Got error trying to install cias after changing SD

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by greenmew2, Feb 7, 2015.

  1. greenmew2
    OP

    greenmew2 Member

    Newcomer
    37
    2
    Sep 13, 2009
    Barcelona, Spain
    I recently bought a 64GB (micro) sd card and transfered my sysnand to it. everything was fine, until I tried to install new .cia through bigbluemenu. Absolutely all my .cia are "invallid cia" and I can't install any.

    Any ideas about this? what should I do?
     
  2. gamesquest1

    gamesquest1 Nabnut

    Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    14,165
    9,523
    Sep 23, 2013
    fake SD card probably, check it with h2testw
     
  3. greenmew2
    OP

    greenmew2 Member

    Newcomer
    37
    2
    Sep 13, 2009
    Barcelona, Spain
    It's surely fake, I bought it from a chinese page for 6€, but I didn't knew fake cards would cause this type of problem.

    Welp, I'll use it for something else I suppose.
     
  4. gamesquest1

    gamesquest1 Nabnut

    Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    14,165
    9,523
    Sep 23, 2013
    i don't see why people think buying fake cards is in any way a good idea, its like saying i will buy a hard drive that has 20gb crossed out and 200TB scribbled over it........all your getting is a 20gb hard drive writing 200TB on it and spoofing the hard drive to *think* its 200TB does not make it suddenly 200TB.......fake SD cards are the exact same principle, all you doing is buying a 2gb SD with 64GB stamped on it....it will still only store 2gb, anything after that is just lost as its imaginary space....it would of been cheaper to just go buy a 2GB sd card, you paid extra for the privilege of having a crappy chip and data loss issues
     
  5. greenmew2
    OP

    greenmew2 Member

    Newcomer
    37
    2
    Sep 13, 2009
    Barcelona, Spain
    Yup, finally checked it with h2testw and it's a 4GB card. Since the computer said it was 64GB too I asumed it should be the real size. In fact, I didn't even knew you could change that.

    Well, after informing myself a little I changed it back to the actual size of the card via command lines, so at least I can use it properly without sending data to the limbo.

    Feels a little bad, but I earned it myself, at least it won't happen again. Thanks for your patience and help man.
     
    obito likes this.