greenmew2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently bought a 64GB (micro) sd card and transfered my sysnand to it. everything was fine, until I tried to install new .cia through bigbluemenu. Absolutely all my .cia are "invallid cia" and I can't install any.

Any ideas about this? what should I do?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I recently bought a 64GB (micro) sd card and transfered my sysnand to it. everything was fine, until I tried to install new .cia through bigbluemenu. Absolutely all my .cia are "invallid cia" and I can't install any.

Any ideas about this? what should I do?
fake SD card probably, check it with h2testw

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's surely fake, I buyed it from a chinese page for 6€, but I didn't knew fake cards would case this type of problem.

Welp, I'll use it for something else I suppose.
i don't see why people think buying fake cards is in any way a good idea, its like saying i will buy a hard drive that has 20gb crossed out and 200TB scribbled over it........all your getting is a 20gb hard drive writing 200TB on it and spoofing the hard drive to *think* its 200TB does not make it suddenly 200TB.......fake SD cards are the exact same principle, all you doing is buying a 2gb SD with 64GB stamped on it....it will still only store 2gb, anything after that is just lost as its imaginary space....it would of been cheaper to just go buy a 2GB sd card, you paid extra for the privilege of having a crappy chip and data loss issues

greenmew2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yup, finally checked it with h2testw and it's a 4GB card. Since the computer said it was 64GB too I asumed it should be the real size. In fact, I didn't even knew you could change that.

Well, after informing myself a little I changed it back to the actual size of the card via command lines, so at least I can use it properly without sending data to the limbo.

Feels a little bad, but I earned it myself, at least it won't happen again. Thanks for your patience and help man.

Reactions: obito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Date sticks