven't marketed it well enough to make me want to pay it.
If it is just and only for online, then I don't give a fuck, I am not into any Switch online game for now.
Once they said they would also bring upon discounts and whatever, perhaps that makes it more interesting, but it's not well advertised.
Also I don't find any interesting social component of it. Not even something along Miiverse, not something along what Microsoft provides either.
I see no lure to it.

I mean, sure $20 is a bargain, but with that mindset I could just throw a $20 banknote out the window and watch it fly away until it gets lost or some passerby picks it up. That would be more relaxing and entertaining.

Reactions: Kioku

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Signed up for $35 Family Plan 1st night, not that I am enthusiastic about it but have little choice. Have two teens and have always been a Nintendo/PC family with 3 Switches (2 OFW, 1 CFW). Have 2 Splatoon 2 carts so it was either sell the carts and watch my kid cry or buy the service.

The game save feature will actually be handy for me as I generally float between the 2 OFW Switches depending on who is playing the other ones. I also do enjoy MK8 online as it is the only game I am half good at. :glare:

It took a few days for our BotW saves to backup for some reason but they are now.

Hell I spend $35 a month on YouTube TV just for cable news. It is really just a drop in the bucket compared to all the other subscriptions a family has (Spotify, Netflix, amazon, cloud storage, swimming pool etc.).

And honestly with the CFW Switch I am getting the better end of the deal. :grog:

Last edited by thorasgar,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyone who has bought it is stupid or doesn't mind bleeding money/having money forced out of them for something that has always been free.
I hope Nintendo goes out of business eventually and their 2 main games Mario kart & bros are released on ps & xbox, no need for Nintendo to be around anymore, their best days are behind us
It's $20 a year, stop being such a cheapskate. It's not free on any of the other platforms. Servers cost money to run you know.
I wonder if they'll adopt the "Game Pass" practice.. I'd be alright with paying a small fee for access to an extensive library of games. It's actually paid for itself on Xbox imo. Honestly, I'd be alright if the subscription gave us access to a full catalog of retro games in the future.
I'm expecting them to at least add SNES games in the future. Originally didn't they say it would have both NES and SNES games? Or was it NES and Game Boy?
It will probably be almost exclusively first party games, but I'm okay with that. I'm more of a SNES guy so the NES games don't appeal to me much.
I don't expect it to ever have as comprehensive of a library of games as Virtual Console had on other consoles though. Maybe a limited selection of first party titles of NES, SNES, GB(C) and GBA could happen over the lifetime of the Switch.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: thorasgar and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's $20 a year, stop being such a cheapskate. It's not free on any of the other platforms. Servers cost money to run you know.
With this particular case, he just despises Nintendo for one reason or another. I can understand people not being able to justify the purchase with such a small amount of "incentives". Calling people stupid, though? That's not being a cheapskate.. Just being an ass.

If they went NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA it'd be worth it imo.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: thorasgar

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Been poking Nintendo for a ban since day 1 but no ban yet, so I just keep poking around. I don't really see too much benifit from this service although iIcan dig the nes thing. I'm not too big on multiplayer stuff so I haven't used this thing to its fullest yet.. ive been using discord for voice chat for a while. I'll probably keep using the online sub just for the hell of it. Super cheap compared to ps+ and xlive. Once I get banned I'll probably pick up another switch so iIcan stay connected and be somewhat legit:mellow:

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't bought it yet but I do plan on buying it. I think it's more like supporting developers to keep them bringing (what once was free)updates to us. Splatoon is what comes to mind.

I know updates will stop rolling out soon for the game, but the extra $ Nintendo is getting could be utilized for other future games and their updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1